Saints 0-1 Stoke - Match Thread

Lighthouse

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It shouldn't matter one way or the other.  It won't affect our league position and therefore when we play home and awqy in the play offs.

If you're worried about the players being 'up for it' (I know I am), sadly they've already proved they can't do anything but bottle the 'big' games this season.  Losing or drawing another two meaningless games isn't going to make much difference to our mental resilience.  If the players can't motivate themselves for three of the biggest games of their careers, we're fucked anyway!

I’m more concerned about the team than any individual players. We need a settled first eleven who know each other’s game inside out. After 44 games you might expect us to have that. Too much chopping and changing and trying to be too clever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’m more concerned about the team than any individual players. We need a settled first eleven who know each other’s game inside out. After 44 games you might expect us to have that. Too much chopping and changing and trying to be too clever.

The last game at Leicester they looked as if they were strangers who hadn't played together before. Some say that's because of chopping and changing, others say the manager is too stubborn and won't adapt. Who'd be a manager? Easier to be  a critic, especially with hindsight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

The QPR/Leeds result should give the team a massive confidence boost. Exactly the tonic needed to get our promotion momentum going.

Won't happen, but I'd like to see Edozie start rather than Brookes. Have SAA and Dibling on the bench (Sule can stay home) and if we're winning comfortably, one of them can replace AA/Che, but don't mess with the team too much. Consistency is important for the next five games!

Surely Brooks will be dropped regardless who replaces him

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Was it one of those polite don’t talk to me smiles that people give when they really don’t want to engage with you?

Reminds me of that time I saw Tessem, walking beside him passed Yates towards the KFC Nationwide junction, think I scared him from staring at him smiling,  he seemed scares of me but then luckily for Tessem, Mark Draper went by in his car (proper old banger) tooted the horn and Tessem jumped in. 🤣🤣🤣  I would have been 19/20 then.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Looks like RM doesn't agree with you.

I assume because he's way cleverer than the rest of us.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

RM: I will pick players that are committed.

Also RM: Picks Sekou Mara who is one of the laziest players to wear the shirt. Alongside Alex McCarthy who has been poor for years. And David Brooks who has been poor for a number of weeks and is a loanee with nothing to play for.

• Haha 4

Mara!? Perhaps he's been moaning about not starting? OK, lad, here's your chance. Make or break..

Brooks likewise.. I  don't like playing wing boss. 

So prove the manager wrong then.. Happy for Downes to be sub returning from injury. Apart from that, strongish bench?😁

• Like 1

Hope Mara has a good game.

Great to see Downes on the bench. Good sign that he will be fit for the play offs. What am I saying? Two 5-0 wins and we could be up.

Central midfield looks weak.

Edited by Chez

He wants us to lose.

Let's have a sing song....

WHERE'S YOUR CARAVAN
(where's your caravan)
DIRTY LITTLE SKATE
(dirty little skate)
WHERE'S YOUR CARAVAN
(where's your caravan)
FAR FAR AWAY,
FAR FAR AWAY YAY YAY YAY YAY,

LAST NIGHT I SAW THEM STEAL YOUR CAAAARAVAAAAN,
OOOOH EE, YOU POOR LITTLE SKATE C**T,

YOU WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND YOUR CARAVAN'S GOOOOONE,
OOOOOH EE; YOU POOR LITTLE SKATE C**T,
YOU POOR LITTLE SKATE C**T,
SKATE!

WHERE'S YOUR CARAVAN
(where's your caravan)
DIRTY LITTLE SKATE
(dirty little skate)
WHERE'S YOUR CARAVAN
(where's your caravan)
FAR FAR AWAY,
FAR FAR AWAY YAY YAY YAY YAY.....

Remember losing last game of the season 1-0 against them, Peter Crouch header, think it will be a similar game and result (different goal scorer obviously) 

I think the attacking changes are a response to Adams and Armstrongs inability to finish last game. It's weird that they are two of the top scorers in the division but I don't have faith in either of them to finish a chance. Problem with bringing Mara in is he's too fucking lazy

I've got a feeling we'll see Smallbone sitting with Charles, and Brooks a bit ahead of them, and the two wide boys tucking in a wee bit. I reckon that midfield will do better than people think. 

A spirited defeat today. 

8 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Take out KWP and Harwood-Bellis and this is the sort of absolute shite we have to look forward to next season. Yay. 

Cheers Russ

I'd say Brooks and Fraser are quality players if played right, need to set up team correctly, don't think we will, weak in midfield will lose the battle there. 

9 minutes ago, egg said:

I've got a feeling we'll see Smallbone sitting with Charles, and Brooks a bit ahead of them, and the two wide boys tucking in a wee bit. I reckon that midfield will do better than people think. 

A spirited defeat today. 

A spirited defeat against a mostly crap team isn't really doing better than expected. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Stoke - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic