FA Cup 5th round draw thread (Sunderland Away)

rickylambert

So, the teams left in the competition are as follows:

Arsenal

Preston/Forest

Liverpool

Swansea

Cardiff

Charlton

Man City

Brighton

Sheffield Wednesday

SAINTS

Hull

Sunderland

Wigan

Everton (Probably)

Sheffield United/Fulham

Chelsea/Stoke.

Ideally I'd like Sheffield United, but doubt they'll get a win at Fulham tomorrow, but out of the teams already through, I'd have Charlton

For reasons of progression then anyone from a lower division at home.

For a better day out either Sheffield club away.

This for me please.

The last time I went to Hillsborough we somehow managed to lose 5-0 to a very average Wednesday side, and I never hear the end of it from my Owls supporting mates so it would be nice to lay that ghost to rest.

And although we have played there at least twice since I have been living up here, I have never yet been to see Saints at Bramall Lane.

Same as always, worst side left in the draw at home. So that would be what Charlton or Sheffield Wednesday then ?

If we have to draw a PL side please let it be Fulham, and at home, mind you Swansea are in complete disarray, put them down as 4th choice then.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I'd like Charlton (4), Wednesday (8), or Sheffield United (16) (if they beat Fulham). At home, naturally.

I'd rather have Charlton or Wednesday than (6): Forest are going well in the Championship, and Preston are doing well in League 1.

To be honest, I'd be happy with any tie, home or away, if we avoided the likes of City (13), Liverpool (14), Everton (10), Arsenal (9) & Chelsea (12).

I'd be happy with any home again... ...and quite fancy a draw against Arsenal, Chelsea, City or Liverpool. On our day we can beat any of them. Chances of getting to Wembley are fairly low. If we win a tie like that , we've truly earned the right to be there. And if we don't, at least we went out with a bang. Worst scenario is going out to someone like Brighton. Just my mindset.

I'd be happy with any home again... ...and quite fancy a draw against Arsenal, Chelsea, City or Liverpool. On our day we can beat any of them. Chances of getting to Wembley are fairly low. If we win a tie like that , we've truly earned the right to be there. And if we don't, at least we went out with a bang. Worst scenario is going out to someone like Brighton. Just my mindset.

Rather we kept it simple myself, worst possible team at home. We play Hull away on the Tuesday beforehand and I wouldn't want any of our young heads fuzzed by thoughts of cup glory against Chelsea or Liverpool the week-end afterwards. Hull away is a tough game, we'll need 100% to get anything much, especially with no Lovren.