CONFIRMED: Rodriguez ruptures ACL - out for SIX months

Saint-Armstrong

A terrible shame, especially for something so innocuous as controlling the ball - let's hope the six months recovery period cited by the club is no longer.

The timing is obviously awful for him with the WC. But the only thing I can take from this is that at least 4 of those 6 months will be spent recovering while this season fizzles out and pre-season for 2014/2015.

Still, absolutely horrendous for the lad.

Very bad news, could take a long time to get back to his best. Couldn't have come at a worse time, although he wouldn't have gone to the World Cup he was really starting to hit top form. Hope he has a full recovery and comes back stronger than ever

Very bad news, could take a long time to get back to his best. Couldn't have come at a worse time, although he wouldn't have gone to the World Cup he was really starting to hit top form. Hope he has a full recovery and comes back stronger than ever

I don't know, I think he was really pushing for it. What's the alternative? Well****. And he's not scoring goals, again - no ****.

I think he had a real chance and I'm devastated for him, the horrible thing with ACL injuries - unless they are treated very well - they do seem to hang around for the career, and continuous knee knocks seem to be the effect of that. Lets hope he gets the best of care, treatment and rehab. It's a long road back for him though.

#GetWellSoonJay

Gutted for him really, his reaction said it all :(

Despite what some posters on here say, I genuinely felt he would've went to the WC.

15 goals from a wide position is great.

Wish him all the best.

Realistically we are looking at a December return.

I think we should try and get Redmayne in from Norwich. We are going to have to 'splash the cash' this summer. Gutted for J Rod, but at least some of his recovery time is over the summer.

Very sad for Jay. Had a cracking season too. I hope this wasn't his best chance to go to the World Cup. Get well soon a Jay.

Silver lining? Ummm, perhaps that means we get to keep him for next season...

Absolutely gutted for Jay. I actually think he would've made the squad, but we'll never know, even if Roy comes out and says it.

The rest of the squad, and the other England hopefuls in particular, must be devastated for him.

Just wish him all the best now for a speedy and full recovery.

Absolutely distraught for the lad, how much bad luck is it possible to have?

I wonder what psychological effect this will have on our other world cup hopefuls going into our remaining games?

Hopefully a case of #winitforJay

Gutted' date=' terrible news for the lad and the club as a whole. Get well soon Jay Rod. Does this give an opening for another youngster though? Josh Sims, Jake Sinclair or Omar Rowe maybe? Rowe's looked decent in the clips I've seen of him.[/quote']

Likely to see Ramirez playing there I'm all honesty.