Koeman Appointed

Saint Garrett

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

We’re delighted to confirm that Ronald Koeman is our new First Team Manager. Welcome to #SaintsFC, @Koeman1963!

Southampton FC @SouthamptonFC ·

#SaintsFC also confirms the appointment of Jan Kluitenberg, who takes up the role of Assistant First Team Coach/Physical Coach.

#SaintsFC’s new manager @Koeman1963: “I am thrilled to be the manager of Southampton Football Club.”

.@Koeman1963: “The opportunity to continue the development of this famous football club was simply too good to turn down.” #saintsfc

.@Koeman1963: “From my very first meeting with Les Reed, I could see clearly that this was the right club for me.” #saintsfc

.@Koeman1963: “We share the same philosophy of football, and the same belief in how to develop the club.” #saintsfc

Les Reed: “We are extremely pleased to have secured a new manager of @Koeman1963’s calibre and status within the game.” #saintsfc

Les Reed: “We have concluded our search for a manager who shares our values and vision for the future of #SaintsFC.”

Les Reed: "From the moment we met with Ronald, it was clear he had the vision and ambition to take our club forward.” #saintsfc

BqQpRqzCUAErihX.png:large

Jan Kluitenberg ‏@jankluit

From this moment on I am a SAINT for 3 years. BqQsMOYCcAAHW01.jpg

Edited by Saint Garrett

Confirmed by the official twitter account..

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 8s

We’re delighted to confirm that Ronald Koeman is our new First Team Manager. Welcome to #SaintsFC, @Koeman1963! pic.twitter.com/OL4yKV3SCj

Good start. Now let's see what that means for team recruitment and retention leading up to the new season.

If you put aside everything else that has happened this summer, (or even in spite of all that) this is quite some indicator of the progress of the club overall, to attract such a name.

I'm really quite excited by this - lots of work to be done, but I'll happily say now that, if we can finish around 8th again next season, and retain the manager and the momentum, then I think we're set fair for further improvement over the following seasons.