Sheff Utd 1-0 Saints Post match carnage.

Edmonton Saint

utter, utter gash

we were not unlucky tonight, we were utter gash

left toby on the bench ffs

koeman walked away from clough at the end instead of shaking hands, not cool either

we are screwed at the weekend. they are v/strong in the middle of the park

I have said all along that we need to aim for the 40 point mark and that we will be fighting for our Premier status. I have been consistently ridiculed and yet now those very same people are starting to say exactly what I had dared to say through the start of the season.

Really worth getting those disciplinary points for our side (not), team going to look very threadbare at weekend. Typical saints from Dream world to nightmare in 3 short weeks, unfortunately at a time that the games come thick and fast with no break to recover.

Why do we manage to fu^ck it up when we have a route to a Cup Final mapped out in front of us?

Last season I don't believe we had the intent to win at Sunderland, and although we had an injury hit squad tonight, that does not explain the inept performance of some.

Why did we sign Mane, and Long ? Mane was a gamble of the unknown, Long has a proven record of being a non-scorer? What did we expect?

I have said all along that we need to aim for the 40 point mark and that we will be fighting for our Premier status. I have been consistently ridiculed and yet now those very same people are starting to say exactly what I had dared to say through the start of the season.
lets not think relegation quite yet Dalek. I know things are poor and I expect us to fall away some more yet, but we should get enough to stay up

Just out of interest, what would you have done differently tonight?

As I have been saying for the last month or so, Would have Seager on the bench instead of Mayuka. Maybe Started Alderwiereld at the back instead of Gardos as Toby is a 1st choice defender.. then Not subbed Targett at half time, would have taken off Mane who had become a liability in the first half,( and it was Manes challenge which led to the free kick from which they scored) that's just for starters..

The defence looks OK, however in attack we're terrible - awful.

Long, Mane, Mayuka, Victor, JWP (Who KEPT losing the ball!), were terrible - and then Clyne and Bertrand had bad games too, Gardos had a nightmare all evening,

Foster saved us on a few occasions, but as a collective whole it's the worst Saints performance for two seasons.

Koeman needs to change things and quick, bring in Reed, take out Mane, bring in Seager or Rowe, we have some great talent coming through time to use them!

Also, I thought Yoshi would have been a much better bet than Gardos tonight who is just Hooiveld but more athletic.

Well as I said in the previous 'defeat thread' we are seriously looking at nine or ten defeats on the trot.

I am not SUGGESTING this but I am WONDERING if Koeman's position at the club will become untenable?

If this form and weird team selections continues I cannot see him being her at the end of the season - if this does continue over Christmas - which it will - we actually could easily be facing a relegation scrap. Plenty of other sides have started top ten or higher and slipped right down the table - for instance Blackpool and Hull City off the top of my head.

This is worrying - Saturday is could easily turn out to be a 4-0 home hammering.

Oh well as it ever was.