VIDEO: Les Reed on Ronald Koeman's future

Saint-Armstrong

So we shouldn't believe the words you can clearly see Reed saying?

Surely he has earned that respect?

He says there are contract talks, Ron's new Agent says there are contract talks and Reed says there is only any point in involving the Agent in specific contract talks once Koeman is aligned to the future plans.

Don't get the negativity?

Me neither. I just watched the interview and it all seemed fine.

All sounds very positive, especially if things have moved to contracts. Must mean Ronald is happy with the ambition shown or it would have have got that far.

*may I qualify that by ambition, I don't mean spending a sack load of money, more that he likes how we are thinking we can progress, be it a mix of keeping existing players, developing the youth further and signing some quality additions.

Edited by Daft Kerplunk

Would have preferred that didn't happen. Better to say nothing until it's done. Almost pandering to the loons on this forum there, Leslie.

This.

Really what is the value of broadcasting this to the world.... just get the job done.

why can't Les respond to the initial question "how impressed have you been with Koeman" with a straight answer "very impressed"?

I think that could be because the clip appears to be an extract from the middle of a longer interview and his answer seemed to be a reiteration and/or elaboration of an earlier answer. That earlier answer to a similar question may well have been more definitive than the one in the clip. In other words, we don't have the context of the full interview to judge the answer to the question in isolation. Possibly.

I think that could be because the clip appears to be an extract from the middle of a longer interview and his answer seemed to be a reiteration and/or elaboration of an earlier answer. That earlier answer to a similar question may well have been more definitive than the one in the clip. In other words, we don't have the context of the full interview to judge the answer to the question in isolation. Possibly.

The You Tube one is surely the full interview?

To calm neurotic fans?

To placate fans who are constantly demanding "communication" on the issue?

To put pressure on RK?

To fuel speculation to keep bored fans interested?

Who knows? But at least something's happening.

To make some people think something's happening when really nothing is happening?

To make others think nothing is happening because he said something is happening when really something is happening?

To make others think nothing is happening by saying something is happening when really nothing is happening?

To make others think something is happening by saying something is happening when something really is happening?

Overall it's a nice interview, but why can't Les respond to the initial question "how impressed have you been with Koeman" with a straight answer "very impressed"? And then continue to ay everything else. It seems slightly arrogant to me, like Les and his team want to take the credit themselves and not give too much to Koeman.

Maybe they haven't been impressed maybe they are all talking behinds Ron's back about Leicester.....

To make some people think something's happening when really nothing is happening?

To make others think nothing is happening because he said something is happening when really something is happening?

To make others think nothing is happening by saying something is happening when really nothing is happening?

To make others think something is happening by saying something is happening when something really is happening?

I see. Something is happening; or nothing is happening. That clarifies things. :?

What on earth are you going on about now??

You may have a point, but best not to ignore your customers the whole time.

Who is "ignoring their customers the whole time"?

It's certainly not regular SFC interview participant Les Reed, who appears on YouTube more than Zoella, so who are you referring to?

Who is "ignoring their customers the whole time"?

It's certainly not regular SFC interview participant Les Reed, who appears on YouTube more than Zoella, so who are you referring to?

Ah so you change it from "who is advocating that". Well as to your new question, it is really rather obvious, so I have to presume it is rhetorical.

The You Tube one is surely the full interview?

Reed answers the 'first' question with "I think, again,..." as if he's already answered a similar question. Just a hunch that the interview they've put up on YouTube is an extract of a longer interview and they've just put up the bit they thought was most interesting. Anyway, no doubt I'm in the 'thinking too hard about it' camp so pinches of salt all round. :)

Reed answers the 'first' question with "I think, again,..." as if he's already answered a similar question. Just a hunch that the interview they've put up on YouTube is an extract of a longer interview and they've just put up the bit they thought was most interesting. Anyway, no doubt I'm in the 'thinking too hard about it' camp so pinches of salt all round. :)

It's almost definitely a cut from a larger video. You can tell from the way Tom (interviewer) asks the question and how suddenly the audio begins.

What on earth are you going on about now??

Your seeming lack of understanding what "advocating" means, and your seeming lack of understanding who the customer is. But it's not worth going on about, but if you want to, knock yourself out.

#ItsHappening

Your seeming lack of understanding what "advocating" means, and your seeming lack of understanding who the customer is. But it's not worth going on about, but if you want to, knock yourself out.

Bizarre.

You may have a point, but best not to ignore your customers the whole time.

Who are you talking to or about in this post? Who is advocating (look it up) ignoring their customers the whole time? Or, more succinctly, what are you going on about?

Seems like a bit of "in before the cats out of the bag" thing. In other words, Ron ain't gonna sign but the club is telling us that they've done everything they can.

Hope I'm wrong though, would love RoKo to commit for a longer term!

I'm not at all clear as to how you arrived at that?

Who are you talking to or about in this post? Who is advocating (look it up) ignoring their customers the whole time? Or, more succinctly, what are you going on about?

No one is advocating ignoring their customers. I stated best not to ignore customers (so if anyone was advocating anything, it would be me, but then you wouldn't ask who was advocating that, as it was my opinion and rather obviously mine).

No one is advocating ignoring their customers. I stated best not to ignore customers (so if anyone was advocating anything, it would be me, but then you wouldn't ask who was advocating that, as it was my opinion and rather obviously mine).

So you don't think anyone featured in this thread - Les Reed, SFC - are "ignoring their customers the whole time" but felt compelled to issue that advice anyway.

Insightful stuff, and here's me thinking that post was utterly pointless. Anyway, it's nice to see you not being racist and homophobic on here.

Take the interview at face value and get on with your lives ;)

I'm not sure how anyone can take too much umbrage with what was said, it all seems reasonable enough. Point to the Clyne interview by all means, but that doesn't negate the fact that what Reed said was perfectly valid.

So we shouldn't believe the words you can clearly see Reed saying?

Surely he has earned that respect?

He says there are contract talks, Ron's new Agent says there are contract talks and Reed says there is only any point in involving the Agent in specific contract talks once Koeman is aligned to the future plans.

Don't get the negativity?

He has a track record as a cronic liar...

Seems as though some on here are almost desperate for it to be nonsense so they can moan and say "told you so"

Sadly I think you are right. They will all crawl out of the woodwork the minute it looks like we are going to sell a player too. Gotta love the close season and the wrist slitters!

Take the interview at face value and get on with your lives ;)

I'm not sure how anyone can take too much umbrage with what was said, it all seems reasonable enough. Point to the Clyne interview by all means, but that doesn't negate the fact that what Reed said was perfectly valid.

Having watched it twice I have to say I agree with you. First time I watched I thought, that's good, talks are ongoing with lawyers getting involved, watched it a second time to see if I missed something suspicious and no, couldn't see anything.

Personally I can't see any hidden agenda or motive.

It's not the content of the video that's alarming/reassuring. It's the fact that the club would put a video on their official channel on how contract talks were going with their manager. Who is their audience? It's not Koeman or the board. It can only be fans and press. Since when has any club cared that much about what is in the press - certainly no club goes out of it's way to clear up every possible transfer/management/player rumour there is. At best Les is using the video to stick a 'bugger off' message on Koeman to send to Everton, Arsenal etc. So it leaves us with the video trying to reassure the fans, which just seems bizzare. Bizzare timing, bizzare message to want to convey (not Les' words, but the video idea itself). Why do fans need to know this, but not for them trying to stir up a positive image of the club?

I hope to God he signs an extension, I thought he would and still think he will, based on Koeman's character and past comments. But the video seems very oddly placed.

It's not the content of the video that's alarming/reassuring. It's the fact that the club would put a video on their official channel on how contract talks were going with their manager. Who is their audience? It's not Koeman or the board. It can only be fans and press. Since when has any club cared that much about what is in the press - certainly no club goes out of it's way to clear up every possible transfer/management/player rumour there is. At best Les is using the video to stick a 'bugger off' message on Koeman to send to Everton, Arsenal etc. So it leaves us with the video trying to reassure the fans, which just seems bizzare. Bizzare timing, bizzare message to want to convey (not Les' words, but the video idea itself). Why do fans need to know this, but not for them trying to stir up a positive image of the club?

I hope to God he signs an extension, I thought he would and still think he will, based on Koeman's character and past comments. But the video seems very oddly placed.

Koeman's contract is the main issue occupying fans atm. The club need to show they are aware and addressing the issue - regardless of the outcome.

I think you over thinking things a touch here.

His name is in every newspaper in hte land connected with most jobs; Everton, Arsenal, Barcelona etc... They just put this out there to explain the time constraints in getting a new contract sorted - for the fans.

Nothing particularly concerning in what he says, positive in fact.

But the fact that this video is there at all is odd for me - why do this? Just get your business done in private and then announce it when it's all sorted.

I'm still very hopeful that Koeman will sign a new deal, but equally, I can see why people see this video as a bit of PR that is either setting us up for bad news ("Well it was all going well and then RK and his lawyers ruined it...") or a bizarre attempt to put pressure on Koeman (very unprofessional if it is this).

I hope far too much is being read into it, but this is football we're talking about at the end of the day...

My natural state of mind on anything like this is one of pessimism. That way, if this turns out to be a 'get it out in the open' last roll of the dice by Reed to convince Koeman to stay and it fails, then I won't be as disappointed had I approached it with optimism.

:)

Are you dalek

Are you dalek

Are you dalek in disguise?

Aaare you dalek in disguise.

;) :)

Only if I humourously repeat that post 638 times between now and March next year. :)

Trouble is, we could well be facing a relegation battle by then.

One of these years, that's going to happen. It's my biggest fear, mainly because dalek will be all over the site saying how he told us so.

Trouble is, we could well be facing a relegation battle by then.

One of these years, that's going to happen. It's my biggest fear, mainly because dalek will be all over the site saying how he told us so.

Were that ever to happen, I'd be concerned that he'd drown in his own love juice long before he got the chance to logon to Saintsweb :)