The Statue

1976_Child

• 6 years later...
To be fair to the original Ted Bates statue it was never as embarrassing as this….

article-1301859919109-0B769A2E00000578-400162_466x559.jpg

Saw the Michael Jackson statue when Saints played at Fulham the first season back in the Premier League in 2012. It was truly dreadful. Apparently it was removed in 2013 by the new chairman and in 2014 was installed at the National Football Museum in Manchester. Why they would want it is beyond me. Al-Fayed blamed Fulham's relegation in 2014 on the removal of the statue, You couldn't make this stuff up.

Fulham now have a statue of George Cohen outside the ground, which seems far more fitting.

It's a shame the original forum thread isn't still available. I think it was 'The Farmer' who posted the image of his hand coming over the roof and holding up a floodlight stand. I literally had to get out of my seat and walk around the room, I was laughing so hard it bloody hurt sitting down

Yeah same here mate!!! Absolutely priceless!!!! Still funny all these years on :D

Bizarrely I was in Glasgow last week and almost bumped into the Krankies as I approached the airport car park !

Little Jimmy is an absolute midget but my mind immediately skipped to the Ted Bates statue !

She must have wondered what the hell I was laughing at :):)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Another somewhat dubious resemblance to add to the collection.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68625041

IMG_0945.jpeg

FFS

She said it was "disappointing" that photos of the sculpture had been released early because she wanted "the community to enjoy the full experience of the launch"

It's Ted MKI revisited!

Edit: Looking again it's more Terry Paine than Harry Kane - think I'd keep the green bench but ditch the thing sat on it for scrap

Edited by TheAlehouseBrawlers
Just noticed...
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

IMG_0945.jpeg

Mental that we live in a world where a frighteningly lifelike mould could be produced by 3D printing, but instead poor Harry has to suffer the embarrassment of pretending he’s “proud” to be associated with that statue.

On 21/03/2024 at 17:15, Lighthouse said:

IMG_0945.jpeg

The sculptor Auguste de Bourneville works entirely in chocolate.  This gives his work great fluidity, especially during the summer months.  His 2023 work 'Pensive Jack Grealish' (below) is considered a high calorie masterpiece:

Melting Chocolate Animals Highlight Climate Change for Fairtrade | LBBOnline