Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Well still think they way Toby has been speaking we are in pole position to get him, he's done the big club thing and that's why he ended up with us because he wants to play.

I'd take both Ings and Austin to be honest.

Ings is on a free anyway and he looks fairly versatile and I reckon he would do all right out wide with his direct running ability plus if we end up with Europa league we need more options/cover.

If we can keep Clyne, keep Toby, we will have Jay Rod as essentially a new player and add say Ings/Austin, someone like Cech or Rob Green to cover Forster and then a big money midfielder to replace Morgan that would be a hell of a window for me.

lol :rolleyes:

Amy Lewis @SkySportsAmy · 16s16 seconds ago

Sources: Bournemouth are planning to make a bid for Burnley defender Kieran Trippier. Eddie Howe worked with him when managing Burnley

I doubt he wants to be relegated two seasons in a row. I guess he'll go if no one bigger (ie every other club in the PL) offers him PL football. Personally I'd like him here if Clyne goes (or even if Clyne stays TBF)

I still think Fer could be a decent player. Hasn't shown it enough yet, relegated twice but every now and then he looks quality. Big player, likes to shoot, think he might have a chance of improving here. Saints would be the place to find out anyway. Him in the Davis role perhaps, not being relied on quite so much to defend, and having better players around him.

Or perhaps I just want to see a saints player who can put his foot through the ball from 25 yards.

Still rather have Moussa Sissoko think he is another good player in a **** team put him alongside Victor if Morgan goes.

The Times today in piece on Ridgers' travails: "Rodgers preference would be to recruit proven British players, such as Ashley Williams & Ryan Bertrand."

This time last year nobody gave a f*ck about Ryan Bertrand. How come genius Rodgers didn't spot him then?

The Times today in piece on Ridgers' travails: "Rodgers preference would be to recruit proven British players, such as Ashley Williams & Ryan Bertrand."

I think part of the problem is they (the fans) would have been hounding Rodgers out of the club for signing a Chelsea reject in Bertrand. Now he's worth considerably more having returned to the England fold and put in a decent complete season, they are interested.

Deluded mugs. I never used to mind Liverpool, was never fussed by them really, but they're really p*ssing me off now - although, mainly Rodgers to be fair.

This time last year nobody gave a f*ck about Ryan Bertrand. How come genius Rodgers didn't spot him then?

Actually, Liverpool tried to sign him last year but didn't want to pay what Chelsea wanted. So it's fair to say we jumped in front of them for him!

Actually, Liverpool tried to sign him last year but didn't want to pay what Chelsea wanted. So it's fair to say we jumped in front of them for him!

Oh okay, I stand corrected, but that means Liverpool weren't prepared to pay a measly £10 million for the type of "proven British player" Rodgers apparently wants :mcinnes:

disagree on Sissoko, powerful player, scores some crackers, has pace and power to quickly turn defence into attack. Looks good on occassions for Newcastle at the mo, but when he had some good players around him like Cabaye, was a really good player.

We have good players - if Morgan goes, he'd be a good signing for me.

Xavi is leaving Barcelona maybe we could get Matt LeTiss to give him a call and convince him to emulate his Saints hero.

Briefly thought this but he's off to the Middle East for one last motherfrickin almighty pay day.

I'm not quite sure on Austin to be honest. Would definitely score goals, but not sure his allround game is that great and generally I see him finishing stuff well rather than being a huge threat to defences in the way someone like Jay Rod was when fit.

For 10m or so, its probably a good deal, but I wouldn't necessarily see him being the main striker for us. Depends where we see ourselves I guess. Liverpool/Spurs, who we have rivalled this season probably think Austin isn't quite of the quality they need.

Would be a solid option to have though.

Austin would be a great signing, good age, available at a decent price, can do it in the premier league and would suit us far more than Danny Ings. Attacking options of him, Pelle, rodriguez, long and Mane would be excellent.

I'm not quite sure on Austin to be honest. Would definitely score goals, but not sure his allround game is that great and generally I see him finishing stuff well rather than being a huge threat to defences in the way someone like Jay Rod was when fit.

For 10m or so, its probably a good deal, but I wouldn't necessarily see him being the main striker for us. Depends where we see ourselves I guess. Liverpool/Spurs, who we have rivalled this season probably think Austin isn't quite of the quality they need.

If we didn't have Long, it would be a no-brainer. As it is, not sure he's quite what we need.

Austin would be a great signing, good age, available at a decent price, can do it in the premier league and would suit us far more than Danny Ings. Attacking options of him, Pelle, rodriguez, long and Mane would be excellent.

Agreed, if we signed him and J Rod can repeat his previous form we won't need to sign many attacking players. I think we will need a few defensive reinforcements though. Hopefully the situation with Clyne and Toby gets sorted soon.

Austins all round game is very good. We'd obviously use him differently to QPR and he'd be expected to get involved in the build up from time to time. He's a cracking striker and 10 mil would be a snip. He probably won't head butt Fonte either.

He's also out scored anything that Liverpool or spurs have in a really **** team.

I share your reservations about Austin, main concern is whether his attitude and ego would fit into the camp to be honest. He's been kingpin wherever he's been to date, and if that wasn't so at St Mary's then I'm not sure he'd fit. That said, his goalscoring record is excellent and would be worth a punt.

If we didn't have Long, it would be a no-brainer. As it is, not sure he's quite what we need.

Interesting comparison, as Long is popular, hardworking and puts a tremendous effort in but with a poor goalscoring record, Austin on the other hand has a good goalscoring record but I'm not convinced that he'd match Longs work ethic. Pleased to be proven wrong if he joins.

Austins all round game is very good. We'd obviously use him differently to QPR and he'd be expected to get involved in the build up from time to time. He's a cracking striker and 10 mil would be a snip. He probably won't head butt Fonte either.

He's also out scored anything that Liverpool or spurs have in a really **** team.

Kane ?

His scoring is all the more impressive in a sh!t side but I doubt he'll go for £10m, I expect it'll be nearer £15m given his recent call up and interest in him.

This and this.

Wouldn't worry about our attacking options if we had those 5, plus Gallagher and Seager ...

interestingly, i had a comversation with kevin Bond and he says Austin will score bag loads of goals but his link player isnt upto much. not rea,ly watched him much but thought these comments were worth mentioning bearing in mind he worked with the guy at qpr.

interestingly, i had a comversation with kevin Bond and he says Austin will score bag loads of goals but his link player isnt upto much. not rea,ly watched him much but thought these comments were worth mentioning bearing in mind he worked with the guy at qpr.

Tbf there hasn't been a lot to link up with at Qpr for him