Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Plausible deniability.

They (LFC) do not employ the journalists nor the ex-players who of course are going to be biased.

Donald McKinley

ex player and now presenter for LFCTV

Phil Thompson

ex player and now presenter for LFCTV

John Aldridge

ex player and now occasional presenter for LFCTV

Steven Gerrard

youth coach, ex player and occasional presenter for LFCTV

John Arne Riise

ex player and now occasional presenter for LFCTV. Also employed by Liverpool Echo.

all the above made public statements via the TV channel claiming VvD 'preferred Liverpool'.

And, most of them also told the Liverpool Echo.

all before any contact with us (club) and some even publicly 'advised' VvD to go on strike after the apology

Edited by patred44

Don't be surprised if this is the last time we see VVD in a Saints shirt.

He might finish the Austrian leg of pre season.

Transfer request imminent apparently.

He's doing a 'Lovren'

Here's hoping it's not true....but I think it's best for all parties if we go our separate ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not being pedantic but why would he tell someone he was going to put one in..why wouldn't he just have submitted one already? Or is he just after a free holiday to Austria first?

Some seem to think that a written transfer request has to be accepted. It doesn't. And then there is the small point of any other club having to reach an agreement with us. It seems that some are trying to stir the waters so that they can save themselves a bob or two.

Some seem to think that a written transfer request has to be accepted. It doesn't. And then there is the small point of any other club having to reach an agreement with us. It seems that some are trying to stir the waters so that they can save themselves a bob or two.

Dunno, doesn't sound like something Liverpool would do...

Oh jeez.

Have to admit seeing the title of the Ugly Inside blog post pop up just now on Twitter... :lol:

They got me. 'Tis not too often I'm fooled by something like that, but they got me.

Utter bellends :lol:

Edited by Jimmy_D

A little worrying that phrases like "as long as he doesn't agitate for a move'" and "the gossip is unsubstantiated at this stage" are creeping in.

I hope they'll stand firm, but just a hint that they're preparing excuses.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A little worrying that phrases like "as long as he doesn't agitate for a move'" and "the gossip is unsubstantiated at this stage" are creeping in.

I hope they'll stand firm, but just a hint that they're preparing excuses.

Yeah my thoughts exactly

"although Saints feel well-placed to withstand bids as long as Van Dijk doesn’t agitate for a move."

Is like a invitation for him to kick up a fuss.

Until it's verified by club or player it's going to be 'speculation'....

Met up with some chums at St Mary's today whilst getting the new shirt,who get to hear stuff via contacts in the club.

Over a couple of beers in the spitfire pub they disclosed some stuff.

All tenuous,I know.

So this information is pretty much 4th hand, about something that would not be common knowledge to anyone but the player and his agent.

Yeah, not sure I'll be taking this news as gospel.

I'd rather dwell on U I Nick's clever switch of VVD's Contract to checking out of the hotel early ...... top work

However a source close to Southampton FC said.

"This has enraged the club who were hoping that he would stay in the Alp view room for at least another night and hopefully the five remaining nights of the team's stay, they feel that this is a blatant tapping up of a guest by the Hilton Group and intend to report them to the Hoteliers Association in the morning"

Saints Director of football Les Reed stated.

"Virgil Van Dijk was happy to check into an Alp view room for six nights only a few hours ago, we have no intention of letting any of our players move to another room, unless it s in the best interests of the club, ie if they offer a huge discount and perhaps throw in a few free full Alpen breakfasts"

If he is forced to stay another season (allegedly) against his will, how will that affect his performances on the pitch?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It is a W/C year and Holland are currently 3rd in their group 3pts behind France & Sweden.

They have to play France at the end of August (31st) after Saints have played 3 league games and a few weeks later they play Sweden.

IMO if he is sulking or training with the reserves he probably won't get picked to play against France and I would expect some of the other Dutch players to be giving him stick for putting their w/c interests at risk.

I'm sure you will be straight on here to moan like **** about it.

As will plenty of people it's a forum! you will be on b I t c h I n g about the people b I t c h I n g or anyone that has a different opinion so don't think your exempt! btw your the one offending not me

It is a W/C year and Holland are currently 3rd in their group 3pts behind France & Sweden.

They have to play France at the end of August (31st) after Saints have played 3 league games and a few weeks later they play Sweden.

IMO if he is sulking or training with the reserves he probably won't get picked to play against France and I would expect some of the other Dutch players to be giving him stick for putting their w/c interests at risk.

Good point so.its not in his best interests to sulk

Both of those were a league above Fonte last season...and they will both get better again.

While Fonte was fading he was still much better than Yoshida and Stephens . If Reed hadn't ballsed up the Fonte transfer Stephens wouldn't even have been getting game time .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

His agent stands to make 7 to 10million on the deal.

He must be desperate for it to go through. He is certainly the one keeping the press pressure on IMO.

Saints would probably like to see a transfer request come in to save them £7 to 10million on the deal.

May depend on whether VVD's agent can get a club to recompense both of them as well as pay Saints a huge fee.

The moral of the story is that football at the highest level has been thoroughly corrupted by money and agents.

It is beginning to smell like a huge cess-pit now.

Personally the sooner he puts in a transfer request and goes giving us a huge profit, the better for us.

I can myself supporting Cambridge United if the Prem carries on like this.

He must be desperate for it to go through. He is certainly the one keeping the press pressure on IMO.

Saints would probably like to see a transfer request come in to save them £7 to 10million on the deal.

May depend on whether VVD's agent can get a club to recompense both of them as well as pay Saints a huge fee.

The moral of the story is that football at the highest level has been thoroughly corrupted by money and agents.

Personally the sooner he puts in a transfer request and goes giving us a huge profit, the better for us.

I agree with most of this. In particular, greedy agents will do anything to push through a lucrative transfer, unsettling the player, manipulating the media and encouraging the tactics of striking, putting in transfer requests, etc.

It's become a money-grabbing currupt system in which player loyalty has to be avoided and the only interests are financial, not what is best for a player's development.

Plus the growing assumption that contracts mean nothing and players are entitled to walk out whenever they like on the grounds that you can't stop them accepting a bigger offer.

But given that the Dutch will hprobably have been eliminated by October that is probably not much of a hope is it?

Actually we have to win in France, which will be on the 31e of August so 99% chance we will be eliminated on the same night this transfer window closes.

Number of times VVD has officially said or written anything about all of this: zero times

Funny isn't it, it doesn't actually matter how many times people post these things many people just refuse to accept the facts. Personally i think it's more likely than not VVD is going. That said it's how he goes and who he goes to that's the question, in particular how the club react to Liverpool because they don't want to sell to Liverpool and as things stand don't feel they have to sell to Liverpool.

Well Redknapp Jr says he's off, so I guess he is. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/628852/Southampton-Virgil-van-Dijk-Liverpool-Jurgen-Klopp-Jamie-Redknapp Of course, no mention of the financial side of things, as obviously that is unimportant and LFC will pay what they want.

The day after Daddy is knocked back over the Gallagher loan.... Young Jamie decides to stir it up for the Saints....COINCIDENCE ????:rolleyes:

While Fonte was fading he was still much better than Yoshida and Stephens . If Reed hadn't ballsed up the Fonte transfer Stephens wouldn't even have been getting game time .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Well not so sure that is actually true....

Fonte was clearly declining rapidly - ask West Ham fans what they think about him!!!

Its quite sad how a great club with such a proud history has basically descended into the gutter.

Ban them from ALL transfer activity for 6 months or a year. It will send out a message to others.

i bet if it was us or a WBA they bloody would.

I really don't see what Redknapp has said that's so wrong. I agree absolutely word for word. Some of our fans are too precious.

"I'm not sure the Virgil van Dijk story is finished. I still think there's a little bit left to go with that one."

"Liverpool have obviously pulled back at the moment but I still see Van Dijk moving. He wants to play for Jurgen Klopp and I wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool signing him."

"That could be one of the signings of the summer because he would make such a difference. He's colossal."

"He's fantastic defensively, good great forward, he scores goals and I think he's exactly what Liverpool need."

"If they can find a way of getting him in a red shirt next season that would be a great signing for them."

Nail, head. And don't give me all that pony about "he's not said anything". If he didn't want to go, he'd have come out and said that. The fact that nobody else appears interested suggests to me they know they can't get him (and not because we won't sell). Like it or not, he wants to play for Liverpool next season and not us.

Has anyone said that Redknapp wrote anything wrong? No, not in the slightest. And this "some of our fans are too precious" is something that really should be left in the playground. So before you cast aspersions, wouldn't it be best to make sure that people have actually done what you accuse them of?

If he didn't want to go, he'd have come out and said that. The fact that nobody else appears interested suggests to me they know they can't get him (and not because we won't sell). Like it or not, he wants to play for Liverpool next season and not us.

Exactly. Both the club and VVD have had lots of opportunity to deny he wants to leave, but all we have is statements through the media that they don't want to sell (especially to Liverpool) and VVD's passive-aggressive behaviour on Twitter.

He wants to go to a bigger club, potentially with Champions League football this season, who will pay him an irrationally high wage to go there. His desire to leave does not make me happy, but it is understandable. I'd probably try to do something similar if I was in his position.

I have to say, though that his and his agent's reported attempts to forgo any option other than Liverpool, really gets on my tits. It leaves Saints in an awfully difficult position. It was probably designed to do just that. I hope that Les, Ralph et al stand their ground. His value won't change significantly given the length of the contract that he signed so recently. VVD will probably get over it at some point in September, and keep his head down - until the next transfer window opens.

The article states:

Father and son completed the document on September 2 last year, three days before the latter began the new school year at his private school, the fees for which Liverpool had agreed to pay until he was 16.

The club directed the pair not to date their signatures, an instruction the father ignored to ensure the moment was accurately recorded.

The next time the family saw the document - after it had been submitted to the Premier League - all the signatures on it were dated September 21, including the father’s, beneath which a ‘1’ had been inserted after his initial ‘2’.

That seems more than a little naughty to me. What a lovely football club.

Has anyone said that Redknapp wrote anything wrong? No, not in the slightest. And this "some of our fans are too precious" is something that really should be left in the playground. So before you cast aspersions, wouldn't it be best to make sure that people have actually done what you accuse them of?

This thread is full of people being too precious.