January 18 transfer window

SKD

Why wouldn’t it be announced today? I’m confused. If it’s agreed and sorted then why not announced until later this week?

I have it on good authority that the player has indeed agreed to and signed a deal with us. Will be unveiled some time within this transfer window.

He was last spotted playing football on numerous occasions in 2017.

Do not attempt to clarify my information if not I will then proceed to understand why ITK posters like me don’t post snippets on here anymore.

Okay so who is he then? Since it was so public then surely you must know.

Or maybe it's someone who is not high profile that wouldn't be instantly recognisable and could be kept under the radar. Frankly, if it was Walcott then I'm sure it woiuld have been all over the press.

Jeez you are touchy. I don’t know who is being talked about if I did, I’d either post it or keep it to myself but not post,that I know something along the lines of -I know something but I’m not telling.

As well as being touchy you are obviously a bit thick.I said hundreds of people would know ,not everyone in the world. Iif hundreds know, from security to catering to some members of the public it is highly unlikely to blow the source.If however upsetting the source is the reason for not indentifying the player in the first place then why put anything on a supporters forum?

It wasn't vague at all.

Was at Huddersfield game.

Will be announced this week.

Apart from the name, he's been pretty open. I know the name is the most important aspect of the whole thing, but clearly people may need to protect their sources.

If the deals been agreed for a while why would we not announce it today rather than at some point this week - especially when announcing today could see him available for tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming why a few people I know don't post on here, FACT the player and his wife were back down here last week viewing houses and speaking about schools for his 2 kids.

When he is officially a Saints player don't worry I won't be back with I told you so post

Info I have on Mr Goa and our Manger I'll keep to myself to save you the trouble of posting another witty reply

An ITK who doesn't even know our owners name...?

Good god - some on here need to get a life! This is a forum, where people express their thoughts and opinions and such like. If you want to add a civil comment then do so, if not just ignore it - like 99% of the cr ap on here.

Mind you it does seem like it's a forum for a select few "handbags at dawn" *****ing divas more often than not these days. Can understand why more don't post here.

Being skeptical isn’t being abusive.

K Billy, Guan, LeG never get people questioning things. Why? Because they are reliable.

If someone posts something then how can we know it can be trusted? Hobbit didn’t say it wasn’t true, simply that it was quite vague and open ended.

Being trusted is earned. Until then, it’s perfectly acceptable to be skeptical of unconfirmed information on the internet. If you want to blindly believe it then that’s your choice.

Then why not simply do as most do and say to yourself "I'm skeptical, as are we all until we know someone does have some valid information, but let's wait and see."? Then leave it at that. As someone else said there is a bit of detail to make it verifiable and surely the likes of Walcott would have been noticed and recognised if he was at the game so it probably isn't him.

Then why not simply do as most do and say to yourself "I'm skeptical, as are we all until we know someone does have some valid information, but let's wait and see."? Then leave it at that. As someone else said there is a bit of detail to make it verifiable and surely the likes of Walcott would have been noticed and recognised if he was at the game so it probably isn't him.

Erm, that is more or less what I said

Erm, that is more or less what I said

You emphasised the 'make a comment' point though as in you thought a comment should have been made (as I read it, anyway). From my and others' perspectives we'd just say 'ok' shrug our shoulders and wait and see as really that's all we do these days anyway. Me? I'm just trying to get up to 700 posts.

You emphasised the 'make a comment' point though as in you thought a comment should have been made (as I read it, anyway). From my and others' perspectives we'd just say 'ok' shrug our shoulders and wait and see as really that's all we do these days anyway. Me? I'm just trying to get up to 700 posts.

In all honesty, I think what the poster put will be proven as true. But when someone pointed out, reasonably in my opinion, that what he said was open ended, bizarrely he threw a hissy fit. It was the overwhelming sense of entitlement that annoyed people.

All I've heard is that terms with Theo had been agreed "in principal" but it hinges on the fee that Arsenal want and what other clubs come in I guess.

that would be good news if correct, because I'd have thought wages were the bigger problem, rather than the transfer fee. He's on over 100k a week at Arsenal I believe .

that would be good news if correct, because I'd have thought wages were the bigger problem, rather than the transfer fee. He's on over 100k a week at Arsenal I believe .

Would have thought any suggestion that Arsenal want £30m is the bigger, probably insurmountable, problem for the deal. If that is true then we should quickly move on.

Thanks for confirming why a few people I know don't post on here, FACT the player and his wife were back down here last week viewing houses and speaking about schools for his 2 kids.

When he is officially a Saints player don't worry I won't be back with I told you so post

Info I have on Mr Goa and our Manger I'll keep to myself to save you the trouble of posting another witty reply

Now come on don't leave it dangling there, spill the beans;you know you want to really.

Have been told things too. Wouldn’t bother posting anymore as you’ll just get abuse. Sad state of affairs really.

Have been told things too. Wouldn’t bother posting anymore as you’ll just get abuse. Sad state of affairs really.

PM mate would be good to hear from you. I for one appreciate your regular posting on here. The abuse thats given out on here is a disgrace.

Send a PM to one of the mods with your info. They will then be able to validate your info in due course when it comes true, which will then prevent any future 'abuse'. That's the best way of separating the genuine ITKs from those that make stuff up IMO.

Oh dear, another so-called ‘ITK’ who has a dreadful sense of entitlement on this forum.

Until what you’ve posted can be proven true (or false), it’s pretty reasonable for people to be skeptical.

Literally he's gone from "here's a snippet" to the classic ITK "I don't know why I bother" temper tantrum within TWO pi ssy little posts.

If he never posts again he won't be missed if his entire contribution thus far is " we've signed a player who will be announced one day soon but I won't name him". Effing genius.

There are some good ITK on here - nice to see a line from VFTT on here today - and the secret is to just not be a bellend about it. There's been a couple of wannabes recently who have comprehensively failed this test.

There is hardly abuse being handed out, just scepticism... which is to be expected when vague or information lacking in crucial details from a new source is presented.

Time will tell if the info posted is real or not, but until a reputation is built then expect to get questioned.

If you are going to get the hump if people don't swallow what you say without question, then don't post.

If you are legit, then time will tell.

Send a PM to one of the mods with your info. They will then be able to validate your info in due course when it comes true, which will then prevent any future 'abuse'. That's the best way of separating the genuine ITKs from those that make stuff up IMO.

Yup, that would clear everything up once and for all.

For clarity, nobody has said that what choccybox said was 100% false.

As for SFC TID, he got caught out and is still whinging about it. You’d think he’d just stay quiet out of embarrassment but apparently not.

Literally he's gone from "here's a snippet" to the classic ITK "I don't know why I bother" temper tantrum within TWO pi ssy little posts.

If he never posts again he won't be missed if his entire contribution thus far is " we've signed a player who will be announced one day soon but I won't name him". Effing genius.

There are some good ITK on here - nice to see a line from VFTT on here today - and the secret is to just not be a bellend about it. There's been a couple of wannabes recently who have comprehensively failed this test.

Its attitudes like this that drove posters like AR-10 to the mongboard wilderness. Scientia potestas est.

As for SFC TID, he got caught out and is still whinging about it. You’d think he’d just stay quiet out of embarrassment but apparently not.

This is it - there is no abuse.

Just a couple of people posting up a couple of rumours on a message board thinking that means that everyone should treat them like flipping Moses coming down from Mount Sinai.

Post up info, or don't. Do what you like. Just don't expect instant hero worship because you're not going to get it.

Can registered users send PMs? I thought you had to pay a fiver for that privilege.

nb as is always the case I am completely innocent as to the ways of technology and social media.

Can registered users send PMs? I thought you had to pay a fiver for that privilege.

nb as is always the case I am completely innocent as to the ways of technology and social media.

There was a situation in the summer where one of the 'ITK's was called out - Tom something iirc. I think one of the mods gave him his email address and asked for them to send it to there and he'd keep the info under wraps. The mod never recieved it and Tom drifted off into Jack Schitt wilderness.

Caught out? What are you on about? I have never claimed to be ITK, yet you make out I have. I get snippets from a couple of people who work within the club and from a friend who knows a player. I passed on what I got told.

I have desire to get embroiled in petty arguments, we are all saints fans and it’s all good fun to hear what other people have heard. Tom28 doesn’t post anymore because of the ****e he got and he’s got the best source. It’s the same for others. If someone post something and you chose not to believe it, why give such negative comments?! Read it and move on.

Anyway, I’m done with the likes of you and Fry. Happy to PM those that asked.

Caught out? What are you on about? I have never claimed to be ITK, yet you make out I have. I get snippets from a couple of people who work within the club and from a friend who knows a player. I passed on what I got told.

I have desire to get embroiled in petty arguments, we are all saints fans and it’s all good fun to hear what other people have heard. Tom28 doesn’t post anymore because of the ****e he got and he’s got the best source. It’s the same for others. If someone post something and you chose not to believe it, why give such negative comments?! Read it and move on.

Fry is a complete tool tbh, if he was on ignore for everyone then this forum would be a much better place. Sadly the mods do nothing about him.

Why can’t people post what info the have or say they have and (shock, horror) people can choose to believe it or not. Some people don’t mind reading gossip/rumours even if it’s not true. Newspapers do this all the time but people still read the crap they print in the sports pages.

Don’t be frightened off by argumentative people. Just ignore them. Lots of people read these forums and don’t post anything. They appreciate info - however unreliable or reliable it may be.

Very sad indeed I'd also like to apologise on here for mis spelling Mr Gao's surname.and if he is home tomorrow I'll catch him in the lift and apologise to him as well,we are neighbours in Ocean Village (when we both in Southampton).

Why can’t people post what info the have or say they have and (shock, horror) people can choose to believe it or not. Some people don’t mind reading gossip/rumours even if it’s not true. Newspapers do this all the time but people still read the crap they print in the sports pages.

Don’t be frightened off by argumentative people. Just ignore them. Lots of people read these forums and don’t post anything. They appreciate info - however unreliable or reliable it may be.

But I think I speak for most when I say that i hate all the 'nudge nudge, wink wink, i know something....but i can't reveal it, i'll drop a hint that reveals nothing anyway'' kind of posts. They offer very little.

Why not just post it then when it happens and you're proven right it'll shut everyone up?

Fry is a complete tool tbh, if he was on ignore for everyone then this forum would be a much better place. Sadly the mods do nothing about him.

To be honest in this instance I agree with CB, it serves no purpose to have info from a so called ITK if there is no meat on the bones. They are basically saying "We are or have signed someone, can't tell you his name, position, start date, fee, in fact can't tell you anything, just thought I would let you know".

Complete waste of time, just keep quiet if you cannot divulge.

Tom was given the opportunity to prove he was an ITK by the mods. I’ll leave it for everyone else to decide why he didn’t take up that offer.

I’m sure you would be afforded the same opportunity. If you want to prove myself and CB Fry wrong then I would welcome it.

This. VFTT posted one line, but it had unambiguous information which is of interest to all. No sources were revealed and nobody is going to call him to account if he's off the mark.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Edited by Micky

It is surely difficult to decide how much info to pass on to a public forum especially when a deal has not been finalized , if it falls through or could expose your source or, in the worse case , could scupper said deal then it pays to be circumspect !

Part of the reason for posting is to get a reply , hopefully positive , rather than be ignored , Guan2.0 stuck the right note often saying if he could not say any more at the time.

So post if you want to , ignore any provocative posts and don't forget that there are far worse boards attached to football clubs than this one !