Burnley (a) build up

LaptopSaint

This is far more important than todays cup win. 3 points is an absolute requirement or we really are going down.

Oh Christ if we somehow get to 37pts we’re not going to have to explain probabilities to you again like that first MoPo season are we.

Mind you, I’d take that ahead of relegation.

Burnley were utter cr@p when we played them at SMS and that was during their good run.

The haven’t won in something like 11 league games so we must attack them from the get go and play with high intensity - all things we know this manager will not do.

Redmond should start on the right instead of JWP and put Tadic on the left. I’d move Lemina forward and sit Hojberg with Romeu who will need to help with the CBs their aerial duels with Vokes and Barnes.

Tough Tough game to be a game where we need a result, we simply have to start grinding out wins, we are running out of games!

Do we trust MP to start our strongest team & best formation?

What will our tactics be against a side as well organised as Burnley?

The worry I have is that they play right into our weaknesses. Long balls, physical centre forwards.

They are a fine example of a side who understand their technical weaknesses and play to their strength - which is Barnes, Vokes etc. I have no doubts that we will out pass them and have a higher % of possession, but we will need to move it quickly as they are a physical outfit who will not give us time to think. They press hard, play hard, bombard the box.

We need 6 points from the next 2 for me. Anything less and we’re ****ed.

The worry I have is that they play right into our weaknesses. Long balls, physical centre forwards.

They are a fine example of a side who understand their technical weaknesses and play to their strength - which is Barnes, Vokes etc. I have no doubts that we will out pass them and have a higher % of possession, but we will need to move it quickly as they are a physical outfit who will not give us time to think. They press hard, play hard, bombard the box.

We need 6 points from the next 2 for me. Anything less and we’re ****ed.

Honestly, do some of you lot think for even a second before you post some of this nonsense? Let's say we draw at Burnley and beat Stoke - we'll be out of the bottom 3 (possibly by several places and a couple of points with a vastly superior GD to boot), we'll have lost once (to Liverpool) in ten games and have three hugely winnable games up next - and yet according to you we'd be "****ed". Remarkable.

I'd go for:

McCarthy

Cedric Yoshida Hodet Bertrand

Lemina PEH

Redmond Boufal Tadic (or a combination of these 3.. all can play across the line)

Carrillo

Tough on JWP who has been brilliant past few weeks, but Burnley aren't in great form, have a few injuries and this is a game in which if we set out to win the match (play positively, take the game to them), we should win.

Yoshida over Stephens as he has shown time and time again he is poor in the air and sh!te at marking. Yoshida not much better, but is better than Stephens.

However, I think he'll go:

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Hodet Bertrand

Lemina Romeu

JWP PEH or Davis Tadic

Carrillo

1-1

Honestly, do some of you lot think for even a second before you post some of this nonsense? Let's say we draw at Burnley and beat Stoke - we'll be out of the bottom 3 (possibly by several places and a couple of points with a vastly superior GD to boot), we'll have lost once (to Liverpool) in ten games and have three hugely winnable games up next - and yet according to you we'd be "****ed". Remarkable.

What's nonsense about it? We need to start winning, we can't keep picking up points or valliant defeats in the hope we still have games coming up. We need to get as many points on the board as soon as possible, I personally think the next two are the biggest chance we have for 6 points in this batch of fixtures we have. We need them on the board now, not in the future. If we're playing catchup at the back end of the season we'll be in trouble, and that's what we'll be doing if we don't start getting some wins together now.

I'll make it simple for you - would you like to reconsider what you wrote or do you still think we are ****ed if we draw at Burnley and beat Stoke?

We'll be ****ed if we don't win games, simple. I happen to think that the two we have now, Burnley and Stoke, represent the best chance we have in this batch. I don't have huge confidence with the Swansea, Newcastle or WHU games in terms of getting 3 pts. That's why I honestly think we need to get 6 on the board in the next two, will make things a lot more comfortable.

I'd play this myself, no idea what goes on in training but here goes:

McCarthy

Cedric Hoedt Stephens Bertrand

Lemina Romeu

JWP Tadic Sims

Carrillo

Bench: FF, Mcqueen, Maya, Long, Gabbiadini, PEH and Boufal

Think they are only team on worse form than us, could be wrong but they haven't won in like 10 games I don't think.

I think this is one we do really need to win and capitalise on, I feel like every 2 games we need to be picking up 3/4 points mininum now.

Edited by nta786

1-0 defeat I think, we are just the sort of team Burnley enjoy to play against, no pace to hurt them and they are very strong in the air, no doubt it will be a cold windy afternoon at Turf Moor, it always is. Our best bet is to get at them and don’t make it easy for them to get crosses in.

Good time to play them. They've not won in 10 and seem to perform better against top 6 teams. A few on the physio table too. They had us sussed at SMS so hopefully this will be a bit different if MP has learned anything at all. Cautiously optimistic for a narrow win with AM performing heroics in the last 5 minutes.

Why? we would still have no solid CBs, pace in the side, or attacking players clinical enough to take the chances we created. That would still be the case even if we were being managed by Pep.
are you saying we would be no better off with a better manager?

interesting