Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

100% this. If we end up with players who have the potential to be too good for us, coming willingly knowing they have to perform well to get the move they really want, but also knowing that move won't be blocked (so they remain committed, positive and not a disruptive force) we will be a lot better off for it.

All players will think they can go on to better things - we probably don't want the ones who just want to settle somewhere comfortable - so as long as we maintain a continual pipeline of them, buy well, sell better, it's a sound model for a club our size.

Exacly, we have signed some players that don't fit in this bracket recently, and nearly got relegated two season running

As somebody who was at West Brom and at Wembley I have probably seen the best and the worst of him. Over the course of the games that I have seen him in, he is probably a median of those two games to be honest. Quite surprised that United are taking an interest to be honest, but if they can get him playing at the top end of his game consistently anything around the 20 million mark would be good business for them.

Shame that he wants to move on, I was a fan, but I wish him no ill will, and it seems to be mutually agreed within the club as well.

News of "verbal commitments" is always concerning. Whilst he's not worked out brilliantly, at the outset I did wonder how we got him here from Juventus and a Champions League final (substitutes) appearance. Maybe the verbal agreement was to get him here for a couple of years so he could attract bigger PL clubs and with that came a sense we wouldn't place an unrealistically high price tag on his head, which we are now honouring? Pure conjecture from me, and rather daft if so, but I bet it happens in some deals...

News of "verbal commitments" is always concerning. Whilst he's not worked out brilliantly' date=' at the outset I did wonder how we got him here from Juventus and a Champions League final (substitutes) appearance. Maybe the verbal agreement was to get him here for a couple of years so he could attract bigger PL clubs and with that came a sense we wouldn't place an unrealistically high price tag on his head, which we are now honouring? Pure conjecture from me, and rather daft if so, but I bet it happens in some deals...[/quote']

It was how Reid ran us.

Uncle Les' touch of death all over this. Signing players on a promise that they'll be sold once they've served a fraction of their sentence is no way to build a committed squad.

Yes, we all know Saints aren't most players' ideal final destination, and if they've got any ambition (and ability) they'll just be passing through. But if they don't even have to earn that upgrade through the strength of their performances because we've agreed to help them out the door after a set period regardless, what incentive is there for anyone to give two hoots about fighting for the club when the chips are down (as they most certainly have been for two years)?

That's partly why we've struggled so badly. When the going got tough, half our squad got on the phone to their agents and tried to get going.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Well said that man................theres no club loyalty for smaller clubs like ourselves nowadays, too much money for the decent thing to happen and stay and just enjoy the surroundings of such family orientated clubs and become a legend .

As somebody who was at West Brom and at Wembley I have probably seen the best and the worst of him. Over the course of the games that I have seen him in, he is probably a median of those two games to be honest. Quite surprised that United are taking an interest to be honest, but if they can get him playing at the top end of his game consistently anything around the 20 million mark would be good business for them.

Shame that he wants to move on, I was a fan, but I wish him no ill will, and it seems to be mutually agreed within the club as well.

I thought it strange that on the biggest stage - Wembley - he was totally anonymous.

Never been a fan of his myself. Yes he had a handful of good games but application has always been in question. 46 games in two season the most he as ever made at any one club. Juve pulled our pants down getting as much as they did. If we can get away with anything near or slightly short what we paid then I wouldn't be upset atall. I dont know he may go on to be fantastic and win titles medals galore but I don't think so.

Never been a fan of his myself. Yes he had a handful of good games but application has always been in question. 46 games in two season the most he as ever made at any one club. Juve pulled our pants down getting as much as they did. If we can get away with anything near or slightly short what we paid then I wouldn't be upset atall. I dont know he may go on to be fantastic and win titles medals galore but I don't think so.

Any idea if the money would spread to both a replacement AND a centre-back?

'The desire to leave the Saints is one which he’s had since joining.' Nice

Great research into the mentality of our players signing!

He seems a mood playerand if Utd get him they will have another moody player who plays ok when it suits.

Was just wondering where you'd both been this Summer! Got any ideas about intentions to reinvest and where abouts?

He was never one of my first choice players. As far as I am concerned he was another Boufal. He had bags of skill but no idea how to consistently apply it. He was also lazy, and disappeared from games for periods. He used to drive me mad dribbling down blind alleys and losing the ball after ignoring players making runs or finding space. Not for me I'm afraid, just get our money back and bring in a Hasenhuttl type replacement that gives everything. The money will be useful.

Sorry if it's been mentioned but he's posted a highlights reel of himself on twitter. Tbf he nearly looks as good as Steve De Ridder did, sadly just the two goals to show for it. Still at least he's putting some effort in to sell himself.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I feel used by this **** ..............two year wages to fix his long term injury......few decent performances ......you watch him being world class when he leaves.

we should accept nothing less than what we paid for plus 20 pc plus two years wages that he robbed

The problem with most players these days is.....their agents.

Agents make most cash when their players move clubs/sign contract extensions. Hence the odious Mino Raiola with Pogba, and I’m sure Lemina’s agent too is adding fuel to the move fire.

Agents are the parasites making massive livings off of football. Scum. The lot of them

Utd to bid for Longstaff?

Sky sources understand there were high-level talks last weekend between Manchester United and Newcastle United about Sean Longstaff.

Newcastle will not confirm that there were talks but we understand Newcastle are categorically not interested in selling Longstaff and see him as a big part of their future plans.

We are told United have not made an official bid yet.

I fully expect his stomach injury to get miraculously better from now on in

In fairness he did have an operation on it, so I suspect it was real.

I don't mind him moving on after 2 years if that was the agreement he had with the club (which it appears to be). But that was with the tacit understanding that he'd give 2 good years of service to Saints. But he didn't. He missed a large chunk due to the injury, while receiving wages and treatment by the club. So I don't think it's unreasonable to repay that and give one more (hopefully injury-fee) year for us before moving on (at presumably a much higher price if he performs well next season).

This and Derry’s post. Let MUFC subsidise his wages and he can pretend on Instagram whilst mugging them off. Don’t mind players moving onto to top clubs if they excel after two years but this guy has been a rank sicknote, two good starts v CP and WBA and a couple of cameos, a few cameos if I’m being really generous.

RH has a proper CM with some energy who can do 40+ games a season lined up I reckon so get our money back and another of loopy Les’s Laurel and Hardy transfer dealings and contract extensions out of the club.

Not too bothered about him going, trust Ralph to identify a decent replacement, but should be looking for a minimum of £25m (plus a % add on).

The echo & even K,Billy have mentioned about getting our money back. Not sure we’d get £25m.

Whether we should or not is another matter, but we need the cash.

Not sure we want any Arsenal or Man Utd cast offs.

Talk of Elneny being offered, does he improve us?

Honestly unless it was one of their promising youngsters like Reiss Nelson (which seems unlikely) I think we are better off extracting as much cash as we can from these clubs.

I am hoping for far more than £18 million, that would be a joke to be honest.

If its Arsenal, the CB/DM Krystian Bielik had good reviews last season at Charlton and in the U21's this summer.

But agree £15 - £18m is underselling the player in Les Reed proportions.

The echo & even K,Billy have mentioned about getting our money back. Not sure we’d get £25m.

Whether we should or not is another matter, but we need the cash.

Doubt that the extra £10m would make Man U or Arsenal blink if they want the player and think he could do the business for them. Utd are likely to sell Pogba for in excess of £100m, it's almost loose change to them.

News of "verbal commitments" is always concerning. Whilst he's not worked out brilliantly' date=' at the outset I did wonder how we got him here from Juventus and a Champions League final (substitutes) appearance. Maybe the verbal agreement was to get him here for a couple of years so he could attract bigger PL clubs and with that came a sense we wouldn't place an unrealistically high price tag on his head, which we are now honouring? Pure conjecture from me, and rather daft if so, but I bet it happens in some deals...[/quote']

We have been a stepping stone club for years, and can only attract players who have aspirations for bigger and better clubs by agreeing not to stand in their way when a bigger club comes calling. I've no doubt that's happened here.

Just get him sold and move on not hard is it.... Frankly I couldn't care less sooner we get dosh and replace the better I'd rather have that Leeds Lad in... Bowen aswell if we shift Boufal.. Buy the best from Championship.

Well, I think it's a shame. I thought he was one of the genuine class players we had. Don't like his attitude and arrogance, but let's separate that from his footballing ability - and who can deny we've been completely ****e for the bulk of his two years under the clown and Hughes? He's hardly had the best of times. It does concern me that we can't motivate our better players to stay on for a 'new era' under Ralph. Explains the reluctance to play him. Why would anyone play a player who doesn't want to play for you? Watch him 'do a Tadic' wherever he goes...

Well, I think it's a shame. I thought he was one of the genuine class players we had. Don't like his attitude and arrogance, but let's separate that from his footballing ability - and who can deny we've been completely ****e for the bulk of his two years under the clown and Hughes? He's hardly had the best of times. It does concern me that we can't motivate our better players to stay on for a 'new era' under Ralph. Explains the reluctance to play him. Why would anyone play a player who doesn't want to play for you? Watch him 'do a Tadic' wherever he goes...

Why does it concern you? Ralph wants to forge a team that is disciplined and plays the way he wants them to and so must have the right attitude.

Lemina clearly isn’t that player.

Just like Callum Chambers? His career has really progressed since Arsenal bought him.

Deluded: believing something that is not true.

Ex Marseille and Juventus player thinks he can play for a team better than Saints, with United and Arsenal interested.

Clearly United and Arsenal agree with his assessment, so not really sure how he can be classed as deluded.

Wow has any other player been so desperate for a move that they posted their own self promotion video on twitter? "I know what I can reach & will fight for it" ...... Embarrassing

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Wow has any other player been so desperate for a move that they posted their own self promotion video on twitter? "I know what I can reach & will fight for it" ...... Embarrassing

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

He's been left behind from training camp, and is actively looking for a club, with Saints blessing. Why wouldn't he promote himself?

Our fans really are bitter numpties. You'd have thought they'd have learnt that the players we bought under Reid don't want to play for us.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

He's been left behind from training camp, and is actively looking for a club, with Saints blessing. Why wouldn't he promote himself?

Our fans really are bitter numpties. You'd have thought they'd have learnt that the players we bought under Reid don't want to play for us.

Would have thought performing consistently well on the pitch would be a better way of promoting yourself to be fair.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice