Saints vs Chelsea - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Sadly, true. But Danso was showing promise a few weeks ago.

I didn't even mention Carillo and Elyonnousi.

I'm not writing Danso off but if he can't get in the team then what's the point? Like what is the point of Adams if Shane Long is preferred in a home match?

****ing bizarre.

And, in general, what is the point of Ward Prowse and Hojbjerg?

On the plus side, given any kind of service ings looks dangerous.

Everything else negative.

Gunn atrocious

Surely given our defensive issues we should be going back to basics. The second awful ball by Gunn, then bednarek cushioned header to romeu(too cute by half) given where we are. Others times we’ve got away with trying to be too cute.

Annoyed me at end with 20 seconds of injury time left in the half we have a free kick and we muck about passing across our back line and are lucky to end up with a throw in

Chelsea aren’t even having to do anything special to earn it.

It’s been dreadful again. The team are trying to play like a PL side from the Poch and Koeman era but have to stick to the basics as they are mid table Championship at best. We don’t have a midfield so develop Adams so he can hold it up and bring Ings and Redmond.

Not nice to watch but Burnley squad and Burnley budget means Burnley football until the main vestiges of that stupid old buffoon’s transfer dealings, and that of assistant who thankfully looks Rangers bound, are gone.

Anyone be really that bothered if we went down?

The club have almost been preparing for it.

Just need to shift a few more permanently and we will be set for the championship

With Gao it would be a disaster and probably administration.

Anyone be really that bothered if we went down?

The club have almost been preparing for it.

Just need to shift a few more permanently and we will be set for the championship

We'll probably just have to loan out our entire squad on half wages then get another team in on the cheap- I doubt anyone would pay anything for any of the w*nkers we have in the team.

We’re a top half team, top half of Championship where you get plenty time to close down or decide on a pass or shot. Our lot are just way too slow mentally you don’t have time to think at this level.

Redmond’s internal monologue must be, “hmm, bottom corner is open, might shoot, oh nice run Ingsy could pass it to him, **** why that guy in front of me now, I’m trying to think here!”.

Can't see us beating Watford let alone anyone else, whare are the points going to come from?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

We never beat them anyway, we usually give them a last second equalizer or the ref lets them punch the ball in or whatever.

What's happened to the Nathan Redmond who won POTS a few months ago? He's regressed badly this season.

In fact, all the players who improved after Ralph came in seem to have gone backwards this season. Particularly JWP.

He was never anything more than a so-so PL player on a good run of form. It's only because everyone else was so awful that he looked decent. He was a good signing for ten million or whatever but when he becomes your best player, you're screwed.

This just isn’t fun.

I’m finding football in general much harder to watch. Saints have been so poor in recent years it’s jus so demoralizing.

The Man U vs Arsenal game on Monday was atrocious. Then at half time they showed clips of Keane, Viera, Scholes, Cantona, Bergkamp, Henry. The football was so much better.

This just isn’t fun.

I’m finding football in general much harder to watch. Saints have been so poor in recent years it’s jus so demoralizing.

The Man U vs Arsenal game on Monday was atrocious. Then at half time they showed clips of Keane, Viera, Scholes, Cantona, Bergkamp, Henry. The football was so much better.

Agreed. I enjoy watching Man City and Barcelona (for Messi) but a lot of it is quite tedious. The Championship is a more entertaining watch than the Premier League, in general.

I couldn't give a **** if we get relegated under Gao. Pointless owner and pointless club at the moment.