Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 274

Thread: Posters: where are they now

  1. #1

    Default Posters: where are they now

    Thinking back to some of the regular posters on here from recent/older times and wondering whatever happened to them. For starters:

    Alpine_saint: the poster everyone loved to hate but contributed greatly. You could set your watch by when the complaints would start we were nailed on to do well!

    Saint Charlie

    View from the Top: no nonsense and always entertaining

    Dubai Phil - miss the stories of his golfing exploits

    Art - mad as a box of frogs but very entertaining

    Saint 76er

    Sure there's many, many more...........

  2. #2

    Default

    Most of the best posters no longer post and you can see why.

    I would add Eric in Sweden to the list.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Most of the best posters no longer post and you can see why.

    I would add Eric in Sweden to the list.
    Doh, I meant David in Sweden.

    Gets so confusing with all the Dave's, Duncan's and Ron's of this world!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    7,122

    Default

    Um Pahars showed his face the other day - that was a blast from the past, although I think he resides on the other channel if my brain hasn’t deserted me.

    Alpine is still here - just one of his alter egos from North of the border is probably spending too much time trawling the betting sites or polishing his golf clubs to dust him off - probably get another PM off him for posting this now........... C’est la vie

  5. #5

    Default

    Didn’t I read that Dubai Phil is now living in Poland with his Polish wife?

    I suppose he should be called Polish Phil now.

  6. #6

    Default

    I think Alpine might have died. He’s definitely not Glasgow, a few posters met him when Saints toured Austria many years ago.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    Didn’t I read that Dubai Phil is now living in Poland with his Polish wife?

    I suppose he should be called Polish Phil now.
    Blimey - bit of a comedown from Dubai if true!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    7,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by washsaint View Post
    Blimey - bit of a comedown from Dubai if true!
    Trust me his Polish Wife would be worth moving to Poland for............When she told him they were going home.

  9. #9

    Default

    Dalek has been exterminated apparently, so no more reminders that for the last 15 seasons he'd predicted us finishing 17th and the club would be happy with that.
    Bearsy was always good for a laugh. Long lost in the woods it seems.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Dalek has been exterminated apparently, so no more reminders that for the last 15 seasons he'd predicted us finishing 17th and the club would be happy with that.
    Bearsy was always good for a laugh. Long lost in the woods it seems.
    Dalek for years would wrongly predict a 17 place finish at the beginning of the season, and when we came in 17th in 2017/2018 he took a victory lap.

    some quote about a blind squirrel...

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    That Alain Perrin bloke was insightful. I miss him.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Ascoli. Roger beeks. Saintlee. Redandwhitepanda. Montys turban. Maverick. Javi. Saf. Saint David. Helpmerhonda. Lifelong Saint.

    Good posters one and all.

    Will add more as I remember them.
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 22-01-2020 at 09:49 AM.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    Didnít I read that Dubai Phil is now living in Poland with his Polish wife?

    I suppose he should be called Polish Phil now.
    Correct.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mongolia
    Posts
    7,537
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Pretty sure Saint Charlie now posts under Gordon Mockles.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,870
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Doh, I meant David in Sweden.

    Gets so confusing with all the Dave's, Duncan's and Ron's of this world!
    David was posting again the other day. Good to see him back.

  16. #16

    Default

    Ah Phil will be delighted he has been mentioned. He wont have as many golfstories to tell now. He is doing insightful tours around Poland especially Austwitz. As always he's having a ball
    I do hope Alpine is Ok and not passed away as an earlier post said

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    Ah Phil will be delighted he has been mentioned. He wont have as many golfstories to tell now. He is doing insightful tours around Poland especially Austwitz. As always he's having a ball
    I do hope Alpine is Ok and not passed away as an earlier post said
    He posted in november so it's unlikely.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Dubai
    Posts
    10,522
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Most of the best posters no longer post and you can see why.

    I would add Eric in Sweden to the list.
    No relation to me!!

    As per the previously mentioned Dubai_Phil, who is now no longer in Dubai, ericofarabia has flown the Dubai Nest as well.
    l should now change my name to ericofleigh, but arabia sounds so much better and interesting

    We both have many happy memories of Dubai, but are now both very happy in our present surroundings, and @dubaisaints still Marches On!

  19. Default

    Good guys list

    Ekon
    Justmike
    Dibden Purlieu Saint
    Dell days
    Original Bournemouth Saints
    Willfoxgolf
    Alpine
    Cabbage_face
    Glasgowsaint


    Then you have the defectors

    --------------

    Pap
    Bearsy
    Tokyo Saint
    Barry Sanchez
    Goatboy

  20. #20

    Default

    didnt Roger Beeks eventually get exposed as old bill?

  21. Default

    Brett from Camden

  22. Default

    Barry Sanchez - probably the weirdest, most argumentative poster I can remember. Blew in and then disappeared. Might have been a Glasgow alter ego.

  23. #23

    Default

    Nineteen Canteen!

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by miserableoldgit; 22-01-2020 at 08:27 PM.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Deppo cracked me up

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    8,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Saintlee
    I believe he passed away a while back, didn't he?

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    I believe he passed away a while back, didn't he?
    Blimey I didn't know that. He was the main mod on here for a while and a plumber. I didn't know much about him beyond that. That's sad.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Good guys list

    Ekon
    Justmike
    Dibden Purlieu Saint
    Dell days
    Original Bournemouth Saints
    Willfoxgolf
    Alpine
    Cabbage_face
    Glasgowsaint


    Then you have the defectors

    --------------

    Pap
    Bearsy
    Tokyo Saint
    Barry Sanchez
    Goatboy
    Willfoxgolf great shout.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    11,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Blimey I didn't know that. He was the main mod on here for a while and a plumber. I didn't know much about him beyond that. That's sad.
    Pancreatic cancer a couple of years ago, was in his late 40s I believe. Way too soon that.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Pancreatic cancer a couple of years ago, was in his late 40s I believe. Way too soon that.
    Oh that's terrible. Always seemed like a nice bloke.

  30. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Keith View Post
    didnt Roger Beeks eventually get exposed as old bill?
    Yes I think he did. Also gone awol Sweet Potato, Johnnyfartpants, Ponty, Durleyfos, Foghorn Leghorn, Special K, although he does make the occasional appearance I think. Hatch and Master Bates seem to have gone quiet lately as well.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickn View Post
    Yes I think he did. Also gone awol Sweet Potato, Johnnyfartpants, Ponty, Durleyfos, Foghorn Leghorn, Special K, although he does make the occasional appearance I think. Hatch and Master Bates seem to have gone quiet lately as well.
    Pretty sure that was a lie about Roger beeks. Master bates stopped posting a bit after the abuse thing. He used to do a weekly bewbs pm which was a delight.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    8,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Oh that's terrible. Always seemed like a nice bloke.
    Yeah he was. I had a lot of behind the scenes interaction with him during my brief stint as a mod. We had a shared interest in music production and he very kindly did some mastering work on one of my early projects.

    Had a genuine passion for Saints as well. Good bloke, gone too soon.

  33. #33

    Default

    BenTheLegend's contributions were always worthy and insightful

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stknowle View Post
    BenTheLegend's contributions were always worthy and insightful
    He dominated the forum.

  35. #35

    Default

    BenTheLegend and Bearsy are two of the all time greats

  36. Default

    Umpahars, what happened to him a really nice guy.

  37. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Good guys list

    Ekon
    Justmike
    Dibden Purlieu Saint
    Dell days
    Original Bournemouth Saints
    Willfoxgolf
    Alpine
    Cabbage_face
    Glasgowsaint


    Then you have the defectors

    --------------

    Pap
    Bearsy
    Tokyo Saint
    Barry Sanchez
    Goatboy
    Don’t worry I’m sure you’ll remember the passwords soon.

  38. #38

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladysaint View Post
    Umpahars, what happened to him a really nice guy.
    Last seem with a placard outside Goas office demanding he appoint a fan on the board.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,103

    Default

    Romsey Stu
    Sour Mash
    Badboy Saint
    DPS
    Dell Days

  40. #40

    Default

    wild-saint

  41. #41

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Romsey Stu
    Sour Mash
    Badboy Saint
    DPS
    Dell Days
    Badboysaint what a cute kid lol.

    Used to sit near me when I were a teenager. Had him on Facebook/MSN for a while, he used to put up some incredibly disturbing things about his ideologies and beliefs about people that aren't straight white males.

    Very mixed up kid, hopefully he's grown out of it now since this was a good 15 years ago now.

  42. #42

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,842

    Default

    DellDays is Batman!

    Many old posters have ended up on Sotonians.

  43. #43

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,473

    Default

    Some right old names from the past there, (and probably a few 'dual accounts' dare I venture...!). Few others that used to be on the radar:

    Tijuana Tim
    Eastleigh Soul Boy

    .... and whatever happened to:

    tommac
    Mark or was it Marc Jackson....!!!

  44. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    Trust me his Polish Wife would be worth moving to Poland for............When she told him they were going home.
    In these days of Political Correctness can we still request implementation of Rule 1 ?

  45. #45

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    Badboysaint what a cute kid lol.

    Used to sit near me when I were a teenager. Had him on Facebook/MSN for a while, he used to put up some incredibly disturbing things about his ideologies and beliefs about people that aren't straight white males.

    Very mixed up kid, hopefully he's grown out of it now since this was a good 15 years ago now.
    I've got a pic of badboysaint somewhere with his shirt off on a coach. He must be in jail by now.

  46. Default

    I got to know 'Saintlee' quite well behind the scenes, met on a few occasions and had some good interactions on Facebook, especially towards the end of his life. Very sad that he passed away

    I'm also friends with 'Saint David' who was Lee's best mate and was a huge support to him during his ill health.
    Last edited by trousers; 22-01-2020 at 01:56 PM.

  47. #47

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,729

    Default

    I assumed most just changed usernames. I do miss recognising names and vaguely knowing who people were or who you enjoyed talking to.

    No clue no really other than the couple of trolls on every thread.

  48. #48

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    DellDays is Batman!

    Many old posters have ended up on Sotonians.
    yeah there's really no mistaking that one

  49. #49

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    I assumed most just changed usernames. I do miss recognising names and vaguely knowing who people were or who you enjoyed talking to.

    No clue no really other than the couple of trolls on every thread.
    They used to have the user gallery on saints forever which was good. Think tijuana Tim and possibly dell days was on there.

  50. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wurzel View Post
    In these days of Political Correctness can we still request implementation of Rule 1 ?
    Just as long as it also applies to all genders types including trans!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •