Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 190

Thread: Things to do or watch when self-isolating

  1. #51

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    20,160
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Really disappointed in Amazon’s Nazi hunting thing, it can’t seem to work out wether it’s a cartoon or serious. Missed opportunity imo.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I liked it - a cross between the watchmen film and inglourious basterds.

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    20,160
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Don't F**k With Cats on Netflix is worth a watch...
    Yes very bingeworthy. Saw it over the Xmas holidays, conjured up images of mongboarders tracking new signings on Flightradar24. The protagonist was truly chilling, especially how he was first introduced (his doctored profile popping up all over the web). Still it left plenty of threads hanging - did the group actually contribute to his capture -I got the sense it’s role was overegged by the filmmakers and was the woman followed to her workplace or was it a red herring? Thought the final episode was simultaneously manipulative and a bit of an anticlimax. But that might just reflect on how gripping the first two episodes were.
    Last edited by shurlock; 18-03-2020 at 11:14 PM.

  3. #53

    Default

    All the kids off using their playstations is going to put more pressure on broadband capacity. Uses far more data than Netflix. Then all the home worker using Teams etc.

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    I liked it - a cross between the watchmen film and inglourious basterds.
    Some terrible dialogue though. Not worthy of the great Al Pacino

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Isle of Wight and Tokyo
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    If Second World War History is your thing, there are some superb You Tube videos

    Mark Felton Productions
    Drachinifel (Naval warfare)
    World War Two week by week
    If the war on the Eastern Front is your thing, YouTube has some excellent dramas from Russia and Belarus with English subtitles. The Dawns Here Are Quiet, Night Swallows and Hunting The Gauleiter all from Star Media are a good starting point.

  6. #56

    Default

    Watch THIS COUNTRY

    3 seasons on BBC Iplayer. Superb

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Watch THIS COUNTRY

    3 seasons on BBC Iplayer. Superb
    Second that. Just finished it.

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Watch THIS COUNTRY

    3 seasons on BBC Iplayer. Superb
    It is brilliant

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth
    Posts
    3,988

    Default

    My local pub quiz is going to try to function online tonight. I'm predicting entertaining chaos...

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    13,016

    Default

    Loads of full episodes of Hornblower on You Tube, excellent historical Naval drama from Nelson's era. A shame that there doesn't seem to be the equivalent coverage of Sharpe episodes.

  11. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Loads of full episodes of Hornblower on You Tube, excellent historical Naval drama from Nelson's era. A shame that there doesn't seem to be the equivalent coverage of Sharpe episodes.
    [smug mode]
    Fortunately I bought the box set of Sharpe back in January, just after I bought the complete set of novels from Amazon

  12. #62

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    20,160
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    It is brilliant
    The last episode was a bit hit and miss (guess it’s the calm before the storm of the final episode) but the run of three episodes in the middle -the driving lesson, Len’s internet romance and Kurtan’s half-brother funeral- rivalled anything from the first two series.
    Last edited by shurlock; 20-03-2020 at 08:58 AM.

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    The last episode was a bit hit and miss (guess itís the calm before the storm of the final episode) but the run of three episodes in the middle -the driving lesson, Lenís internet romance and Kurtanís half-brother funeral- rivalled anything from the first two series.
    Agree - felt like an attempt to do a two-hander "bottle" episode but didn't work quite as well, they didn't quite commit to it especially as they needed to get the "reveal" in at the end. An episode based on the week they'd actually had - standing in for the vicar - would have been great.

    Very much enjoyed the three you mentioned though.

  14. #64

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    John 3:16
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    Might go through band of brothers and Pacific again. Both are excellent

  15. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Don't F**k With Cats on Netflix is worth a watch...
    Cats Do The Funniest Things on channel 5 ditto.

  16. #66

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,485

    Default

    For those that enjoyed binging Don't **** with Cats, try Netflix Tiger King next.

  17. #67

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rica
    Posts
    2,572

    Default

    I'm working more from home than I ever did at work - it's a sodding nightmare!

  18. #68

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colinjb View Post
    Settling in with my 13 month old and wife. It's going to be awful, we are already climbing the walls.
    you could go through your collection of saints shirts and reminisce about which year the boycott was from.

  19. #69

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post
    The man in the high castle.
    Half way through series one, excellent stuff.

  20. Default

    ďUnbelievableĒ is good on Netflix, watched it the past 3 days. Itís about a bird that gets raped & two dinosaur detectives donít believe her.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  21. #71

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,345
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    ďUnbelievableĒ is good on Netflix, watched it the past 3 days. Itís about a bird that gets raped & two dinosaur detectives donít believe her.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sounds like an interesting nature programme.

  22. #72

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South West France
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Duolingo is a great way to learn a language, and it is free ! Just take a 5 minute lesson every day.

    I am learning Spanish at the moment, ready for when the border gets open again, hopefully this year .

  23. #73

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redkeith View Post
    Duolingo is a great way to learn a language, and it is free ! Just take a 5 minute lesson every day.

    I am learning Spanish at the moment, ready for when the border gets open again, hopefully this year .
    Just had a look at that, it looks good. I've signed up. THanks!

  24. #74

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kings Worthy
    Posts
    20,276
    Blog Entries
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    you could go through your collection of saints shirts and reminisce about which year the boycott was from.
    Not difficult to spot.......

  25. #75

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South West France
    Posts
    705

    Default

    No problem, wife uses it every day for French. She was in the top ten in the world for points until the lockdowns started, now everyone is on it !

  26. #76

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sandwich, Kent
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redkeith View Post
    No problem, wife uses it every day for French. She was in the top ten in the world for points until the lockdowns started, now everyone is on it !
    Is it still free? The points look like some sort of in-app purchase thing?

  27. #77

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,645

    Default

    As an act of faith a group of us are getting together for a pint or two and chat, mainly football, via Zoom at 15:00 each Saturday. (Day and time may be varied for TV coverage)

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  28. #78

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    As an act of faith a group of us are getting together for a pint or two and chat, mainly football, via Zoom at 15:00 each Saturday. (Day and time may be varied for TV coverage)

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Tongue in cheek, I sent an invite to SFC to have a rep join us this week. First response was sorry, no.

    Then a change of heart. The CEO and MD of Saints (Martin Seemens and Toby Steele) are both joining us for an on-line forum.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  29. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Tongue in cheek, I sent an invite to SFC to have a rep join us this week. First response was sorry, no.

    Then a change of heart. The CEO and MD of Saints (Martin Seemens and Toby Steele) are both joining us for an on-line forum.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Publish the zoom link to your meeting, or meeting no and passcode, and we'll ALL join you.

  30. #80

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    A little island of red&white admidst a sea of blue
    Posts
    4,083

    Default

    My parents gave me their Grand Piano when they down sized last year.

    Nice bit of furniture but couldn't play it for sh*t.

    Just learned Still Dre, for any hip hop fans out there.

  31. #81

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    Publish the zoom link to your meeting, or meeting no and passcode, and we'll ALL join you.
    Sorry. We're keeping it to small numbers. But I'll pass on questions.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  32. #82

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Tongue in cheek, I sent an invite to SFC to have a rep join us this week. First response was sorry, no.

    Then a change of heart. The CEO and MD of Saints (Martin Seemens and Toby Steele) are both joining us for an on-line forum.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk


    Fair play. I would keep the tone to a few blokes having a pint, talking football...if possible

  33. #83

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post


    Fair play. I would keep the tone to a few blokes having a pint, talking football...if possible
    That's the plan.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  34. #84

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In the concourse, complaining about the concourse
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    I'm lucky enough to have a small garden. Have been doing a bit of maintenance to the path that runs down it, basically trimming and weeding, making sure the grass doesn't take it over.

    Very pleasurable in the garden at the moment...no aircraft noise, fewer cars. The noise of the birds seems to be taking over...very refreshing. Think I just identified the call of a green woodpecker.

  35. #85

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South West France
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandwichsaint View Post
    Is it still free? The points look like some sort of in-app purchase thing?
    I use it for free, but I think if you pay you don't get adverts, but I just access it via a browser, not an app.

  36. #86

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,834

    Default Things to do or watch when self-isolating

    Sat in the bath. Radio 4 was miserable so I switched to Spotify and am now listening to James Taylor. Very relaxing

    Also halfway through Himalayas with Michael Palin. Absolutely fantastic.

  37. #87

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    That's the plan.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    how did it go?

  38. #88

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sandwich, Kent
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redkeith View Post
    I use it for free, but I think if you pay you don't get adverts, but I just access it via a browser, not an app.
    Cheers mate.

  39. Default Things to do or watch when self-isolating

    Weíre having an extension conversion built - or more accurately we were.

    Iíve repurposed the bricks that were replaced and build a border wall. Itís not the straightest or prettiest but I built it and itís killed a weekend.

    Wish this would end just so we can get a roof on the back of our house

  40. #90

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Super Weston Mare
    Posts
    12,388

    Default

    We've got both bathrooms due to be started on tomorrow - it's been a complete nightmare trying to get all the bits needed to finish the work, but provided the shower screen arrives as promised on Thursday, then we should be able to finish them.

    Builder had a temperature for four days from last Saturday but has said he is good to go tomorrow!

  41. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post
    We've got both bathrooms due to be started on tomorrow - it's been a complete nightmare trying to get all the bits needed to finish the work, but provided the shower screen arrives as promised on Thursday, then we should be able to finish them.

    Builder had a temperature for four days from last Saturday but has said he is good to go tomorrow!
    Good luck! Ours have said their main merchants are
    Closed and besides I donít think itís THAT essential


  42. #92

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,834

    Default Things to do or watch when self-isolating

    Quote Originally Posted by SO16_Saint View Post
    Good luck! Ours have said their main merchants are
    Closed and besides I donít think itís THAT essential
    We were in the early stages of planning a new kitchen and have just remortgaged (1st April).
    Kitchen is on hold but thankfully now I have a large chunk of change sat in one of my accounts, which makes me very happy given the current climate. Luckily Iím still working as normal, but you never know.

  43. Default Things to do or watch when self-isolating

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    We were in the early stages of planning a new kitchen and have just remortgaged (1st April).
    Kitchen is on hold but thankfully now I have a large chunk of change sat in one of my accounts, which makes me very happy given the current climate. Luckily Iím still working as normal, but you never know.
    We did the same. Took 55 out the mortgage - have paid the first instalment of 6 and got the rest waiting for this to all blow over.

    Weíre also doing a loft conversion at the same time

    Have you got a builder? I can recommend ours if you need one

  44. #94

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SO16_Saint View Post
    We did the same. Took 55 out the mortgage - have paid the first instalment of 6 and got the rest waiting for this to all blow over.

    Weíre also doing a loft conversion at the same time

    Have you got a builder? I can recommend ours if you need one
    Yes please, we have some quotes but always happy to get a recommendation. Think I might hang on for 12 months now either way.

  45. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Yes please, we have some quotes but always happy to get a recommendation. Think I might hang on for 12 months now either way.
    Sent you a PM

  46. #96

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    John 3:16
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    The wife had to Cut my hair. Gone for the short mohican *****il there’s a need to have face to face with clients again)

  47. #97

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Shirley
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Working my way through the 86 episodes of The Sopranos.

    First watched it about 6 years ago, just as good the second time around.

  48. Default Things to do or watch when self-isolating

    I watched an interesting film last night. ďUn cut GemsĒ on Netflix. I wouldnít say it was brilliant as I spent a third of the time wondering whether to turn off, but it was weirdly addictive. The ending was excellent and Adam Sandler was superb (as was his mistressí arse). Reminded me a lot of Mean Streets, lots of noise, action & jerky sort of camera shots/angles. Thereís so much going on that maybe itís one to watch again to fully appreciate.

    Has anyone seen it, and If so, what did you think?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  49. #99

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Taking a back seat
    Posts
    11,264

    Default

    I put it on a few weeks back, think I made it to 20 minutes in before I’d had enough and put something else on. Not for me.

  50. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I put it on a few weeks back, think I made it to 20 minutes in before Iíd had enough and put something else on. Not for me.
    Thatís how I felt for about an hour, had to really force my self to continue watching (not a great recommendation) , but in the end found it quite compelling. Itís the strangest feeling Iíve ever had at the end of a film. Normally itís , ďthat was ****eĒ, or ďthat was goodĒ, or even ďmehĒ, but this was half ****e half good. Weird.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •