Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Lol, you just show yourself up as someone who can't put your hand up and apologise when you made a mistake. No shame in admitting a mistake you know.

I think the majority on here would feel that the FL have been assisting Pompey more than they did other clubs. The way that Pompey have reduced their squad to below 20 seems to be an obvious dodge.

I will be delighted when justice is properly served and they get their full penalty.

Hutch made a post and listed things that no-one else had noticed, as far as i recall it was not lifted from any HMRC documents and so perhaps you should not be so confident that they are on the ball. Afterall this is not their only case and so resources may be less than we would like.

I suggest you keep your frustrations to yourself and stop the abuse.

I dont think the FL have helped them at all yet.

Special dispensation may have been given to sign 3 players or they may have agreed to look at things on a case by case basis.

My view is that if Poopy turn up saying they want to sign a keeper or 2 cause currently they have none then the FL will agree to bringing Ashdown back in and maybe 1 other.

However, if they turn up saying they need another striker so they dont have to play the kids then the FL will tell them to get knotted.

Reducing there squad to below 20 might come back to bite them. The FL know who they have in there squad and while they will be happy to let Poopy reduce costs by shipping out there high earners, they will not be happy about them getting rid of the cheaps to bring in more expensive.

Word came out about dispensation to sign 3 last week, still no word on the Sonko deal that was all ready to go according to Poopy last week. How ready was ready????

OldNick, if it helps, I'm certain that HMRC were already aware of everything I posted, and a lot more besides. All I did was read the available documents. I'm sure they did the same, before making their appeal.

Hutch no doubt they do/have, but many were certain that the judge was about to finish them off, but gave them time. This enabled them to not only move into admin and perhaps get the debts gone for a pittance but also enabled them to sign more players and in so doing get the the FA cup final and all that brought.

I feel the pendulem is starting to swing against them and VFTT may indeed be correct longterm, but until i see it happen I'm still cautious as they are still looking to be able to duck and dive against all the authorities.

Dont forget many said that they were going to be playing at Havant in the BSL.

Whatever happens, their fans have had a fantastic time on the back of all the wrongdoings and as the majority are JCL's they won't care if they end up in L1 and go back supporting Man u etc.

I dont think the FL have helped them at all yet.

Special dispensation may have been given to sign 3 players or they may have agreed to look at things on a case by case basis.

My view is that if Poopy turn up saying they want to sign a keeper or 2 cause currently they have none then the FL will agree to bringing Ashdown back in and maybe 1 other.

However, if they turn up saying they need another striker so they dont have to play the kids then the FL will tell them to get knotted.

Reducing there squad to below 20 might come back to bite them. The FL know who they have in there squad and while they will be happy to let Poopy reduce costs by shipping out there high earners, they will not be happy about them getting rid of the cheaps to bring in more expensive.

Word came out about dispensation to sign 3 last week, still no word on the Sonko deal that was all ready to go according to Poopy last week. How ready was ready????

i think that is fair, but Bournemouth ,Luton Rotherham didn't seem to get any dispensation.

In theory if Pompeys say they have got rid of Utaka on 30 pw and are signing someone else at 27k pw they could be seen as reducing the wage bill.

I don't think they will but...

i think that is fair, but Bournemouth ,Luton Rotherham didn't seem to get any dispensation.

In theory if Pompeys say they have got rid of Utaka on 30 pw and are signing someone else at 27k pw they could be seen as reducing the wage bill.

I don't think they will but...

But thats where the FL will be reviewing things on a case by case basis to make sure things like that dont happen.

I know the other clubs didnt get much help but so far the only help I can see the FL giving them will be in the keeper department. I think they will be told to whistle for anyone else as long as they have a squad as strong as theres currently is. If they lose 10 of there highest earners then the FL might help them with loans, freebee's and dross from lower leagues. I doubt very much they will help them build a promotion chasing team.

I think the FL are also waiting to see 1st when the court case will be and then if its soon they will wait to find out how it goes. If its not going to happen till October then they change there mind a little. But at no point will the FL move anything to bail them out. They will mearly do enough to make sure they are not the cause for Poopy to fold completly.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Didn't the Android say he was uber confident that their court case would be heard before the end of July and that they could really get their season started once that minor inconvenience was out of the way?

Oh, and Nick, if by getting away with it you mean losing four-nil to a team that has only won 3 games from the last 17, then I guess you were absolutely spot on :D

How do image rights work (apart from the obvious of subsidising a player's wage)? Are Poopey saying that by using the image rights of the players that they have received some income from it? Who from? Or is it just using a player's picture in the match day programme and other advertising schemes? I presume that Poopey will have a detailed breakdown of when a player's image is used/"sold" so that would be quite interesting.

I think image rights are about rewarding a player for additional income which has been gained through the use of their image. This encompasses all additional income they generate, but boils down to the player wanting a cut of all of the extra tickets, shirts, programmes, pies etc which wouldn't have been sold if a they had not signed for the team. Essentially, only the best couple of players in each team can realisitically claim to increase sales (I wonder how many shirts LA Galaxy sold in China before Beckham moved there?; I wonder whether without Lambert our attendance would drop by, say, 100 per game? (which over the course of a season might add up to say 100k increase in income just by having Lambert in the team - perhaps he could justifiably claim 25% of that?))

Problem is, some teams have been using image rights to avoid paying tax on wages, for players who won't sell a single extra shirt, like say, David Nugent. Sure, Nugent's image has some value, I'd say for marketing purposes his face must bring in at most around £10k-15k pa. If he is paid around 25% of that in image rights, I think Pompey might be able to justify the payment in court; however if he is paid substantially more than £3-4k, I feel it will be very hard for them to justify.

Of course, there is a very simple way to close the loophole. Allow image rights to be paid. Don't cap the amount a player can be paid in image rights. Don't bother having to have court cases to establish a player's 'image value'. Instead simply tax image rights at the same rate as other income, and make employers, not employee's responsible for it's payment.

'I've known the home truths since I walked through the door.

'But that is what we've got. What was out there was what we have.

'This is probably the worst pre-season I've ever had.

'The people have been excellent but we could have got to Australia the length of time it took to get from Edmonton to Washington. That puts it in perspective.

'We will come back more unfit than when we came out. Definitely – because of the travel.

'This will never happen again – not as long as I'm manager.

'One thing's for sure. There is no way in a million years I would organise a trip like this. Ever.

'It's been impossible.'

Brown revealed players lost up to four kilos in the searing Washington heat.

He feels the organisation of the trip has been poor from the outset.

Brown said: 'The preparations from start to finish have been a disaster.

'We've had to deal with it.

'We've had no sleep and there are a lot of excuses if we want to use them.

'We made a good start then gave away daft goals.

'The temperatures were ridiculous. The lads lost four kilos after coming straight into it from Edmonton.

'It was very humid. I've never played in heat like it.

'We were easy pickings for them.'

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Didn't the Android say he was uber confident that their court case would be heard before the end of July and that they could really get their season started once that minor inconvenience was out of the way?

Oh, and Nick, if by getting away with it you mean losing four-nil to a team that has only won 3 games from the last 17, then I guess you were absolutely spot on :D

Think his sidekick CEO last stated it would be early August?

Dont forget many said that they were going to be playing at Havant in the BSL.

Whatever happens, their fans have had a fantastic time on the back of all the wrongdoings and as the majority are JCL's they won't care if they end up in L1 and go back supporting Man u etc.

They aren't out of the woods yet, that I can tell you four-nothing. ;) They might yet end up playing in the Blue Square.

Granted that many of the JCLs will just shrug their shoulders and transfer their allegiancies to some glory club, like the plastics they are, but those dyed in the wool fans who are their hardcore of support might already be looking at it rather differently. I suspect that if you were to ask any of them, (the ones who possess an IQ going into double figures), many would admit that in retrospect the damage that has been done to their club by living beyond their means was not worth the FA Cup and the FA Cup final this year. Many have now realised rather belatedly that there is no clear conclusion to their troubles in sight yet and that the avoidance of oblivion cannot even now be ruled out.

But thats where the FL will be reviewing things on a case by case basis to make sure things like that dont happen.

I know the other clubs didnt get much help but so far the only help I can see the FL giving them will be in the keeper department. I think they will be told to whistle for anyone else as long as they have a squad as strong as theres currently is. If they lose 10 of there highest earners then the FL might help them with loans, freebee's and dross from lower leagues. I doubt very much they will help them build a promotion chasing team.

I think the FL are also waiting to see 1st when the court case will be and then if its soon they will wait to find out how it goes. If its not going to happen till October then they change there mind a little. But at no point will the FL move anything to bail them out. They will mearly do enough to make sure they are not the cause for Poopy to fold completly.

it depends how tough the new FL chairman is compared to Mulwhinney. He was determined to clean the FL up but has now left, the new man may have a different view. I can see them getting a keeper but Sonko would be a decent player for the CCC and i got the impression he had been given the green light, although I havent seen anything in the press of him signing.

They aren't out of the woods yet, that I can tell you four-nothing. ;) They might yet end up playing in the Blue Square.

Granted that many of the JCLs will just shrug their shoulders and transfer their allegiancies to some glory club, like the plastics they are, but those dyed in the wool fans who are their hardcore of support might already be looking at it rather differently. I suspect that if you were to ask any of them, (the ones who possess an IQ going into double figures), many would admit that in retrospect the damage that has been done to their club by living beyond their means was not worth the FA Cup and the FA Cup final this year. Many have now realised rather belatedly that there is no clear conclusion to their troubles in sight yet and that the avoidance of oblivion cannot even now be ruled out.

i suspect it is too late for them to be in the BSL, if it gets to that they will be erased forever.

it depends how tough the new FL chairman is compared to Mulwhinney. He was determined to clean the FL up but has now left, the new man may have a different view. I can see them getting a keeper but Sonko would be a decent player for the CCC and i got the impression he had been given the green light, although I havent seen anything in the press of him signing.

Its a bit of a shame that Mulwhinney has gone cause Im sure he would have finished them off. This new guy must be aware of what was trying to be achieved and I would have thought have the same remit with making sure the FL is a fair playing field. Will have to wait and see if he is as ruthless or a bit fair'er. Personally I thought Mulwhinney was over the top so to come back a level or 2 would be a good thing.

The sonko thing was announced by someone at Poopy just waiting for a green light from the FL. If the special dispensation has been given to sign 3 players like has been stated in the press, surly that would be the green light that is needed? So with nothing official about the sonko deal I can only assume the special dispensation is not as much of a green light that is hoped from the blue few.

What comes out in the press from poopy is not and has not been anything to get excited about. If we believe them then it would be very easy to believe they have got away with everything. The people we should believe are waiting for the court date to come and pass before they say anything. The least we can do is wait till they speak up.

before we get too ****y, looks like they have some cover lined up to keep the Nugent Smith goal machine on track -

Former Spain striker Raul has announced his departure from Real Madrid after 18 years and claimed he could now make a move to England.

"I have had very deep discussions with Schalke but there are other teams that are also interested. My future lies in Germany or England," he said.

Presumably he'll play in the hole behind Messi.

before we get too ****y, looks like they have some cover lined up to keep the Nugent Smith goal machine on track -

Former Spain striker Raul has announced his departure from Real Madrid after 18 years and claimed he could now make a move to England.

"I have had very deep discussions with Schalke but there are other teams that are also interested. My future lies in Germany or England," he said.

Presumably he'll play in the hole behind Messi.

But where will Riquelme play ?

Over four hours without a reply? And so close to the 600 page landmark as well...

Back on topic, I see it's what, 3 or 4 days now, since they should have heard about the appeal according to their administrator?

Oh, don't tell me he was wrong again? Never...

Over four hours without a reply? And so close to the 600 page landmark as well...

Back on topic, I see it's what, 3 or 4 days now, since they should have heard about the appeal according to their administrator?

Oh, don't tell me he was wrong again? Never...

...and less than 100 posts to the 30,000.

And we haven't had one of these for a while...CHEATS

If you fancy a chuckle look at pompey online. Doom and gloom is comming home to roost. Thier dire team situation. Non appearanceof the new kit. No tickets on sale for the first match.

Who knows what will greet them at the first home game? Will there be any beer? Pies? Programs? Team? Grass?

They are in complete denial about the legal hurdles between now and the season.

If you fancy a chuckle look at pompey online. Doom and gloom is comming home to roost. Thier dire team situation. Non appearanceof the new kit. No tickets on sale for the first match.

Who knows what will greet them at the first home game? Will there be any beer? Pies? Programs? Team? Grass?

They are in complete denial about the legal hurdles between now and the season.

No. The funniest thing about pompeyonline is Pompeyscot (the administrator) who continues to tell people that everything is alright and they will be OK. He is hugely deluded. I have pointed this out on a few occasions and was promptly banned. Says a lot about the respective intelligence of both forums that we allow skates on here and make them look like fools through well reasoned argument (and the odd insult.) They just ban saints fans because they don'thave the brain power to construct a proper reply!

No. The funniest thing about pompeyonline is Pompeyscot (the administrator) who continues to tell people that everything is alright and they will be OK. He is hugely deluded. I have pointed this out on a few occasions and was promptly banned. Says a lot about the respective intelligence of both forums that we allow skates on here and make them look like fools through well reasoned argument (and the odd insult.) They just ban saints fans because they don'thave the brain power to construct a proper reply!

And as if by magic, the latest post from the buffoon. Guffaw.

I am still totally convinced that we will come through this. Sure, some of that is pure blind optimism but I'm also believing that, somewhere along the line, everyone involved in this will realise that there is more to gain by coming to some sort of compromise or deal than just letting things carry on like this or letting the club die. Too many people care, or have hands in the pies, just to let things collapse.

I don't care if we have eleven youngsters playing next season and we go down, they're in the Pompey blue and they're on the field, you can never lose hope. The Scummers had to do exactly the same, so we just need to suck it up and come out the other side. Of course, there's always the chance there won't be another side, but I think there will be. Whatever, until that happens you can never give up hope.

'I've known the home truths since I walked through the door.

'But that is what we've got. What was out there was what we have.

'This is probably the worst pre-season I've ever had.

'The people have been excellent but we could have got to Australia the length of time it took to get from Edmonton to Washington. That puts it in perspective.

'We will come back more unfit than when we came out. Definitely – because of the travel.

'This will never happen again – not as long as I'm manager.

'One thing's for sure. There is no way in a million years I would organise a trip like this. Ever.

'It's been impossible.'

Brown revealed players lost up to four kilos in the searing Washington heat.

He feels the organisation of the trip has been poor from the outset.

Brown said: 'The preparations from start to finish have been a disaster.

'We've had to deal with it.

'We've had no sleep and there are a lot of excuses if we want to use them.

'We made a good start then gave away daft goals.

'The temperatures were ridiculous. The lads lost four kilos after coming straight into it from Edmonton.

'It was very humid. I've never played in heat like it.

'We were easy pickings for them.'

crybaby.gif

In my opinion that is doing too much. :p

CHEATING BASTARDS.

In my opinion that is doing too much. :p

CHEATING BASTARDS.

With a saints head on I agree with you. But if it was any other team my football head on would want to see punishment followed by a new start. I don't think I would want to see a team gone forever.

I'd like to see the skates pushed as far to the edge as possible but to survive to keep the option of another derby some time in the future.

Something for the Pompey fans playing the 'blind optimimism' card to consider. Newport County celebrated promotion to the Conference last season - a City very similar to Portsmouth. They went under in 1989 and have spent the last 21 years getting back to Conference level. Don't for a moment think it can't happen to you. And you deserve it so much more than they did, you CHEATS.

Then there's this:lol:

Nigerian international John Utaka will choose between Sunderland, Bolton and Fulham after being told he can leave troubled Portsmouth in a cut-price move.

Portsmouth paid Rennes £7million for Utaka, 28, three years ago but he managed only seven Premier League goals.

Utaka claims to have had offers also from Cologne and Bayer Leverkusen but wants to stay in England.

Utaka said: 'My manager is looking into the offers before him. We have had Sunderland, Fulham and Bolton and some clubs in Germany, Everything is in the air.

'I would like to stay in the Premier League. It is quick, aggressive and direct and there are loads of goals every week. And, yes, the money in England is also good.'

Relegated Portsmouth, still in administration, are ready to offload Utaka's £35,000 a week wages for as little as £1m.

Icelandic veteran Hermann Hreidarsson , 36, is close to signing a new contract at Fratton Park but will not be able to play until October.

Hreidarsson joined Portsmouth three years ago but damaged cruciate knee ligaments in April, ruling him out of action for six months.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297872/Sunderland-Fulham-Bolton-fight-cut-price-Portsmouth-striker-John-Utaka.html#ixzz0urSQ9Xwq

Something exciting better happen soon as will be disappointing if reaching 30,000* posts is a bit of a damp squib.

(* Ahh, this thread has grown so fast. I remember when it was a mere few thousand posts long and just learning how to point and laugh)

I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks at lunchtime today. Anyone fancy doing a brief precis on 10 August of what i've missed to save me trawling through 14 days worth of posts?

They are still fooked. Probably slightly more than they were the last time you looked.

Oh, and their pre-season tour was an utter shambles.

They are still fooked. Probably slightly more than they were the last time you looked.

Oh, and their pre-season tour was an utter shambles.

I've not gone yet!

Am hoping for 'they've lost on all counts to HMRC, have not been able to sign any players, despite twhat the local rag has been spouting, and they lost their opening fixture 7-0.

I've not gone yet!

Am hoping for 'they've lost on all counts to HMRC, have not been able to sign any players, despite twhat the local rag has been spouting, and they lost their opening fixture 7-0.

By the time you come back, they will have ceased to exsist as a professional club...that is my hope anyway:smug:

The Blues had agreed a season-long loan with the Stoke defender but the move has been delayed as the club wait for special dispensation from the Football League.

Pompey's transfer embargo remains in place, although they now have permission to add to their squad which is currently below the minimum number of 20

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Robins-make-rival-Sonko-bid.6441256.jp

So the CVA isn't going to raise £15m in player sales in this transfer window.

What does that mean in terms of the HMRCs case against pompey and the CVA in general if one of it's central pillars is missing?

Effectively it means it has fallen at the first hurdle, though I am unsure whether that is something HMRC can use against them.

I seem to remember someone posting that terms of the CVA were dependant on each criteria being met, which could potentially mean that if they don't get the 15 million, they dont have to pay this years 4p in the pound..... I'd check that bit out as I am not 100% sure.

The Blues had agreed a season-long loan with the Stoke defender but the move has been delayed as the club wait for special dispensation from the Football League.

Pompey's transfer embargo remains in place, although they now have permission to add to their squad which is currently below the minimum number of 20

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Robins-make-rival-Sonko-bid.6441256.jp

Sloppy reporting, as clearly both bits can't be true.

As I see it there are 2 possibilities, either:

• They don't have permission from the FL to add to their squad, or
  • They do have permission, but "the holder of the purse strings" won't allow it until the present wage bill is reduced to the target

Neither of which helps their preparation for the upcoming season.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})