Jason Puncheon

saint peach

There's normally a loan fee involved in addition to some part share in the wages as well as having an apparently disruptive influence off our hands. If he performs in the period up to January then who's to say it won't become a permanent transfer.

According to Simon Peach on Twitter, they paid £200K to take him on loan with the option to buy in Jan for £1M (so assuming for an extra £800K).

It might be due to the FA wanting a 'wet' signature as its the easiest for them plus they seem to be behind the times. There are perfectly good ways to sign electronically around in the world - chip and pin counts for your signature in credit/debit card transactions for example.

It is fcking preposterous in this day and age that a digitally transmitted copy of a signature is legally acceptable to the FA, but a digitally encrypted signature from a secure email address or secure website isn't. Especially when you consider that the FA-end copy could have a faked-up signature glued to the original anyway and you wouldn't be able to tell once it's been through the fax.

According to Simon Peach on Twitter, they paid £200K to take him on loan with the option to buy in Jan for £1M (so assuming for an extra £800K).

It suggests the total amount (including loan fee) if he is signed in January would be £1.2m, the extra would be £1m not £800k.

Edited by Matthew Le God

It suggests the total amount (including loan fee) if he is signed in January would be £1.2m, the extra would be £1m not £800k.

I hope to have some interesting news regarding the loan fee shortly... [stop the press: No I won't, sorry]

Edited by saint peach

Exactly- so we don't get the £1 million or whatever it might have been if the permanent deal had gone through.

But clubs don't want to pay our asking price. And we're well within our rights to ask for £1m, he's our player, we don't need to sell, he's proven himself in the top flight and has a few years left in contract.

Fair price tag on him IMO, if clubs don't want to pay that then that's up to them. I don't think that's us being difficult at all.

But clubs don't want to pay our asking price. And we're well within our rights to ask for £1m, he's our player, we don't need to sell, he's proven himself in the top flight and has a few years left in contract.

Fair price tag on him IMO, if clubs don't want to pay that then that's up to them. I don't think that's us being difficult at all.

We don't need to sell?

This all happened very late in the day so I am very pleased we got him in. "Jason is a good acquisition because he brings pace and plenty of desire.

"To be perfectly honest, he was so keen to come to QPR I think he would have paid us!

"He is desperate to do well, and that really impressed me."

Give it 6-12 months Neil, and he'll want out again. Not really sure how much playing time he'll get, with them signing SWP.

6-12 MONTHS!!!???? His get up and go disappeared hear after 6 games! Although, with it only being a loan, he'll do his upmost to impress, get his contract then sit back. So maybe you are right.

Yet another example of our bungling chairman c/cking things up. It's embarrassing, but also funny as f/ck.

if getting rid of punch&judy on loan to qpr is bungling then long may he reign, he can also bring his mates geoffrey, zippy and george with him.

6-12 MONTHS!!!???? His get up and go disappeared hear after 6 games! Although, with it only being a loan, he'll do his upmost to impress, get his contract then sit back. So maybe you are right.

I think clubs who are interested have sussed this, that's why they only want him on loan.

If we can see it, so can other clubs - they're not stupid.

He'll be back in January, then back off to Blackpool on loan until the end of the season

what a cock up,a player who've we wanted to be rid of for a long time and we're still

quibling over the small print right up to cut-off time. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic, we don't want him so why haggle over a couple of bob.

Typical Italian maniacal behaviour about having the very last word, and I've usually no axe to grind with Cortese.

Except you know absolutely nothing about the situation or the negotiations, bar the couple of paragraphs in a local paper.

I wonder if the £200,000 is a fee on top of his wages? Normally the club loaning the player pays a lump sum and then that is used by the owning club to pay his wages each month during the loan period. £200,000 = £12.5k a week over the 4 months. That could well be his wage with no fee on top.

If it is a fee on top of his wages then that is not a bad bit of business.

I hope he has a disagreement with Joey Barton, the stupid c*nt needs to be taken down a peg or two imo. Very average player with grand delusions.

I'm actually surprised how many players QPR got in AFTER signing Barton, personally I'd go out of my way not to have the likes of him as a team-mate. They must be offering some serious wages.

I'm actually surprised how many players QPR got in AFTER signing Barton, personally I'd go out of my way not to have the likes of him as a team-mate. They must be offering some serious wages.

Barton strikes me as the kind of person who was a complete tearaway and a thug at a young age, but it seems as if he's matured recently. He comes across as quite intelligent on his Twitter account as well.

He could still knock seven shades of sh!t out of anyone that disagrees with him though!

Can we lock this now, seeing as he is no longer a Saints player ?

Technically he is still a Saints player, we just have to wait and see if QPR (or anyone else) bids for him in January when his loan deal is up.

Premadonna, another non-team player better off at QPR with Neil Warnock. lol!

So, when Warnock is sacked shortly and he's left in the lurch and they relegate to the CCC, he'll be in the right place! :)

In January we'll have even more dosh for our spending spree on talent to see us through to be Champions! Odds must now be shortening on us now that Parker has left West Ham and it looks like Cole is off to Turkey.

Premadonna, another non-team player better off at QPR with Neil Warnock. lol!

So, when Warnock is sacked shortly and he's left in the lurch and they relegate to the CCC, he'll be in the right place! :)

In January we'll have even more dosh for our spending spree on talent to see us through to be Champions! Odds must now be shortening on us now that Parker has left West Ham and it looks like Cole is off to Turkey.

Unlikely....WHU still have Piquionne, Sears, Baldock, Carew, Monteregro or whatever his name is......Taylor/Nolan/Noble/Bentley/Lansbury/Collison.....Sure Cole won't go either - i reckon he'll stay. WHU have got to be major favourites and anytihng else is a poor job by fat sam.

Sayng that, we have got a great team spirit and some class players with qa class manager, lets hope these attributes win ;)

Supposedly was on his way to Leeds.

"An example was Jason Puncheon, who agreed to sign for us at dinner-time and changed his mind at ten for whatever reason, which turned out to be he went to QPR instead. I’d agreed a deal with Southampton to bring the lad here to replace Max, but unfortunately, it fell through".

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_grayson_reveals_transfer_deadline_day_agonies_1_3736117

Youll like this.

""I will give 100 per cent effort every time I play," he said adamantly. "I always give everything for the team, and hopefully I can add one or two goals as well - maybe more!"

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2439955,00.html

He seems to have missed the sentence "until I earn a full time contract then I will become a real pain in the arse"

I heard from a very reliale source some interesting stuff about his loan to qpr. Apparently when he went to loftus road and was filmed by sky running into the stadium QPR hadn't been given permission to talk to him by saints. Saints spotted him at the ground on the TV and phoned qpr to find out why they were approaching our player without permission (which they denied until they realised it had been on TV). QPR then to keep out of trouble agreed to an inflated loan fee to take the player.

I heard from a very reliale source some interesting stuff about his loan to qpr. Apparently when he went to loftus road and was filmed by sky running into the stadium QPR hadn't been given permission to talk to him by saints. Saints spotted him at the ground on the TV and phoned qpr to find out why they were approaching our player without permission (which they denied until they realised it had been on TV). QPR then to keep out of trouble agreed to an inflated loan fee to take the player.

I would imagine the loan fee would be £200k+ in the first place, bet we got double that. Speaking to a player without permission from his club is worth a whopping fine from the FA.

Seriously, thats brilliant!!

Youll like this.

""I will give 100 per cent effort every time I play," he said adamantly. "I always give everything for the team, and hopefully I can add one or two goals as well - maybe more!"

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2439955,00.html

He does. His work rate was always top notch. He just couldn't hit a barn door at the start of last season and then had his strop/falling out with the club.