Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

You've just ignored the whole point of what I was saying. If they're trying to time it thinking it will soften the blow of losing Shaw and Lallana, then no he's not a big enough name or good enough. He might well turn out to be a good signing but it's hardly an exciting purchase to keep te fans and players happy, which is what the club needs

Please explain why Rhodes is an exciting signing based on your theory?

Small piece in The People saying we're after Tadic for £6 million (seems low in comparison to other reports) & Terence Kongolo, a 20 year old centre back. From my Google research he's only made 23 league appearances for Feyenoord, but has 2 Dutch caps.

Don't want pelle, he sounds and looks rubbish and if that's the clubs idea of a big signing to placate the fans they're f#cling clueless

I know a Feyenoord Fan and he's gutted at the prospect of losing him from the team. I'd rather take his view on the player than yours. He puts much of Feyenoords recent success down to him and Koeman.

By the way he also expects to lose a few other players this transfer window. So it seems we're not the only ones to be victims of our own success.

Alex Witsel?! Seriously ? I would call that a marquee signing and statement of intent.

By then again (like a lot of us that fancy ourselves as being 'really into the game, rara'), I have had an indecent love-in for the Belgium squad for a while now.

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

This whole witsel rumour appears to have originated by a guy on twitter named @Swanie_888. I wonder if that is the same guy who used to post fake transfer rumours on 606 under the name Rocket Swanie...

Booo!

Knew it was too good to be true, Mainly as it would also mean spending the bulk of the 37-55m (whatever it is) on one player!

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

Please explain why Rhodes is an exciting signing based on your theory?

He's not, most people wouldn't be arsed if we signed him. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see him here though. I'd quite like to see Mayuka and sharp given at least a game or two as well, they might well not be good enough but can't be any worse then Gallagher and sharp certainly deserves a chance

If we sign eight players that's good and they're welcome, let's hope they gell quickly. but what we are losing is irreplaceable because they were not just talented, they had been together for yonks and played for each other. That's rare in the modern game, we saw it last season and now we've lost it

If we sign eight players that's good and they're welcome, let's hope they gell quickly. but what we are losing is irreplaceable because they were not just talented, they had been together for yonks and played for each other. That's rare in the modern game, we saw it last season and now we've lost it

Yup, all started when we got rid of Danny Fox. :p

Marshall was outstanding last year for Cardiff but Forster has a big future ahead of him. Excelled at Norwich in Lg1 and now consistently a top performer for Celtic in SPL and Champs League. Also now well in the national picture and appears to be highly rated in the England camp.

I'd go for Forster, especially with age well on his side (26) but as Marshall is 29 but is / should however be at his peak so tough choice.

Do we need a new no 1? Could just see the scenario that we get someone in, Boruc not happy as wants to play every week so we let him leave then are just back to square one with no backup.

Barely any team has two no 1 keepers, and nobody brilliant is going to want to sit on our bench surely?

Boruc is, dare I say it, 'injury prone'. Gazza isn't gonna be our next no, 1 and let's be honest, Kelvin is nowhere near the picture so as it stands, we really only have 1 goalie to call upon. Bringing in another top class keeper will only push Boruc on. Plus he's 34, 35 in February - not got long left now...

Could be joined by Ruddy from Norwich possibly.

Not sure they are best pals. Ruddy in all the Eng squads the last two years then not in the WC squad. You would think the GK coach has some input, and he has been coaching Ruddy at club level so bound to be some friction, perhaps even the reason for Watson moving on.

Also, Ruddy makes so many howlers, he is certainly not better than Boruc.

Not sure they are best pals. Ruddy in all the Eng squads the last two years then not in the WC squad. You would think the GK coach has some input, and he has been coaching Ruddy at club level so bound to be some friction, perhaps even the reason for Watson moving on.

Also, Ruddy makes so many howlers, he is certainly not better than Boruc.

Really? show me the howlers.