Cardiff Build Up Thread

The Cat

Plenty on here seem to think this will be easy. Really? A must win for Cardiff. Think it could be a tight game and we will need to take our chances.

I'll go for 2-1. Lambert (pen). Lallana.

word. really tough game in prospect, can see this being a titanic struggle cos cardiff are in do-or-die situation, really concerned bout this one

6-0 Lambart (pen), Lambart (pen), Lambart (pen), Lambart (pen), Lambart (pen), hooiveld (og)

word. really tough game in prospect, can see this being a titanic struggle cos cardiff are in do-or-die situation, really concerned bout this one

6-0 Lambart (pen), Lambart (pen), Lambart (pen), Lambart (pen), Lambart (pen), hooiveld (og)

Who is this Lambart fellow?

If Gaston fit:

---------Boruc----------

NC/CC--JF----DL----LS

--JC/VW(?)--MS--------

SD--------GR--------AL

----------RL----------

If not:

---------Boruc----------

NC/CC--JF----DL----LS

--JC/VW(?)--MS--------

SD--------RL--------AL

----------SG----------

Don't mind who plays out of Clyne or Chambers. Could give Wanyama a go in midifield, maybe just bring him on for half an hour - don't rush him back.

Gaston would be a like for like with Rodriguez, but he is a lot better in the middle whereas Lallana is still brilliant in any of the 3 behind main striker.

If he's not then why not play Rickie in behind Gallagher? Think he was brilliant when he kept dropping deep at City and he did it when Gallagher came on anyway.

Another option is JWP as one of the 3 CAM's, not sure we'd be very effective in attack though.

Whatever team plays, should still be a comfortable win

Boruc

Chambers, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw

Wanyama, Schneiderlin

Davis, Ramirez, Lallana

Lambert

Still a very strong side and should batter Cardiff even if Gazza's in goal we shouldn't allow them a shot at goal!

Why Wanyama ? He's done nothing to deserve a starting spot over Cork.

Boruc

Chambers, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw

Wanyama, Schneiderlin

Davis, Ramirez, Lallana

Lambert

Still a very strong side and should batter Cardiff even if Gazza's in goal we shouldn't allow them a shot at goal!

The only thing we can do really is make sure they do not have a shot on goal, because each time they do, they will score if Gazza is goal. Can we consider our 4th choice goalie, Cody whatisname ?

ahaha bet you're one of those people that think Cork is better than Wanyama ahahha

Wanyama is certainly stronger and better in the air but Cork offers better technical ability with the ball, Wanayama is caught in a catch 22 position currently, he is being kept out of the side by an in form player but needs game-time to rediscover his touch.

I would start with Cork over Wanyama at the moment if a direct choice needed to be made, putting both into the team would be an option though.

As for a prediction..... Cardiff will be fighting for their lives and I hope our team spirit hasn't been broken too badly by Jay's injury.

Saints 2-1 Cardiff.

Thanks bear. I've been writing Mark Lawrenson's jokes for a while now and think it is going well. We are hoping to achieve cult status by the year 2022.

Think you'll find that's a typo tokes, as he already has that.

ahaha bet you're one of those people that think Cork is better than Wanyama ahahha

Because we paid £12.5m for Wanyama, he must be better than Cork, right?

I'd still like to see Cork and Wanyama start together with Morgan on the bench, see how that works out.

Kicks off at 1507 according to the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/fixtures

I wonder if Pochettino will mix things up. Clearly Rodriguez will be out and hopefully Boruc back. For some reason I can see Wanyama coming in for Cork. Would like to see Ramirez given a start too.

To be honest we really should be beating an average Cardiff team who will be massively low on confidence after being humped at home by Palace.

Not with Rimierez starting we wouldn't be......

Why, Morgan is a class act.

No doubt, certainly the best of the three. I think we should try the other two together though against arguably the weakest team in the league - if Morgan were to pick up an injury somewhere I'd rather Cork and Wanyama not be playing together for the first time against Arsenal or someone. This is the game we can most freely experiment and still be fairly confident of a result, and if we were to lose (basically depends on whether Marshall and Mutch are on form), it's no big deal.

every time gaston disappears for a few weeks he comes back with a fancy new haircut. i reckon we should make him use a more local barber. I mean, maybe not harrison reed's barber tho, i wouldn't advise anyone to use supercuts

No doubt, certainly the best of the three. I think we should try the other two together though against arguably the weakest team in the league - if Morgan were to pick up an injury somewhere I'd rather Cork and Wanyama not be playing together for the first time against Arsenal or someone. This is the game we can most freely experiment and still be fairly confident of a result, and if we were to lose (basically depends on whether Marshall and Mutch are on form), it's no big deal.

Well, If Morgan isn't fit, then JWP would play alongside either of Cork or Wanyama IMO.

He's looked class everytime he's come on.

Cardiff fan here......Unfortunately I can't really disagree with your score forecasts. We are a broken, dispirited club at the moment. It really hurts that what should have been a dream in the Premier League has turned into an absolute nightmare:scared: As soon as that idiot Tan got rid of Ian Moody, our head of recruitment, and replaced him with his son's friend- a 23 year old from Khazikstan who knew nothing about football and couldn't even work here as he didn't have a work permit- then the writing was on the wall...To then get rid of Malky, a guy who got us into the play-offs in his first seaon while also getting us to the Carling cup final.....won us the Championship in his next and kept us out of the relegation zone in the Premier, well words fail me.

Cardiff fan here......Unfortunately I can't really disagree with your score forecasts. We are a broken, dispirited club at the moment. It really hurts that what should have been a dream in the Premier League has turned into an absolute nightmare:scared: As soon as that idiot Tan got rid of Ian Moody, our head of recruitment, and replaced him with his son's friend- a 23 year old from Khazikstan who knew nothing about football and couldn't even work here as he didn't have a work permit- then the writing was on the wall...To then get rid of Malky, a guy who got us into the play-offs in his first seaon while also getting us to the Carling cup final.....won us the Championship in his next and kept us out of the relegation zone in the Premier, well words fail me.

Yep. You have been royally butt f***ed by your owner.

You owe Tan everything.... And he OWNS you. You will have to live with it I'm afraid. You loved it when he bank rolled you through the championship afterall.

You owe Tan everything.... And he OWNS you. You will have to live with it I'm afraid. You loved it when he bank rolled you through the championship afterall.

Wow. Don't take that as the view of all saints fans.

Tan owns the business but a football club is a little more than that. He certainly doesn't OWN the fans nor do they owe him - he certainly has not run the club for their benefit, it's been a vanity project from day one.

There's an assumption the Cardiff fan 'loved it' but, unless you know him personally, not sure you could really know that. He could have been sat at home wishing Cardiff were run by a bunch of fans and scraping to build something over a long period of time.