The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

How about giving G Neville his first taste of management, seems to talk a good game, getting his teeth involved with it in the England setup.

Highly respected also.

May be with Giggs, should he decide he doesn't want to be no2 at Man United?

Now excuse me whilst I go off at scrub myself vigorously with a brush made to rusty nails (it will be the only way to feel clean after that)

I think we'd have a decent shout at Frank de Boer. Everything in his interview points towards wanting a move to a bigger league and more to a club like Saints than Tottenham.

It'd also arse off the Spurs faithful if we got de Boer and they got Pochettino. From what I read they want a more proven manager than Poch.

One thing there are at the moment is a lot of good managers out of work, or managers that may be looking for fresh challenges. I want Pochettino to stay, but only if his heart is in it, and can we please get it sorted out promptly!

De Boer would be fantastic. Would certainly be a signal of intent. Would keep players at the club and attract others. Can't see that happening though, unfortunately.

I think the board will go cheap (just a feeling) and get someone like Mackey. If we have to go cheap, I'd go with Rosler.

De Boer would be fantastic. Would certainly be a signal of intent. Would keep players at the club and attract others. Can't see that happening though, unfortunately.

I think the board will go cheap (just a feeling) and get someone like Mackey. If we have to go cheap, I'd go with Rosler.

If we have to go cheap might as well get Nigel Adkins back knows the club, knows most of the players, likes his sides to play decent attacking football and with Victor and Lovern in the side his team might leak less goals. Honestly De Boer would be great but I can't see it if I'm honest. I would pretty happy with Moyes (man U aside) he has done a decent job in the PL and we might be a good club to re-build his reputation at.

I'd go for Nigel Pearson if Pochettino departed....

He has been offered (allegedly) £180 million to build a team think he might want to stay at Leicester......though thinking ahead as a newly promoted manager he might realise he's likely to be out of a job by Christmas.

He has been offered (allegedly) £180 million to build a team think he might want to stay at Leicester......though thinking ahead as a newly promoted manager he might realise he's likely to be out of a job by Christmas.

£180 million ?? Never mind Pearson get us the bloke with the swans.

I've heard some cracking horror stories about Laudrup.

I very nearly took a job there not so long ago, thankfully I didn't.

Shows just what a top job Garry Monk did to regain confidence and morale to keep them up. I can't see Laudrup getting another job for a while yet, especially not in England. Got a tarnished reputation now.

Despite his record with Tottenham and his experience with the spurs academy id prefer we look elsewhere if Pochettino does move on. Tim's style of play and setup would better suit WBA?

André Villas-Boas or Marcelo Bielsa would be better matches for us, but I do understand they have taken recent roles elsewhere. Wouldnt be against Michael Laudrup, recent stories about his squad attention and behaviour are a worry but his record is good and his style of play would allow us some continuity. This time last year he was very much in demand.

Despite his record with Tottenham and his experience with the spurs academy id prefer we look elsewhere if Pochettino does move on. Tim's style of play and setup would better suit WBA?

André Villas-Boas or Marcelo Bielsa would be better matches for us, but I do understand they have taken recent roles elsewhere. Wouldnt be against Michael Laudrup, recent stories about his squad attention and behaviour are a worry but his record is good and his style of play would allow us some continuity. This time last year he was very much in demand.

Bielsa has agreed to join Marseille next season.

MP is staying . The mirror sports writers are a bunch of wind up merchants .

Sherwood do me a favour . If he was any good he would still be manager at the spuds . He was only a caretaker coach after all .

He might be an up and coming very good coach but he is still learning his trade .

If I have it wrong about MP then I would go for the Barcelona manager who has just resigned

Maybe MP is going to Barcelona . But I'm still of the opinion he is staying with us along with Adam and co.

But I have always said I wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to saints . And I have drunk a decent bottle if Chablis tonight

MP is staying . The mirror sports writers are a bunch of wind up merchants .

Sherwood do me a favour . If he was any good he would still be manager at the spuds . He was only a caretaker coach after all .

He might be an up and coming very good coach but he is still learning his trade .

If I have it wrong about MP then I would go for the Barcelona manager who has just resigned

Maybe MP is going to Barcelona . But I'm still of the opinion he is staying with us along with Adam and co.

But I have always said I wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to saints . And I have drunk a decent bottle if Chablis tonight

Tuck in to the red VW. That Chablis will throw you off.

I'd be quite pleased with Sherwood if Poch goes.

Personally I have never been a fan but he came across brilliantly on Goals on Sunday just now.

He believes in youth development and giving them a chance. He feels the first team manager should go and watch the U21 and U18 teams regularly. He said you should know the players names along with their ability and character. He also said if you invite them to train with the first team give them a fair crack and don't ditch them after one day if they do not perform, he recognises there will be nerves and it can take a young player a little while to settle in.

I reckon he would impress our board if interviewed and he does look a good fit for a club who want to push academy players into the first team.

Personally I have never been a fan but he came across brilliantly on Goals on Sunday just now.

He believes in youth development and giving them a chance. He feels the first team manager should go and watch the U21 and U18 teams regularly. He said you should know the players names along with their ability and character. He also said if you invite them to train with the first team give them a fair crack and don't ditch them after one day if they do not perform, he recognises there will be nerves and it can take a young player a little while to settle in.

I reckon he would impress our board if interviewed and he does look a good fit for a club who want to push academy players into the first team.

Sounds like he is already trying to impress them. Hopefully the board won't be fooled.

Sounds like he is already trying to impress them. Hopefully the board won't be fooled.
That's always been his stance on things whenever I've seen him interviewed. He's a hard one to judge. Done a lot of work in youth development, didn't do too badly being thrown in the deep end at Spurs this season, but does need to learn about managing pressure and public perception a bit if he's going to be a successful PL manager, maybe that will come with time a little bit and in an environment where he does not feel like he's on a high profile, short-term trial. Edited by Sour Mash