The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

I wouldn't go to SMS half as much if Sherwood was the manager - he is such a colossal c*nt and completely not the right fit for our club. We need a progressive coach, not somebody who is essentially Ol' Twitchy but 20 years younger and far less experienced.

Such small fry!

Is that how little you see in our club?

Would our recent history not be of interest to bigger fish?

C'mon people - think big!

If we have to get a replacement for MP, then at the very least we need someone of, preferably better than, his calibre and MM, TS, ML, UR etc simply ain't!

Apart from having the best win % of any Spurs Manager (admittedly on only half a season but you can only win the games that are there) what exactly has he done wrong?

Been an utter c*nt. The fact that he kept bringing up the win % alone.

Moyes will go to Celtic.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

This. Easy life, and a few cracks at the Champions league to get his European eye in.

Then back down south in a few years to Newcastle or Villa or some other big club basket case.

Lennon will end up at Norwich.

Probably to Norwich to be honest. Fans there are frustrated at sacking Hughton too late in the season, which Delia admitted last week, so Mackay as a very popular ex-player and the skipper in their 2004 championship-winning squad might act as a tonic. Lennon would be a risk as the SPL has been a procession since Rangers admin but has charisma and might deflect some heat and headlines away from RK and co.

Ronald Koeman is still my first choice - has the profile to blow MP out of the water, big club experience at Feyenoord, bigger than Saints but we are still a reasonably big club and great international contacts. Known to want to come to England, out of contract so no compo, has a track record in developing young players and was interested in the Swansea vacancy if Monk wasn't confirmed so likely to be interested in the Saints job. Would prefer MP still but ONLY if he wants to stay, Koeman would be agreat appointment IMO if not lined up elsewhere of course.

If we cant keep Mopo due to lack of ambition - money - selling best players then we are unlikely to attract a big name manager who will have what to work with.

It will be someone along the lines of Sherwood or Howe who has worked with younger players.

I am just so worried we believe our own hype regarding the academy and the board seriously think we can throw them all in as most are just not good enough.

Most on here probably wouldn't but id take moyes, tough time at united but one poor (but only by man uniteds standards) season doesn't make a bad manager.

Would he see us as a big enough club though after being at the biggest?

My lad met poyet and he was an extremely nice bloke and very charismatic, I wouldn't be too upset with him , but again he'd use us as a stepping stone.

Sherwood won't get a big job, so would hang around as he won't get a bigger job than us. Skate, but he impressed me when he's spoken, jury's out for me.

Howe, again will be the biggest job he'll get . Got something about him and we could regret missing out on him. Skate, but plays the right way. Hopefully les will have done his homework and knows if he's any good.

Moyes, couldn't have got near him last year in our widest dreams. Needs a long term "project" and would be attractive to a board looking to reign in spending a touch. Doubts about his work with youngsters and his style of football for me.

At the end of the day, les should know his stuff. Been a coaching insider for years and its what he's paid for.

If you held a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd go Gus.

Steve McLaren for me (really hope Poch stays though).

From what I've heard/read about him his coaching is 1st class which would keep our players happy. (Poch is great at training drills according to them).

Bring on the wally with the brolly!

Steve McLaren for me (really hope Poch stays though).

From what I've heard/read about him his coaching is 1st class which would keep our players happy. (Poch is great at training drills according to them).

Bring on the wally with the brolly!

They love him in Derby, he has done an astonishing job so far. Really want to see them up tomorrow, and not just because it is an easy away for me. He wouldn't leave them if they go up, and not sure he would if they don't. It's a little bit of a 'spiritual home' for him.

If Poch went, he'd be a great choice.

They love him in Derby, he has done an astonishing job so far. Really want to see them up tomorrow, and not just because it is an easy away for me. He wouldn't leave them if they go up, and not sure he would if they don't. It's a little bit of a 'spiritual home' for him.

If Poch went, he'd be a great choice.

Totally agree. He has done well everywhere he has been (bar England, where the very best fail)

Totally agree. He has done well everywhere he has been (bar England, where the very best fail)

Was pretty poor at Forest despite being 'bankrolled'. Oh yeh, he quit -good managers and executives never quit, do they?

Classic mongboard muddled thinking.

:)

came in to see if Neil Lennon was mentioned,

but winning the league with Celtic is equivalent to me beating my three year old daughter at chess.

come back to us when you manage to......oops I notice someone was quicker on the reply than me! Edited by OldNick

I wanted Eddie Howe to come to us when Adkins came, so to be consistent,I still think Howe would be good. He has a good record with young players

I can see that one being sold to us and the media as "giving a young English manager a chance in the Premiership etc..."

I'd certainly prefer him to the Petrescu's , Di Masturbateo's previously mentioned.

Or Oscar Garcia for that matter.

errr no he hasn't. Can't be bothered to google it' date=' but what is his highest ever finish with a team? If we were to get him in, we would be a laughing stock.[/quote']

he won a major trophy in england and holland

and got to a European final

errr no he hasn't. Can't be bothered to google it' date=' but what is his highest ever finish with a team? If we were to get him in, we would be a laughing stock.[/quote']

7th in the Prem. Plus a trophy, plus the Europa League final. If we achieved all that we'd be a laughing stick would we?

7th in the Prem. Plus a trophy, plus the Europa League final. If we achieved all that we'd be a laughing stick would we?

We would. We are aiming for top 6, the trophy was the league cup which is beneath us, the Europa cup final was the final of a pointless competition we don't want to be in.

We would. We are aiming for top 6, the trophy was the league cup which is beneath us, the Europa cup final was the final of a pointless competition we don't want to be in.

Can you imagine how tedious and boring finishing 7th would be? If that's all we can hope for what is the point of supporting a team? If we don't get 65 points next season I will become an alcoholic.