What is wrong with America

Red Alert

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

At least 5 dead, including 3 pupils, at a Primary School in Nashville. Presumably if the teachers were armed it could have been averted.

The sooner pre school children are given supervised gun lessons and armed with brightly coloured kill-lite weapons, the more prepared they will be to stop rogue armed children, when everyone is armed in elementary school. Protecting kids and society.

This post was sponsored by the NRA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What is it they say? Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. Perhaps that should be changed to people with guns kill people. Still, we have our own problems currently with knives. I suppose the only upside to our problem is that you can kill more people more quickly with a gun so it reduces the number of deaths per incident. On another angle though there is a level of detachment about killing someone from a distance and being up close and sticking a piece of sharpened metal into another human being. Perhaps we breed a different type of psychopath over here?

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Reports saying it's a disturbed trans individual with a manifesto supposedly justifying the acts. I hope their death was slow and painful. 

Have you seen the footage on the news of it walking round the school checking rooms etc? It's horrendous. 

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Reports saying it's a disturbed trans individual with a manifesto supposedly justifying the acts. I hope their death was slow and painful. 

Suspect it was as instant as you can get when they were mowed down

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Would you prefer a slow and painful death for a trans murderer only or would you extend that to all types of murderers?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

A country full of backwards cunts more interested in their second amendment rights than the safety and lives of their school children. 

There are more guns than people in America, nothing will change until they fix that problem. 

“land of the free” my arse. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Would you prefer a slow and painful death for a trans murderer only or would you extend that to all types of murderers?

Even when talking about the murder of 3 children you still try and turn it into something else. You're such a fucking bellend mate.

• Like 5

I was going to comment on the reporting on the trans aspect of this, and say "side issue" so as not to draw attention away from the tragedy. However, we don't know what triggered the assailant here, or any details. Nothing that could justify such actions.

I note the Beeb considers the gender issue important enough to be high up in it's report.

'There has been some confusion about Hale's gender identity - with police initially describing the attacker as a woman, and later saying that Hale identified as transgender.

A police spokesperson told Washington Post that Hale "is a biological woman who, on a social media profile, used male pronouns".'

I've sat through any number of reports on other issues, waiting for them to give me a name. Not with this, as it's "Hale" in place of all pronouns. After all, in the middle of gun shot fatalities, it wouldn't do to get a gender identifier wrong.

Meanwhile, I can just imagine trans people cringe as that becomes prominently linked at the top of such reports. Just what they need is to watch national news feel it has to comment on possible pronoun misuse, drawing attention to it, in the wake of a horrible event like this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I was going to comment on the reporting on the trans aspect of this, and say "side issue" so as not to draw attention away from the tragedy. However, we don't know what triggered the assailant here, or any details. Nothing that could justify such actions.

I note the Beeb considers the gender issue important enough to be high up in it's report.

'There has been some confusion about Hale's gender identity - with police initially describing the attacker as a woman, and later saying that Hale identified as transgender.

A police spokesperson told Washington Post that Hale "is a biological woman who, on a social media profile, used male pronouns".'

I've sat through any number of reports on other issues, waiting for them to give me a name. Not with this, as it's "Hale" in place of all pronouns. After all, in the middle of gun shot fatalities, it wouldn't do to get a gender identifier wrong.

Meanwhile, I can just imagine trans people cringe as that becomes prominently linked at the top of such reports. Just what they need is to watch national news feel it has to comment on possible pronoun misuse, drawing attention to it, in the wake of a horrible event like this.

I think we can make an educated guess about the reasons given the location of the shooting and the state it was in along with this person's supposed gender identity. 

25 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Maybe they should just identify as a seriously troubled individual who as a result of the gun laws has been able to commit the most chilling and heartless of crimes.

Absolutely. The ridiculous gun laws and also the hysteria on social media about trans day of vengeance and the idea that they are victims will almost certainly have contributed. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I think we can make an educated guess about the reasons given the location of the shooting and the state it was in along with this person's supposed gender identity. 

Yeah. Just a little uncomfortable speculating (even with educated guesses) so close to it.

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Absolutely. The ridiculous gun laws and also the hysteria on social media about trans day of vengeance and the idea that they are victims will almost certainly have contributed. 

I'd not heard of trans day of vengeance. Colossally stupid extremists. And like all extremists, setting the rights of others back tremendously.

59 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Yeah. Just a little uncomfortable speculating (even with educated guesses) so close to it.

I'd not heard of trans day of vengeance. Colossally stupid extremists. And like all extremists, setting the rights of others back tremendously.

It's been all over social media. Admittedly a lot of it is in America which is a ridiculous place but we increasingly have our fair share over here and it appears that the let women speak event in new Zealand ended violently so it's not just confined to America unfortunately. At least we can't get our children taken away over here for questioning the ideology and we've taken strong action against the Tavistock which should reduce at least some of the harms. 

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

Have you seen the footage on the news of it walking round the school checking rooms etc? It's horrendous. 

Just seen it. Shocking and disgusting walking round a school like that. Makes you wonder what is going through that person's mind. Evil. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cloggy saint said:

America is beyond a joke. Columbus should have turned around and kept quiet.

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

It’s mental that the Yanks keep letting this happen. As long as they keep voting in people who block gun reform they only have themselves to blame. 

This Trump rally at the weekend with many senior Republican figures present sums up the obsession with guns, violence and totalitarian rule https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65078418

Not surprising America has problems, when 74m people voted for this from a different recent Trump rally https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-right-hand-salute_n_56db50d8e4b03a405678e27a

I mean, I can vaguely understand why people wanted to try something different, although the comments on Mexico amongst other was a huge red flag. But to vote for it after 4 years of chaos and craziness is nothing a decent human being would ever do.

• Like 3

I knew gun violence in the US was bad, but had no idea it was still increasing, and fast. Pretty all categories of death show increases, except defensive shootings which are decreasing. That gives the lie to the argument that arming people protects them. 

Seven%20Year%20Trend%20Chart%20PS%202023%20copy.jpg

• Like 2

I’d like to see the anti gun movement set up a body as powerful and well funded as the NRA.

I guess the problem is that gun owners see it as one of the primary single voter issues whereas the anti gun movement don’t. Would be nice to see that change.

if they can’t get their heads round changing things then it might be refreshing to see a politician stand up after another school massacre and be honest and tell their electorate that this is the price you pay for gun ownership. You want guns? Don’t fucking cry when you get mass shootings.

• Like 1

They didn't change anything after Sandy Hook. It doesn't get any worse than that tragedy, there is literally nowhere else to go, except killing an even higher number of little children. There's absolutely nothing that will ever change their gun laws. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Nothing will change until someone uses a gun to kill an unborn embryo, then the republicans will properly lose their sh*t.

Scientists reveal that they can now protect a foetus from armed attack, by implanting a small hand gun into the womb. The bio gun, grows with the child, allowing it to be prepared to defend itself at any stage of the pregnancy.

Mrs Loon View, one of the first mother's to under go the procedure to have a little viewing port added to allow the foetus to open fire, stated "After 36 weeks, their response time and marksmanship really improve. I've never felt safer going to antenatal classes."

1 minute ago, spyinthesky said:

Bearing in mind the propensity of US citizens to go to court, I wonder if a group of parents, who have lost loved ones to mass killers, could start a class action against the NRA or individual Republican Senators.

No chance, it would be like trying to sue Ford because your child was killed by a drink driver. The NRA have done nothing illegal, they’ll just claim they’re upholding the constitution and some b*llocks about what a responsible gun owner should do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Bearing in mind the propensity of US citizens to go to court, I wonder if a group of parents, who have lost loved ones to mass killers, could start a class action against the NRA or individual Republican Senators.

why, they don't kill people....

On 28/03/2023 at 09:48, aintforever said:

It’s mental that the Yanks keep letting this happen. As long as they keep voting in people who block gun reform they only have themselves to blame. 

The majority over here can't stand the fascist Republican party. The problem is that the election system is at a banana republic level. Starting with the joke called the Electoral College, where someone like HRC gets 4 million more votes but loses to the Orange Turd, due to presidential elections being decided by how many electoral votes a state gives, rather than the popular vote that every other developed country does.

Then there is the senate, which can block popular legislation (like banning assault weapons of war and stopping lunatics getting hold of them). That joke of a body has 2 senators per state, regardless of size. So for example California with about 40 million people has 2 (Democratic) senators, and Wyoming with only about 600K people also has 2 senators (Republicans, of course). 

Throw in unlimited legalised bribery (thanks to the fascist Republicans on the Supreme Court), along with gerrymandering for the House, and the whole system is FUBAR.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

The problem is that the election system is at a banana republic level. Starting with the joke called the Electoral College, where someone like HRC gets 4 million more votes but loses to the Orange Turd, due to presidential elections being decided by how many electoral votes a state gives, rather than the popular vote that every other developed country does.

I think you profoundly misunderstand what a federation of states is. 

The BBC reporting on Marjorie Taylor-Greene outside the Court ahead of Donny's appearance;

"Talking to Right Side Broadcasting Network's Brian Glenn, whom she is currently dating, Greene argued that Trump was "joining some of the most incredible people in history [by] being arrested today".

"Nelson Mandela was arrested, served time in prison," she said.

"Jesus was arrested and murdered by the Roman government.""

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The BBC reporting on Marjorie Taylor-Greene outside the Court ahead of Donny's appearance;

"Talking to Right Side Broadcasting Network's Brian Glenn, whom she is currently dating, Greene argued that Trump was "joining some of the most incredible people in history [by] being arrested today".

"Nelson Mandela was arrested, served time in prison," she said.

"Jesus was arrested and murdered by the Roman government.""

I'm not one to use the C word lightly, but MTG is a complete cunt.

17 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

69 year old Robert F Kennedy Jr is intending to stand for the Democratic Presidential nomination. Given his family history, is this a brave move ?

A real trend setter, he was an anti-vaxxer before it was cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Alongside 2 more mass shootings there are 2 other "wrong door" shootings;

In the first, Police responding to a domestic violence report went to the wrong house and ended up killing the man whose door they knocked on. In the other, a 16 year old black boy who was going to pick his brother up from a friend's house, went to the wrong address, rang the door bell, and was shot by the householder.