• Ward-Prowse
    • Davis, S
    • Elia
    • Mane
    • Pelle
    • Gardos
    • Schneiderlin
    • Tadic

Great win in the end, would have been more comfortable if Fonte's effort against the bar had gone in but a much happier afternoon than I enjoyed last Sunday at SMS. Forster's save from Austin was crucial, makes a change for him to not score against us although needless booking for Forster at the end when QPR were clearly offside.

Mane MOTM comfortably and very cool finish, huge turnaround in fortunes for him. Elia decent again, Fonte and Yoshida had good games but Davis not quite his usual self. JWP off form and likely to make way if the new AMC from Mainz/Benfica can adapt quickly but still back JWP to improve long-term.

Was nowhere near a foul on Forster. He just was slow to come out and didn't jump as high. Thankfully the guy was offside and the officials didn't mess that one up as could of been a huge mistake. But wow Forster was a lucky boy there. Koeman needs to have a word with him about keeping focus all the time.

whatever happens over the next 14 games we as fans have had one hell of a ride this season. I am so proud to say i support the Saints and have done for 40+ years through good and bad. The only thing that depresses me is seeing some of our players slated by our own fans. Come on guys, these are the players that have had us up in these dizzy heights all season. Back every last one of them to the end of the season!!!

What a celebration in the away end when Mane scored. He was by miles our best attacker. Teams hate playing against him because he makes good runs in behind and actually forces defenders to defend. Lovely finish and he had half chances to get more. Has a really decent goal record for us of late, a very key player and probably the only outstanding on one display today.

We were superior to them but just didnt quite take advantage of the good situations we had.

QPR were poor and just looked get Austin running channels and Phillips to test Yoshida out wide.

Constructive criticism despite the win:

1. We went too route one into Pelle and then often failed to get either Davis or JWP anywhere near him. Pelle didnt have a great game and picked up some knocks, but his hold up play is certainly good enough for one of the CMs to gamble occassionally.

2. Distribution from Gardos was poor.

3. Sometimes our midfield needed to release Mane or Elia sooner rather than taking an extra touch.

4. Pelle held the ball up well I thought against tough opponents in Dunne and Caulker, but he just doesn't seem as sharp and chances arent falling for him. Tired, lacking confidence or just not as lethal as he seemed in autumn?

Other Points:

Morgan now has 8 yellows I think, so a 2 game ban looming for him. Have to make sure Wanyama doesn't also get banned for the same games.

Whilst Elia and Mane both did well individually (Mane especially), I am not sure it really works with the two of them as it becomes a bit ragged and more direct as both are always looking to run in behind.

Great win, now need 4 points from the next two to stay on track.

Was nowhere near a foul on Forster. He just was slow to come out and didn't jump as high. Thankfully the guy was offside and the officials didn't mess that one up as could of been a huge mistake. But wow Forster was a lucky boy there. Koeman needs to have a word with him about keeping focus all the time.

It was offside, it one of their players on the head who was on the ground.

Just got in. The celebration in the away end was magical. Was convinced we would never score.

Few thoughts: Mane was superb, best player on the pitch and worked his socks off. All chances came through him. Yoshida did a great job at left back, not his position but played well and got the assist. didn't play great, but who cares.

Well done Saints on a well deserved, and hard fought for, 4th consecutive away win.

Of course, all the players didn't put in worldies, but there were some great moments from many: Mane, Forster, Fonte, Wanyama, to name but a few.

I am so happy that we have Koeman as manager and most certainly none of the phuktards who purport to be Saints 'fans' on here who NEED someone to slag off. Mane is rubbish, they said; Forster is rubbish they say (what an amazing save today, pure fluke obviously); Tadic is rubbish (had an awful game today, according to some, despite the fact he only played for about 15 minutes of it); Pelle is rubbish (look at his standing in FF leagues.... FFS); etc. etc. It is completely amazing how we are 3rd in the league seeing as we have so many poor players - (according to the phuktards that is!!!!)

It was disallowed for offside. That's what the ref was indicating as Forster was screaming in his face (an incident for which he was rightly booked, I have no idea why he was that angry)

Forster didn't just scream in the referee's face - he leaned his head into him and I had a dreadful feeling for a moment that East was going to pull out the red. We've seen that done in player-to-player situations so Forster was dicing with death.

What a result. Went absolutely chicken oriental in my living room when Mané scored. Looked like a frustrating 0-0 up until that point. We didn't play great but were utterly superior to them. The ball just wouldn't break for us on the box or we'd make a bad decision (try a flick or take an extra touch etc). Loads of people bashing Pellè who whilst not great today has been excellent all season. He plays a tough role for the team and takes a lot of punishment and abuse from the defense all game. He holds it up well and wins a lot of the duels. I feel that the midfield make him look bad by not getting close enough to him for the knock downs.

Really liked the switching of Mané and Elia to keep them guessing, ref was poor and didn't protect either of them all game as Hill/Dunne etc were hacking and pulling at them.

Was in with the QPR fans, although thankfully most had gone when we scored !. Scrappy game, we wasted chances first 20 after that looked like a clear 00 with neither side having any final 3rd chances. Mane always looked most likely, Elia played well but I wanted more against clint hill. Can't understand criticism of Pelle, we are so lucky to have him, he contests hoofs and links plays well, he does look tired but he has been clattered by the best prem def every game and knows there is no number two so give the guy a break. Also don't get the Davis criticism - thought he and Fonte were out two best players (along with vic who only played a half)

What a 40 point party.

What a save by Forster.

What a ball from Tadic to find Maya to set up the goal for Mane.

What an insane expression of RELIEF when the goal went in.

What a nightmare those moments when we didn't know if the Ref had disallowed the goal or not.

What a great night to be a Saints fan. Even the QPR lads who watched the game wished us well on our crazy quest for the UCL. Christ, 5 years ago there were 2 of us down here watching games in the pub. Tonight, the Bar Staff, Waiters & the band all joined in singing OWTS.

God bless you Ronald and the Boysh for what you have given us so far this season. May Allah, Buddha or God himself keep smiling on our crazy journey.

Thought Tadic was very poor, refusing to do the easy pass and trying to be too clever, resulting in giving the ball away pretty often.

Yoshida, on the other hand, was excellent. We're very lucky to have a player as good as he is who's okay with not being a first choice. Clyne is also continuing his excellent season, he's possibly our most reliable player.

He only played 10 minutes clearly the new whipping boy.............

my stream packed up just as QPR equalised at the very end. What utter confusion. In panic i had to check out several websites. Took a few minutes but huge relief. What a finish to a pretty poor game.

Great to see Morgan back. he offers so much more to the team with his passing game. Always wanting the ball...always makes the calm sensible pass, Gets the ball rolling. Priceless.

Enjoy your saturday evening folks!!!

Well done Saints on a well deserved, and hard fought for, 4th consecutive away win.

Of course, all the players didn't put in worldies, but there were some great moments from many: Mane, Forster, Fonte, Wanyama, to name but a few.

I am so happy that we have Koeman as manager and most certainly none of the phuktards who purport to be Saints 'fans' on here who NEED someone to slag off. Mane is rubbish, they said; Forster is rubbish they say (what an amazing save today, pure fluke obviously); Tadic is rubbish (had an awful game today, according to some, despite the fact he only played for about 15 minutes of it); Pelle is rubbish (look at his standing in FF leagues.... FFS); etc. etc. It is completely amazing how we are 3rd in the league seeing as we have so many poor players - (according to the phuktards that is!!!!)

Yeah, I'm not at all sure what a 'phuktard' is but you seem to be over-reacting to what is, for the most part, some pretty mild criticism. Even after a good away win I say there's always room for improvement, especially if the performance itself wasn't totally convincing. So if fans want to point out and debate with others which of our players might not be playing at the very top of their game that doesn't seem to me to be a hanging offence.

Oh and one exclamation mark will suffice!

my stream packed up just as QPR equalised at the very end. What utter confusion. In panic i had to check out several websites. Took a few minutes but huge relief. What a finish to a pretty poor game.

Great to see Morgan back. he offers so much more to the team with his passing game. Always wanting the ball...always makes the calm sensible pass, Gets the ball rolling. Priceless.

Enjoy your saturday evening folks!!!

Actually think Vic played a lot better than Morgan today.

My ribs are still hurting after I fell down the steps celebrating in the top tier and ended up laying on the floor behind a rather grumpy looking bloke who was with his son. Lighten up mate, we just scored an injury time winner.

No idea about the rest of the game because I was pretty hammered but not a lot seemed to happen.

Annoyingly I was sat on the train back with a reasonable Pompey supporting family who said they admired what Saints are doing this season. I'm now confused. And drunk. Also some Spurs fans who going back to Bognor and gave me beer.

OK, bye.

didn't think we played that badly. had quite a few chances, and Mane redeemed himself by putting away the hardest one!

Thought Schniedie looked poor - not fit?

Gardos actually did ok and Maya did well - great assist :)

Fonte and Davis class as always.

Pelle poor today tho, and Elia wasn't too bright.

Tadic also meh

Glad for the points and the confidence boost after last week.

Mane "redeemed" himself? He was exceptional from start to finish, wasn't he?

They're still looking for them, I heard.

What I don't understand is if Bertrand can get a red for kicking the ball and following through on the opposition's shin, why not the same for the QPR player for kicking 3 balls at the same time?

Lucky for Elia he wasn't juggling 3 balls at the same time! Good question though, Dunne was lucky to stay on as was Barton.

My ribs are still hurting after I fell down the steps celebrating in the top tier and ended up laying on the floor behind a rather grumpy looking bloke who was with his son. Lighten up mate, we just scored an injury time winner.

No idea about the rest of the game because I was pretty hammered but not a lot seemed to happen.

Annoyingly I was sat on the train back with a reasonable Pompey supporting family who said they admired what Saints are doing this season. I'm now confused. And drunk. Also some Spurs fans who going back to Bognor and gave me beer.

OK, bye.

:lol: