• Ward-Prowse
    • Davis, S
    • Elia
    • Mane
    • Pelle
    • Gardos
    • Schneiderlin
    • Tadic

Close but a win is a win and 3pts obviously crucial. Strange to think that I'll be supporting West Ham tomorrow but willing them to lose a couple of days later

Man City must be looking very nervously over their shoulder at the moment. Top 4 for Saints? I want the runners up spot

It's all about the 3 points today. By all accounts we should have won last week, so to grab this win today is sweet. I still hope a few of the players hit form soon - Pelle with his goals, Tadic with his creativity, and of course getting Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Alderweireld and now Targett fit, if we want to achieve top 4, or at least fight for it until the end of the season.

Glad to have Mane though. Already seen the goal and it was a great finish. I work with a lot of QPR fans, so work will be fun tomorrow.

Not a great performance but managed to grind it out. Well done Mane, never stopped trying and is starting to have much fewer mad moments. A genuine threat for us and developing into a top PL player. Would love to have JRod to drop into that side at the moment. Pelle looks a bit lost playing the old Big Number 9 role. Needs a foil badly. Big shout out for Yoshida who ran the length of the field in the 93rd minute to make himself available for Tadic and then found Mane with a peach of a pass. Great touch from the Centre Half. 3rd place in the Premier League. 14 games to go. Unreal.

Dubai Phil - using 1,000 words when 10 will do.

Mr Muppet.

63 posts and you still maintain such consistent wit and analysis. The reigning SWF hardmen are no doubt trembling at the thought - nay, the impending REALITY - of losing their crowns to you. I'm going to organise a fundraiser so we can all benefit from your insight more often. Three posts a day does not do justice to you sir.

I still can't quite understand how Forster managed to save that! Pure instinct plus the power in his hands to scoop that over the bar! He was as huge a reason for our win as Mane's winner was. Both have to share motm in my opinion.

I have it on good authority that the black box had created a video playlist for him. Luckily he'd been watching the Karate Kid and instinctively managed to 'wax on'

Shame, you have to feel for well run clubs like QPR when things like this happen. At least they have their academy to turn to.

Be interesting to see how far the football league goes with their sanctions against QPR

Also, just seen MOTD and fonte confirms the ref would have given the foul against forster had it not been an offside

according to stats. Fonte shot against the bar was ...the 14th time we've hit the woodwork this season !

great persistance by Mane - who had a rough ride from QPR defenders (and little protection from the ref.) during the game.

think both he (and Elia ) are the obvious Plan B in attack, especially as Pelle is getting so much stick from defenders and is clearly out of luck recently.

Gardos looked a lot " harder " this time around than in his last game, and Yoshida had another excellent game.

a good overall performance from a team learning to play 95 minutes every match.

Watching MOTD right now. Unbelievable save from Forster :o

Just had a look at the gallery on the saints site, it shows a photograph of Elia getting a boot in the attachments, the next is him on the deck clutching the said area, however, it is the third that made me laugh with him looking down the front of his shorts,( to check if everything is where it should be I guess)that has to be a candidate for a caption competition, shouldn't laugh really of course just could not help it, poor guy.

Is there a problem when we are winning? We are finding it more and more difficult to score goals compared with the start of the season which must be a problem because we won't always be this lucky with last minute winners. We need more c creativity going forward, balls into channels is unimaginative and easy to deal with. We don't seem to be able to thread the ball though the middle of packed defences any more, tap and move, tap and move the way Chelsea and Arsenal can on their better days even 'though we have players who can move fast and keep good close control. Time to find a new attacking coach? The defence is absolutely rock solid even when half the subs are used but you don't win matches with clean sheets and on current form if we go one down we seem to struggle.

Is there a problem when we are winning? We are finding it more and more difficult to score goals compared with the start of the season which must be a problem because we won't always be this lucky with last minute winners. We need more c creativity going forward, balls into channels is unimaginative and easy to deal with. We don't seem to be able to thread the ball though the middle of packed defences any more, tap and move, tap and move the way Chelsea and Arsenal can on their better days even 'though we have players who can move fast and keep good close control. Time to find a new attacking coach? The defence is absolutely rock solid even when half the subs are used but you don't win matches with clean sheets and on current form if we go one down we seem to struggle.

Watching the highlights, Mane got himself in a one on one situation a couple of times. Personally I think we're creating enough chances, we just need to start being more clinical. Pelle's goalscoring form is a bit of a concern, but we're still up there fighting. Nice of SSN to mention at the end of the clip of the game that we are now in third just 4 points behind Man City!

Be interesting to see how far the football league goes with their sanctions against QPR

Also, just seen MOTD and fonte confirms the ref would have given the foul against forster had it not been an offside

Since the foul was before the offside shouldn't the foul have been given anyway? Sounds like a referee covering his ass.

Well done Saints on a well deserved, and hard fought for, 4th consecutive away win.

Of course, all the players didn't put in worldies, but there were some great moments from many: Mane, Forster, Fonte, Wanyama, to name but a few.

I am so happy that we have Koeman as manager and most certainly none of the phuktards who purport to be Saints 'fans' on here who NEED someone to slag off. Mane is rubbish, they said; Forster is rubbish they say (what an amazing save today, pure fluke obviously); Tadic is rubbish (had an awful game today, according to some, despite the fact he only played for about 15 minutes of it); Pelle is rubbish (look at his standing in FF leagues.... FFS); etc. etc. It is completely amazing how we are 3rd in the league seeing as we have so many poor players - (according to the phuktards that is!!!!)

Very good post Minsk...some posters need to have long hard look at the ****** the post or at least think a little

I would say our league position is primarily due to our defensive strength, rather than our attacking prowess. Also, this is a common problem for leading teams to overcome: opposition 'park the bus' basically saying "think you're good? Get through this!"

We have good attacking options, but not the quality yet which will tear defensive teams apart, like Chelsea, Man City & Arsenal have.

However, a Mane + Elia strike combo with Tadic supporting with his passing quality would be a fearsome attack (if a little 'short'). Pelle on the bench to change things later if necessary. Then JR to reappear when fit.

Looking good for the last few games of the season, I think.

On MotD highlights they showed Pelle's being pulled back by his shirt as he waited for the ball to come in from a corner kick. The ref saw it and warned the QPR defender to stop. Said defender stopped briefly and then started doing it again as the ball came in. The ref did nothing. What's the point of the ref telling the defender to stop it and then do nothing when it happens again. I'm sure Pelle would ha e more goals if the refs actually did their job and punished these fouls in the box. Anywhere else on the pitch and it would be a free kick.

Delighted we've got 3 points. Massive scare at the end and we got lucky there. I didn't think it was a foul on Forster, he's 6ft 7 - He should be taking that ball out of the sky with ease but he panicked.

Pelle was atrocious today and has been for some time in the league. Hopefully it's just a knock restricting him and not because he's been found out at this level.

I take this back. I didn't notice Austin pushed Fonte into Forster. I don't think the referee was going to give the foul either.

The scenes in that away end were utterly chaotic.

I went flying. F.ucking ribs are killing me today after I landed front first on some seats about 5 rows down. Added to that I massively ripped the crotch of my jeans so ended up in agony with my pants hanging out.

Wouldn't swap it for anything.

On MotD highlights they showed Pelle's being pulled back by his shirt as he waited for the ball to come in from a corner kick. The ref saw it and warned the QPR defender to stop. Said defender stopped briefly and then started doing it again as the ball came in. The ref did nothing. What's the point of the ref telling the defender to stop it and then do nothing when it happens again. I'm sure Pelle would ha e more goals if the refs actually did their job and punished these fouls in the box. Anywhere else on the pitch and it would be a free kick.

Another gash ref who set the tone for his performance by not booking whoever cynically hauled down Elia as he was breaking in the first couple of mins.

Elia was brought down right on the edge of the box (may a tad inside) and got nothing.

There are few refs that are doing an adequate job. Clattenburg now one of them. Mike dean another

That was an utterly baffling decision,clear free kick and no advantage was gained.

Schneiderlin got booked for a tactical block with loads of players covering yet Hill (I think) got nothing for the Elia one where he was through one v one with a defender.

If that had been in the second half its a yellow every time.