• Ward-Prowse
    • Davis, S
    • Elia
    • Mane
    • Pelle
    • Gardos
    • Schneiderlin
    • Tadic

Very lucky to get the win there, poor performance all round today. Mane and Davis about the only 2 players that I can say played well tbh!

As for the disallowed goal, it seemed to me that Forster had two hands on the ball and Onuoha knocked it out of his hands. There'll be some irate QPR fans tonight though..

Thank god for that.

Thought we were atrocious going forward. Mane was our best player.

Pelle was terrible, can't be fully fit. Just as well we have a week off after Wednesday.

Forster made an incredible save but got out of jail right at the end.

Thank god for the win. Brilliant goal from mane

Clear plan to get behind them which worked well, but still the final shot/pass was off. Not Sure what Elia did when he was one on one in the first half, as the stream dropped, but we had enough chances to be comfortable at half time.

Yoshi did well at left back, with a god break forward and assist for the goal.

Lets hope for a Wham win against united, but with lots of injuries and a few red cards .

Odd performance - always seemed in control but there seems to be no understanding in the forward third - lots of mistimed runs and misplaced passes and basically people not being where each other thought they would be.

Fantastic save from Forster to keep us in it with superb reactions, obvious foul on him after he collected the ball in the last minute

Good to see victor and Morgan both getting some minutes again

Hopefully targett is ok

Thank god for that.

Thought we were atrocious going forward. Mane was our best player.

Pelle was terrible, can't be fully fit. Just as well we have a week off after Wednesday.

Forster made an incredible save but got out of jail right at the end.

Thank god for the win. Brilliant goal from mane

No he didnt and no he wasnt..

It was foul on Fraser and the service to Pelle was poor

No it was offside and clear foul but ref and lino only gave the offside so the Forster haters can have a go

It was offside. Onohua was on the floor and the ball hit him. Forster looked like he was fouled. He should have commanded that situation though

Pelle is just making up the numbers and I fail to see why Tadic gets his name sung - very poor. Thank goodness we've got some goal threat in Mane and Elia. If we do reach Europe it will be a massive achievement based on these last few performances.

And the Ref was shocking.

Delighted we've got 3 points. Massive scare at the end and we got lucky there. I didn't think it was a foul on Forster, he's 6ft 7 - He should be taking that ball out of the sky with ease but he panicked.

Pelle was atrocious today and has been for some time in the league. Hopefully it's just a knock restricting him and not because he's been found out at this level.

Mane was class again today,Big Vic was as great as ever,Elia and Yoshi did well then very mediocre.Pelle was woeful today.Great result and over the whole of the game a fair one.To me i thought their goal should've been dissalowed for a foul on Fraser ,who made as a good a save as you'll ever see.

£rd in the league cmon the Hammers and 2points gained on City love it.

I thought the world had ended given the match posts . I couldn't get a link so had to rely on the posts in the match thread . At 80 minutes I decided to reinstate my lucky ritual of finding my 30 odd year saints mug . Filled it with tea (normally I have 3 cups) of tea out of it . I was just finishing the 2nd cup about to go and pour the 3rd and mane scores .

Brilliant stuff saints . Keep the faith fellow saints fans

Time for the classic, 'it's a sign of a big team to win when you're not playing well'.

Anyways-

PROS:

Mane, and to a certain extent, Elia's pace very very threatening, which is good to see.

Forster- that save.

Morgan and Victor given run outs, back to fitness!

Defensively solid, didn't seem under threat too much tbf to us. It looked like a 0-0 game, thank f*ck it wasn't.

CONS:

Targett getting injured. Anyone have an update?

Pelle- wasn't today, no movement, very static, hopefully a one off, but he held the ball up alright, maybe that was more his job.

We dug deep, got the result, and on to West Ham :D

Edited by nta786

didn't think we played that badly. had quite a few chances, and Mane redeemed himself by putting away the hardest one!

Thought Schniedie looked poor - not fit?

Gardos actually did ok and Maya did well - great assist :)

Fonte and Davis class as always.

Pelle poor today tho, and Elia wasn't too bright.

Tadic also meh

Glad for the points and the confidence boost after last week.

Pelle is just making up the numbers and I fail to see why Tadic gets his name sung - very poor. Thank goodness we've got some goal threat in Mane and Elia. If we do reach Europe it will be a massive achievement based on these last few performances.

And the Ref was shocking.

I agree the ref was shocking but Pelle absorbed so much punishment and won so many of the balls pumped at him...a good few lay-offs too.

I'm not understanding the anti stuff, the guy is class and never stops working no matter how many times he gets kicked or bundled from behind!

VW immense as usual while he was on, Mane looked very sharp, Elia & Tadic both showed flashes. JWP and Davis both mediocre with some very wayward long balls and the usual woeful shooting. Defence pretty solid considering the personnel changes.

As for Pelle, I suppose it's too late in the season to start thinking about breaking our reliance on playing with a target man, but I really can't remember an attack building off the back of one of his knock-downs or flicks in the last three games. For a team that prides itself on possession and passing, it's actually a little perverse to constantly look for the big man, especially when his retention must be down to about 1 in 10 at the moment. No idea whether he's good enough, but I really hope Djuricic is able to slot in at number ten, as with Mane and Elia's pace and movement, what we are crying out for is someone central who plays with his head up in the final third.