West Ham build up

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Theres not a lot of difference between Davis and JWP for me right now, Davis slightly pips him.

But yes its good to have both morgan and Vic back, not that I necessarily see a game against WHU as requiring a formidable midfield considering their ability to byepass it.

Yoshi is solid but not as dynamic going forward, I personally think Targett will be ok and play

Theres not a lot of difference between Davis and JWP for me right now, Davis slightly pips him.

But yes its good to have both morgan and Vic back, not that I necessarily see a game against WHU as requiring a formidable midfield considering their ability to byepass it.

Yoshi is solid but not as dynamic going forward, I personally think Targett will be ok and play

I'd go with that.

West Ham seem to have been going backwards slightly with Carroll and Nolan back. Whether they will play on weds I have no idea

Creswell is a great full back. Song has been very good for them as have Downing, Valencia and of course sakho.

Morgan and vic back is huge

In a way, it is good we have a week and a bit off after this game, should allow us to clear up a few knocks and toby will be back

I wonder if the team will go away for a few days next weekend?

Edited by Batman

Morgan and Vic protecting the back four, and attacking trio of Mané, Elia and Tadic behind Pelle is what I'd like to see, but I wonder if it's too adventurous. No Davis (who has good industry) and no JWP (who has a few assists recently) could be costly, but with our first choice central midfield I reckon we'd batter West Ham.

Can't see past a Saints win though, and we can't afford any more Swansea type slip ups.

When Koeman was asked in the post match interview whether Wanyama going off was tactical or enforced, he said both VW and Morgan "aren't ready for 90 minutes yet and the same applies to the game vs West Ham" (or words to that effect).

As such, I'm guessing he'll start with Morgan this time and have Big Vic on the bench.

So, the line up would be:

Forster

Clyne - Fonte - Gardos - Yoshida

JWP - Schneiderlin - Davis

Mane - Elia

Pelle

Sub's: K Davis, McCarthy, Reed, Wanyana, Tadic, Seagar, A.N. Other U21 player

P.s. I assume the new Serbian fella isn't ready yet? (Work permit and match fitness?)

P.p.s. is there an outside chance Alderweireld might make the bench for this, despite Koeman saying he won't be back until after the WH game?

Is there a case for 352 again? We know we will need to play three CBs, even if we play a back four so it seems logical. Also allows Mane to play more centrally.

The dilemma would be wing back. Clyne on left and Davis or JWP on the right?

Probably too disruptive but I'm sure Big Ronnie does think about these things.

When Koeman was asked in the post match interview whether Wanyama going off was tactical or enforced, he said both VW and Morgan "aren't ready for 90 minutes yet and the same applies to the game vs West Ham" (or words to that effect).

As such, I'm guessing he'll start with Morgan this time and have Big Vic on the bench.

So, the line up would be:

Forster

Clyne - Fonte - Gardos - Yoshida

JWP - Schneiderlin - Davis

Mane - Elia

Pelle

Sub's: K Davis, McCarthy, Reed, Wanyana, Tadic, Seagar, A.N. Other U21 player

P.s. I assume the new Serbian fella isn't ready yet? (Work permit and match fitness?)

P.p.s. is there an outside chance Alderweireld might make the bench for this, despite Koeman saying he won't be back until after the WH game?

No he didn't he sai they would be ready for 90 vs west ham.

This will be a hard game. They look very impressive this half against Utd. It'll be different to last season when they played for a 0-0 borefest.

Schneiderlin and Wanyama key in this.

Pelle needs to improve on his QPR performance and get more involved as he'll also be key.

Fancy a stressful 2-1 win.

Can't wait for the Sham v Manure match today. i don't want either to win for obvious reasons. A hard 0-0 draw will do nicely, so that we face an exhausted opponent on Wednesday.

Happy with the 1-1 draw. West Ham won't be coming to St Mary's cock a hoop having beaten the Manure.

It's up to us now .

West Ham look very tired to me' date=' there was nothing in the tank for the last 20mins. If we start brightly and get the first goal I think we can win this one without too much drama. Get dragged down into playing the sort of game that West Ham want and they are a real danger. All down to us I think.[/quote']

That's what I thought, plus the psychological hit a last minute goal will do to them. They were a bit walking wounded come the end, added to the already busy treatment room they have. Never going to be an easy game, but I think it's as good a time as any to play them.

Target shouldn't be allowed to play even if he wants to.

Our win at Upton Park might be too early season to indicate how things will go in the home game but we are playing a side that has just managed to draw at home against a team that we beat away from home. OK, so that sort of form isn't reliable, but we are a better team than them so we really should expect a win.

It was about this time last season all the moaners got on the back of SRL, now its Pelle's turn despite his hercluean efforts for the team, give it a rest guys please?

He has no real direct replacement with Long, Jay Rod and Sam all injured - you can imagine the meltdown if he got injured too! We have never had it so good, all these club records being broken, defying the odds, keep the faith and be tolerant/patient.

West Ham look very tired to me' date=' there was nothing in the tank for the last 20mins. If we start brightly and get the first goal I think we can win this one without too much drama. Get dragged down into playing the sort of game that West Ham want and they are a real danger. All down to us I think.[/quote']

I think the reputation West Ham is a bit undeserved this year - I agree in previous seasons that they have been direct, but in a fairness to Big Sam he has listened to the criticism and has responded. I think they play decent stuff, with quick, exciting strikers, and they seem to get the ball to Song and Downing's feet when they can. I would rather they did well than the 'big teams' just below us - Man U, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we smash em on Wednesday, but if they finished 5th just behind us, would have no problem with that.