Nathaniel Clyne Joins Liverpool - Official

Saint Garrett

Clyne has had plenty of opportunity to sign his new contract. He hasn't done so for various reasons. Clearly he doesn't want to be here. Saints don't need players like him. We need players who are proud to wear the shirt.

Goodbye Clyne thanks for everything.

You got to love autocorrect.

Edited by Andy Durman

I don't know one way or another whether the Metro report is true, but it could be a clever tactic by Saints if they have accepted Liverhampton's £15m bid.

If he doesn't fancy Liverpool it throws the ball firmly into his court to either sign a new deal or they sell him to Liverhampton, or he gambles on waiting for United to come in.

Except he does not have to do any of these. We cant force him to sign for Liverpool.

Clyne has had plenty of opportunity to sign his new contract. He hasn't done so for various recents. Clearly he doesn't want to be here. Saints don't need players like him. We need players who are proud to wear the short.

How do you know he doesn't want to be at Saints? He may be happy at Saints but want to see if a better offer comes along - it hardly makes him the sort of player Saints doesn't need. If anything, I'd rather have a good player who attracts interest from other (better) clubs than one who isn't as good and has no interest.

How do you know he doesn't want to be at Saints? He may be happy at Saints but want to see if a better offer comes along - it hardly makes him the sort of player Saints doesn't need. If anything' date=' [b']I'd rather have a good player who attracts interest from other (better) clubs than one who isn't as good and has no interest.[/b]

totally agree.

Clyne has had plenty of opportunity to sign his new contract. He hasn't done so for various recents. Clearly he doesn't want to be here. Saints don't need players like him. We need players who are proud to wear the short.

And some who like to wear the shirt too

Many players seem to like to be able to play near where they grew up. He was born in Stockwell, so the closest (Prem League) is Chelsea, then Palace (but we can discount them I would presume). Others then are WHU, THFC and Arsenal.

How do you know he doesn't want to be at Saints? He may be happy at Saints but want to see if a better offer comes along - it hardly makes him the sort of player Saints doesn't need. If anything' date=' I'd rather have a good player who attracts interest from other (better) clubs than one who isn't as good and has no interest.[/quote']

If he wanted to be at Saints he would have already signed an extension.

Sorry, not sure I follow you on that one. You only want players at Saints who want to stay at Saints no matter what the interest from other clubs? I honestly don't think there is a single player in our squad that loves Saints to the point they would do that.

Im still with King Billy's information re hes staying. Until such times as I hear differently

also Clynie is reporting back to the club a week late due to his England call up . I expect Clyne to sign an extension to his contract with us then. assuming King Billy's info is still correct

Im sure RK is fully aware of Clynes intentions

no reason for him to do so. As he has done before he can see the contract to its end and then reap the benefits - so long as he doesn't suffer a bad injury. Players get rich by moving on frees

Previous link didn't work, but Tony Barrett of the Times says new offer of 10.5 million rising to 12.5 million has been submitted by liverpool

Still not enough.

EDIT: Also, I'm aware briefing is a part of the game now, but did Liverpool really have to alert one of their biggest mouthpieces the moment they made the bid?

We bought him for £2.5m and have probably paid him around £6m in wages in the three years since. If we sell him for £15m that means we got the three years free and made a profit of £6.5m. No too shabby.

Depends if you take into account how much it would take to replace him...?

£15m is a good deal, just pay it FFS. I don't know why it's just Liverpool though. He's a damn good full back and would improve at a big club I'm sure. Thought Utd was more likely.

Arsenal should just give us £50m for the pair and be done with it.

There must be a load of deals waiting to happen across some of the bigger clubs. I'd expected both Manchester teams to have been a lot more active in the market so far.

Who Chelsea ;) , but they're nit interested I heard so next up is...

Yeah, must be like being bored but comfortable in a safe cosy marriage, fancying some other bird who doesn't fancy you back (but might next year when her current partner's not up to it any more) and having another one (or two) you don't really fancy trying to entice you with promises of all sorts of exciting things you're not currently getting at home.

Tough decision. :scared:

Curious that they can play hardball over Sterling, but we should just bend over a take a shafting from them. They really cannot be endearing themselves to our board. Especially as the papers hear about it before them.

We want 15m. They have offered only 2/3 of that in cash. As has been said, they have hopefully received an immediate refusal.

Curious that they can play hardball over Sterling, but we should just bend over a take a shafting from them. They really cannot be endearing themselves to our board. Especially as the papers hear about it before them.

We want 15m. They have offered only 2/3 of that in cash. As has been said, they have hopefully received an immediate refusal.

A shafting?! 12.5 million for a right back who can't cross a ball and only has 1 year left on his contract and won't sign a new one?

Decent business

In perspective (maybe)

Cech - 1 year left - aged 33 with prob 6-7 years left in him at the top level - one of the best goalies around - £11m

Clyne - 1 year left - aged 24 with prob 8-9 years left in him at the top level - a very good defender, but by no means one of the best - £12.5m

I am sure neither Saints nor Liverpool will disclose either the actual amount, nor the conditions and I for one am not going to get hung up on what the papers say about it. Maybe we have included a huge sell on clause in lieu of £2.5m - who knows?

Source ?

Times Sport ‏@TimesSport 16s16 seconds ago

Southampton have accepted improved offer from Liverpool for @Nathaniel_Clyne, worth up to £12.5m, @TonyBarretTimes reports. Link to follow

A bit gauling we didn't hold out for the extra £2m just because its Liverpool. However, with only the one year left we had to play it farily cool I imagine. Hope the add-ons are not too silly.

I don't have a problem with players leaving for European football when we couldn't offer it. Or CL now instead of EL, but this just stinks of a move for big wages!

Still least now he's at LFC Roy will make him England's right back

Move on and sign a replacement please

Seen a lot on here and twitter saying it's a sideways move, all for money etc.

Come on, it's not a sideways move. We have won 1 major trophy in 130 years and just celebrated finishing 7th. They had a terrible season yet played in the Champions League, got to 2 semi finals and finished above us. He'll virtually guarantee his England place. And yes, he'll probably double his wages. Who can blame him?