Nathaniel Clyne Joins Liverpool - Official

Saint Garrett

Good luck to Clyney and the rest of our undercover agents in their mission to make Liverpool a mid-table club. Not an ambitious move for him at all but he'll get paid considerably more and have a better chance at nailing down that RB spot for England, so good luck to him. Just think he could've done a lot better if he'd been more patient.

You were away in America during the break and we believe you saw a little bit of Adam Lallana while you were over there. Did you ask him about Liverpool?

"We spoke a lot. He said he wanted me to sign and I said if the deal moves along and gets done, I'd be with him as a teammate once again. We enjoyed our time over there in America - it was brilliant."

Lallana is a ****

Explains why the V Man made an appearance on here recently then. Time to bank the money, some of it's gone on Soares but two right backs has to be an absolute priority and I imagine the club wouldn't leave the position vulnerable with the long fixture list next season. Last season, Toby could cover there if Clyne was injured/out of form but it still left us vulnerable as Toby had spells out injured and we can't be certain he'll be returning next season.

Barcelona's financial reporting isn't known for its accuracy tbf ;)

In terms of this deal, I can only shrug my shoulders really. Strange one, he was a popular player and yet never had a song despite making 100+ appearances, and for me his attitude and performances in the second half of the season leave me feeling completely unbothered by his departure. Most of last summer's sales brought tinges of sadness for various reasons, but I just can't raise any particular disappointment here. Good player, certainly, but irreplaceable? Not a chance.

Pretty much this. Decent for us and a good 3 years out of him. Fantastic return on original £2m outlay. Already signed his replacement so no panic ... we move on.

no animosity... just a shame he has signed for that total pile of sh1te of a team... he is a total idiot... but many footballers are... but having said that, for me he was looking a bit 2-D of late so in that sense I am happy Saints are moving forward with the money for him in the bank and cheers mate for your time at the club...

3 Good years out of him, 10.5m profit and he helped us stabilise nicely in the top flight in the process.

Not a bad spell, good luck to him.

This - Really not worried by him leaving though as he did tail off quite markedly after Christmas..

Interesting which Clyne plays for Liverpool. The one who we saw in the first part of last season or the one we saw in the second.

probably matters not too much. He has just ensured he starts for england at RB for the next year or so

So' date=' do we sign another right back or not?[/quote']

I think we will get another centre half who can cover RB. Obviously Toby fits the bill but if not something similar. The club may also be looking to the youth team. Can't Stephens, Turnbull and Mugabi all play RB if needed?

Whilst this move is understandable, you have to wonder if Clyne will ever play Champions League football. Had he stayed here and waited for an opportunity at one of the big clubs he might have been better off IMO. Liverpool is sort of a no-mans land where they are unlikely to make the Champions League and wont sell to any of the clubs above them, short of a massive offer like they got for Torres.

Without meaning to sound like sour grapes, he's kind of snookered himself into the Europa League. He is better than that IMO.

If he'd gone to United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea or abroad I'd have wished him well I think. As it is, I hope he's a flop and Liverpool have another shocking defence this season.

He's not good enough for a top four club.. Hence he has moved to level below.

I think we will get another centre half who can cover RB. Obviously Toby fits the bill but if not something similar. The club may also be looking to the youth team. Can't Stephens, Turnbull and Mugabi all play RB if needed?

Stephens, McCarthy, and Mugabi can all play right back but none are typically built for it or have the characteristics of the modern full back, plus their natural position is centre back.

Interesting which Clyne plays for Liverpool. The one who we saw in the first part of last season or the one we saw in the second.

Fairly certain Rodgers & scousehamptons coaching staff will **** him up somehow. Probably end up partnering kolo toure at CB!

Don't really feel much about this news tbh, it's been coming and it's not the end of the world. Would be surprised if clyne or schniderlin get booed next season though.

After last summer I find myself not overly bothered let's get Morgan on his way and concentrate on building next seasons team. Still think he was good enough to play for a better team than Liverpool. I guess he will stay at pool for the best part of his career, earn a good wedge, play for England and stagnate like Glen Johnson. Meh #wemarchon and all that.

from his point of view the move makes sense and I can't blame him, but as with all good players that leave Saints (and he was certainly was a good player), he is the enemy now and `dead' to me. Soares my good man, I hope you turnout to be an even better player. The king is dead, long live the king.

He'll be fine. Best Right-back they've had in ages & probably on way less than Glen Johnson was on.

Lallana wanted him to join so there will be less of a focus on him when they play at SMS lol. I hope the new full back will be as good if not better. i assume this is our future each summer, losing a few stars.

Any parents should not get names on the kids shirts as they will become redundant pretty quickly !!!

This - Really not worried by him leaving though as he did tail off quite markedly after Christmas..

This.

It can only be the money, Liverpool finish one place ahead last season. Hope he enjoys his time up there, Liverpool with the wind blowing off the Irish Sea in the winter too bloody cold!

He'll be fine. Best Right-back they've had in ages & probably on way less than Glen Johnson was on.

****, I forgot the toilet thief was out of contract. We had better not compound my misery of losing a top class full back by replacing him with that useless show pony.

Disappointed but we can't compete wage wise. Looking forward to team evolving even more under Koeman.

out of interest, how much more income do Liverpool make than us and where does it come from - sponsorship and more TV appearances I assume? Or do shirt sales outside the UK stack up as well?

Rot In Pieces

Nathaniel Clyne.

Hope your time at liverhampton goes just as well as all those other turncoat's has...

You're a complete helmet.

Have no particular animosity to Clyne; he was sensible to enough to choose us in the first place rather than do a Zaha and be dazzled by the short-term. We got three very good years out of him and now a decent fee. Unlike others, he kept his mouth shut last summer. Loyalty is only skin-deep -hence why he'll be quickly forgotten; but there are right and wrong ways of doing things and he honoured his contract to a t.

****, I forgot the toilet thief was out of contract. We had better not compound my misery of losing a top class full back by replacing him with that useless show pony.

Big wages and turns 31 next month, not really a Saints signing I think we're safe there.

My money is on Cedric being the replacement and youth/Toby types as cover.