Nathaniel Clyne Joins Liverpool - Official

Saint Garrett

"Nathaniel Clyne to Liverpool is a great move, although it seems Liverpool only seem to buy Southampton players now! We could have had him at Spurs when he was at Palace," Redknapp told Kicc

Jeez, he is ridiculous. I'm sure he could have had any player, in the world, at club x when he was manager??

Am being told that Clyney has and then will be confirmed as not officially announced but then not failing the medical tomorrow evening following what looks to be the end of it all. Possibly three of them.

This one will run and run folks.

????????

Have I drunk a lot, or have you?

Am being told that Clyney has and then will be confirmed as not officially announced but then not failing the medical tomorrow evening following what looks to be the end of it all. Possibly three of them.

I agree with this...........................I think

You lost me after clyney

I read that as Sturridge (semi-permanently Injured anyway), Lallana, Markovic, Coutinho and Firmino, with the others either out this summer or bit part players. Definitely room for another striker, but they really do need to get rid of a lot of wages.

Ibe will play a part surely? Looked a decent player against us.

I think some of Clynes second half of last seasons loss in form was down to burnout from playing too many games.

I don't even think he was that bad as people are making out maybe the last 5 games but not whole second half of the season! He was brilliant for us first half of the season and I think I even had him as my player of the year so far just before Christmas or something.

No but if you keep claiming you are itk then I'll keep laughing at you.

I don't claim to be itk. I just feed bits of information that I do know or have heard from what I believe to be reliable sources. If that causes you amusement and brings joy to your life, well that's all the better.

Good luck to Clyne, wish no anger towards him, he's doing what he thinks is right and if that's for money then so be it. He's been an important part of our rise, now it is time for us to march on with our new right back Soares. The money from him will probably not be that much but goes towards Soares and Juanmi. Potentially good business if these both work out well.

After inking his Reds deal, he told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm delighted and it's a dream move for me to come here and play for such a big club with all of its history. I can't wait to get started.

"As soon as Liverpool showed their interest in me, I was happy and just wanted the deal to go through.

"The gaffer has shown a lot of interest in me and this is a place where I can improve as a player, I think. It's definitely a good opportunity to come here and try to fulfil my potential.

"I've played at Anfield before and know what the atmosphere is all about. It's a great atmosphere and will make me rise to the challenge. I'm really looking forward to it and hopefully it can push me on to putting on good performances."

After inking his Reds deal, he told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm delighted and it's a dream move for me to come here and play for such a big club with all of its history. I can't wait to get started.

"As soon as Liverpool showed their interest in me, I was happy and just wanted the deal to go through.

"The gaffer has shown a lot of interest in me and this is a place where I can improve as a player, I think. It's definitely a good opportunity to come here and try to fulfil my potential.

"I've played at Anfield before and know what the atmosphere is all about. It's a great atmosphere and will make me rise to the challenge. I'm really looking forward to it and hopefully it can push me on to putting on good performances."

Did wonders for Lovren's career Nat but good luck anyway and I hope we finish above you next season.

You were away in America during the break and we believe you saw a little bit of Adam Lallana while you were over there. Did you ask him about Liverpool?

"We spoke a lot. He said he wanted me to sign and I said if the deal moves along and gets done, I'd be with him as a teammate once again. We enjoyed our time over there in America - it was brilliant."

Lallana is a ****

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150701-announcement-nathaniel-clyne-southampton-liverpool-2518468.aspx

The defender departs after three years at St Mary’s, having made more than a hundred appearances since joining from Crystal Palace in 2012.

During his time at St Mary’s, Clyne broke into England’s senior squad and helped Saints to record points totals in the last two Premier League seasons.

Executive Director of Football Les Reed commented: “With Nathaniel’s contract entering its final year, it was important that his future was resolved this summer.

“With Cédric Soares now in place and it becoming clear that Nathaniel did not wish to extend his deal, we were keen to swiftly move on early in our pre-season schedule.

“We have now been able to conclude our negotiations with Liverpool, and we thank Nathaniel for his efforts during the past three seasons.”

tbh I don't blame him. He can move on. Thank you for the three years and your service, and yeah, that's all there is to it.

Didn't make a fuss, and tbf he did pretty much stick to his contract, so yeah, cheers, but SAINTS shall move on. #WeMarchOn

tbh I don't blame him. He can move on. Thank you for the three years and your service, and yeah, that's all there is to it.

Didn't make a fuss, and tbf he did pretty much stick to his contract, so yeah, cheers, but SAINTS shall move on. #WeMarchOn

This.

Yep.

Barcelona claim Luiz Suarez cost them £65m.

Liverpool sold Suarez and signed Lallana, Lovren, Clyne, and Lambert with the money.

:lol:

Barcelona's financial reporting isn't known for its accuracy tbf ;)

In terms of this deal, I can only shrug my shoulders really. Strange one, he was a popular player and yet never had a song despite making 100+ appearances, and for me his attitude and performances in the second half of the season leave me feeling completely unbothered by his departure. Most of last summer's sales brought tinges of sadness for various reasons, but I just can't raise any particular disappointment here. Good player, certainly, but irreplaceable? Not a chance.