Nathaniel Clyne Joins Liverpool - Official

Saint Garrett

one long term injury and we're relying on a kid all season and we know what koeman has to say about playing kids week in week out.

i think we're light tbh.

11 injuries and we risk having to play the second XI! #nightmare #itshappeningbutnotasweexpsctit

Odd statement there. Bogdan aside; Liverpool's have done rather well so far. Milner is a player that defines the term boring, but he hasnt played for England 54 times by being a ****e player. Ings and Gomez are up and coming players, the former someone a lot on here would have creamed themselves had we purchased. Firmino is, on paper, a cracker of a signing. Add Clyne to that and I would be rather happy if I was a 'Pool fan.

Didn't think it was that odd a statement, Bar Clyne and Firmino their signings wouldn't excite me and have me believe that my 'big' club is going to get into the top 4 this season.

Plus now for the front 3 behind the striker or wide 2 and striker options are as follows

Sterling, Sturridge, Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, Ings, Firmino, Ibe and Coutinho

So that's a total of 11 first team players for 3-4 postions in the first 11. Obviously one or two might go but still 9-10 for 3-4 postions is far too many to have in a squad.

Plus now for the front 3 behind the striker or wide 2 and striker options are as follows

Sterling, Sturridge, Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, Ings, Firmino, Ibe and Coutinho

So that's a total of 11 first team players for 3-4 postions in the first 11. Obviously one or two might go but still 9-10 for 3-4 postions is far too many to have in a squad.

I read that as Sturridge (semi-permanently Injured anyway), Lallana, Markovic, Coutinho and Firmino, with the others either out this summer or bit part players. Definitely room for another striker, but they really do need to get rid of a lot of wages.

The £12.5m doesn't seem to compare well with the £11m being bandied about as the fee to Toby. If it works out we get £12.5m for Clyne and get Toby for £11m, that would be good business in my book.

Apparently we have to give Crystal Palace 25% of the profit from the deal because of a sell-on clause. £2.5m then, as £10m of the fee is profit on the £2.5m we paid CP ourselves.

Let's face it, Hazard, who is the same age as Clyne, seemingly didn't suffer from burnout. I know each person is different, but ignoring internationals, so just league and cups

Hazard played 52 games (4430 minutes) vs Clyne 41 games (3686 minutes) over a 9 month stretch.

No let's face it, Hazard is a freak and your comparison is meaningless.

You don't hear rugby players (or other professional sportspeople) moaning about burnout. If 180 minutes a week is too much perhaps they should lay off the golf courses....

Nope, I don't hear Clyne moaning either....but guaranteed all sportsmen and women suffer from fatigue both mental and physical*

* Assuming they are clean.

No let's face it, Hazard is a freak and your comparison is meaningless.
Hazard isn't a "freak" though, lots of top players play twice a week across league, cup, european and international fixtures, no reason for Clyne to be particularly knackered by the end of January.

Let's go a bit drastic on this one - young players are getting tired?...

They are professional athletes, their careers are short.

How about they look after their bodies and then when they retire they can then lie in the street so drunk they wet themselves or stay up all night before a match?

Zero tolerance on night life shenanigans for pro athletes - or do the nights out, but play 50 games a season without moaning or a drop in form.

And for the people who say, they need to let their hair down.

Yeah, but you don't have to have your stomach pumped, get involved in a fight or charged with a sex offence to relax.

If you want to be a sportsman, behave like one, if you want to party every night, go work in Tesco and benefit from cheap cider at staff prices.

Then you can also live the footballer lifestyle by ****ging slappers behind the bins between shifts.

Let's go a bit drastic on this one - young players are getting tired?...

They are professional athletes, their careers are short.

How about they look after their bodies and then when they retire they can then lie in the street so drunk they wet themselves or stay up all night before a match?

Zero tolerance on night life shenanigans for pro athletes - or do the nights out, but play 50 games a season without moaning or a drop in form.

And for the people who say, they need to let their hair down.

Yeah, but you don't have to have your stomach pumped, get involved in a fight or charged with a sex offence to relax.

If you want to be a sportsman, behave like one, if you want to party every night, go work in Tesco and benefit from cheap cider at staff prices.

Then you can also live the footballer lifestyle by ****ging slappers behind the bins between shifts.

ITK?

Balotelli, Lambert and Borini will probably be sold. Sterling too depending on Man City

1) Should have just offered more to him and to us.

2) Is the deal done and dusted or can he change and move to Utd? That would be great.

Really though, if this is true (operative word being "if"), then why would you choose to go to LFC over MUFC? Starting XI? Money?

1) Should have just offered more to him and to us.

2) Is the deal done and dusted or can he change and move to Utd? That would be great.

Really though, if this is true (operative word being "if"), then why would you choose to go to LFC over MUFC? Starting XI? Money?

Van Gaal does not control the transfers at Man U, he may (or may not) have wanted the player but he doesn't make the offers or sign the bank transfers; Utd are obviously being chippy about money just now because they've signed nobody apart from Depay and dutch clubs seem to be a pushover on money. They want everybody for peanuts and we're obviously not going to be pushed around. Van Gaal should take it up with Woodward.

Balotelli, Lambert and Borini will probably be sold. Sterling too depending on Man City

The trouble is the only club stupid enough to buy Balotelli is infact Liverpool. Is there anyone out there who would match his wages, even if Liverpool gave him away free?

Source?

I know someone in the local psychiatric ward, apparently he was AOK until doctor asked him why he was signing for Liverpool. Nathanial replied for regular champions league football and following that response he has been classed as mental

He has failed medical

If true, can you imagine the conversation back at SMS?

Clyne, "Hey, Ronnie & Les, I've been thinking it over I'd really love to sign that bumper contract you offered me after all. Liverpool wasn't for me anyway and I'm glad I went up there to confirm those suspicions. If you've got a pen, I'll sign right now... unless you've heard from anyone in Manchester recently???"

If true, can you imagine the conversation back at SMS?

Clyne, "Hey, Ronnie & Les, I've been thinking it over I'd really love to sign that bumper contract you offered me after all. Liverpool wasn't for me anyway and I'm glad I went up there to confirm those suspicions. If you've got a pen, I'll sign right now... unless you've heard from anyone in Manchester recently???"

I think it was just part 1 of a 2 part serial joke