Nathaniel Clyne Joins Liverpool - Official

Saint Garrett

You're a complete helmet.

Have no particular animosity to Clyne; he was sensible to enough to choose us in the first place rather than do a Zaha and be dazzled by the short-term. We got three very good years out of him and now a decent fee. Unlike others, he kept his mouth shut last summer. Loyalty is only skin-deep -hence why he'll be quickly forgotten; but there are right and wrong ways of doing things and he honoured his contract to a t.

No need for the insult, the rest of the post was spot on.

You mentioned the manager there - has he been a big part in your move? He's shown before young players will play a part here...

Definitely. He works with young players and helps them progress. I still think there is a lot to come from me and hopefully he can bring the best out of me.

Who are all these young players Brenda helps progress? Sterling is the only one that comes to mind and Rodgers has done such a good job Sterling wants to leave Liverpool really badly....

Have no particular animosity to Clyne; he was sensible to enough to choose us in the first place rather than do a Zaha and be dazzled by the short-term. We got three very good years out of him and now a decent fee. Unlike others, he kept his mouth shut last summer. Loyalty is only skin-deep -hence why he'll be quickly forgotten; but there are right and wrong ways of doing things and he honoured his contract to a t.

I'd go along with that totally.

Mixed feelings, probably the same as a lot of us. I understand his move, I wish him well personally and with his new bumper salary he'll be able to afford a decent haircut!

On the flipside, it had to be fecking Loserpool didn't it? Any other team and I've have willed him on, but for them? Hope they burn, just as last season.

Remember checking Liverpool scores last season and if they were winning, hoping it was a Lambert goal to soften the blow. But hey ho, we march on and all that. I think we need another RB still (personally I'd have liked to get Trippier) but we'll all be behind Cedric I'm sure.

Brendan Rodgers has not improved a single defender during his three years at the club.

Brendan Rodgers has not been able to craft a team that has an equal balance between attack and defence during his three years at the club.

Brendan Rodgers is on borrowed time and Clyne will be exercising his one-on-one ability with his winger on the pitch more than he will be with his Manager on the training pitch.

Another endorsement from me.

I will not boo Clyne. He has left in the same manner as he arrived. A shame to see him go but a full-back will never be as important as a centre back, central midfielder or striker.

Lallana will get a special reception again though.

The only caveat I'd add is that he strung us along a bit IMO. I don't think the club would have mentioned being confident of getting him to sign a new contract in public unless Clyne was giving then very encouraging signs. Having said that I don't have any ill will to him(don't really wish him any future success either mind)

Edited by doddisalegend

I'm strangely less bothered about him leaving than I thought I would be, probably because I felt like he left months ago. Just wish he wasn't going to them :frown:

Anyway, hope he enjoys working with Brendan (and the masterful Roy) - sure he'll learn and develop way more than with Koeman. "One-on-ones and individual training sessions" !!! Well, what can one say - just WOW at these revolutionary methods!

Come on RK keep up.

The only caveat I'd add is that he strung us along a bit IMO. I don't think the club we'd have mentioned being confident of getting him to sign a new contract in public unless Clyne was giving then very encouraging signs. Having said that I don't have any ill will to him(don't really wish him any future success either mind)

I think the club were well aware of what was going to happen, hence the purchase of a replacement first.

I don't have much ill-feeling towards Clyney to be honest, but christ on a bike, what an utter self-indluging load of wet flannal that article on the LFC website is. Who the hell do they think they are!

'You've made a meteoric rise- Southampton, then England call up and now Liverpool'

Who do these twa*s think they are- seem to forget they only finished 2 points and a place ahead of us.

The delusions of grandeur. Pathetic.

Who are all these young players Brenda helps progress? Sterling is the only one that comes to mind and Rodgers has done such a good job Sterling wants to leave Liverpool really badly....

maybe Ibe, Flanagan, Coutinho and Henderson could be described as young players that have progressed

'You've made a meteoric rise- Southampton, then England call up and now Liverpool'

Who do these twa*s think they are- seem to forget they only finished 2 points and a place ahead of us.

To be fair they're not going to ask him how he feels about his sideways move to an underachieving club led by a complete knobber of a manager

"he arrives at Anfield insisting that working under Brendan Rodgers' tutelage will enable him to take his game onto the next level."

How did Brendan Rodgers' tutelage work out for your former team mates?

That will be the transfer to the big four in a couple of years then

"he arrives at Anfield insisting that working under Brendan Rodgers' tutelage will enable him to take his game onto the next level."

And it also says that Koeman is **** and not a patch on Rodgers.

good riddance you judas c%%t

Bit harsh that. :scared:

Meh.

Shame he didn't see his future here but at the end of the day we've made a good old profit, he's given us three good years and got himself England recognition in the meantime. Not much else you can say really.

Yep.

TBF half of this is all the standard new signing interview stuff that comes pre-printed on the press releases. "New manager... next level... Champions League... England... great fans.... great history... talented bunch of players... time for the next challenge... blah blah." Just pencil in the name of the player and the club and send it to the Daily Mail.

Our next signing will be trotting out exactly the same sh*te.

I'm 46 but have the mental age of an 18 month old badger cub.

As badger boars are sexually active from as early as 12 months, I am not sure that I would call an 18 month old one a cub.

Right - best go get my coat.

And it also says that Koeman is **** and not a patch on Rodgers.

The former Reading reserves player will no doubt have special insights that wont have occurred to a current England international who has been coached for the past year by three other former internationals.

This.

It can only be the money, Liverpool finish one place ahead last season. Hope he enjoys his time up there, Liverpool with the wind blowing off the Irish Sea in the winter too bloody cold!

Lets move on, Clyne is gone and replaces with Soares. We can't match the wages that LalLamLoverpool are offering. But lets go get Toby signed and focus on that. We do have a much better manager with a record of winning silverware, Has Brenda ever won anything?

Clyne: "Rodgers told me he can do one-on-ones with me if it helps and do individual training sessions. I'm looking forward to it."

CI07xa0WwAECKP-.jpg:large

What a ****! Rodgers played southern League for Newport IOW, Koeman was one of the best defenders in the world playing for Barcelona. He hasn't taught his defenders how to defend up to now and I can't see it happening with Clyne either.

That seems to be the worse part of that sentence, acting as if liverpool are in someway greater than England

To be honest **** him, let's move on. A right back doesn't make a team and unlike Schneiderlin, Clyne is replaceable in the same way Shaw is. Even putting my hatred of them to one side, I simply cannot see Liverpool finishing in the top 4 next season. Now let's move on and get behind our team, as there seems to be more Liverpool related threads on this forum than Saints ones.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

If he seriously thinks Brenda will make him a better player and that he will learn more than he would under Koeman then he is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Money talks, it also makes you look a complete cock as well !

Exactly.

Players come, players go.

On the whole he was an excellent buy for us. Pity we won't get to see him play for us in his prime but he did a great job while he was here. Give it a couple of seasons and he'll be leaving Liverpool for a better club.