Rodriguez has returned - BREAKING: NEW CONTRACT SIGNED

Saint-Armstrong

I get your point, but if we did not rehabilitate him, he would be worth nowt. Morally, I would suggest that he should stay, even if just for a season.

If he got injured playing darts in a bar or something, I would agree with you. But he got injured playing for us. The moral obligation runs from Southampton FC to him not the other way around.

If he got injured playing darts in a bar or something, I would agree with you. But he got injured playing for us. The moral obligation runs from Southampton FC to him not the other way around.

Fair point. Though I don't think its all one way traffic. Be a nice story for both parties if he signs a new one, plays another season, goes for a fortune. smiles all round.

I get your point, but if we did not rehabilitate him, he would be worth nowt. Morally, I would suggest that he should stay, even if just for a season.

I think it has been established beyond reasonable doubt that morality has no place in modern football. For what little my opinion is worth, I'd like to think jrod might wish to continue his career with the club that paid his wages for a year while he was out injured and got him fit again. But I'm not holding my breath.

I personally think he'll be here next year. Not sure why but that's how I feel.

Still think the severity of his injury has been underplayed in terms of a new club buying him. I cannot see any top Premier League club buying him unless (a) he becomes available at a ridiculously cheap price or (b) he proves his fitness again.

Time will tell!

I think it has been established beyond reasonable doubt that morality has no place in modern football. For what little my opinion is worth, I'd like to think jrod might wish to continue his career with the club that paid his wages for a year while he was out injured and got him fit again. But I'm not holding my breath.

That's true and that is why we were wrong in 2004 to NOT appoint the best candidate for SFC.

Why you guys do not create a proper, structured forum with every player having its own thread, transfers would have another, matchday build up another. This is very unfriendly forum for guests like me lol, I get lost, thats just a mess. A thread because a player gets back to training? Or why a player was left on the bench? lord oh lord, Just look at how it has to be done: http://forum.juventuz.org/forum.php

Why you guys do not create a proper, structured forum with every player having its own thread, transfers would have another, matchday build up another. This is very unfriendly forum for guests like me lol, I get lost, thats just a mess. A thread because a player gets back to training? Or why a player was left on the bench? lord oh lord, Just look at how it has to be done: http://forum.juventuz.org/forum.php

We organise it like yours and the mods will be asking for a tenner! ;)

However, it could be worse: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/forums/pure-football.86/

Sunderland's forum is all over the place lol.

Nah. Far too sensible and structured. Haven't you read the posters on here? They wouldn't have a clue. And, as was said above, it would take a lot of tech...sorry, tenners.

Lost and bewildered? Confused and exasperated?

Please visit The Muppet Show before it all becomes too much.

Ma cazzo! E tutto in inglese, non si capisce nulla! ;)

Because that looks sh*t and I don't even know where to begin with it. Who has the time to read through hundreds of pages about 1 bloody player?

Because that looks sh*t and I don't even know where to begin with it. Who has the time to read through hundreds of pages about 1 bloody player?

Quite agree. Ever visited RAWK? It's the most difficult forum to navigate ever created.

Forums nested within forums, hundreds of obsolete fan group sticky threads to wade through on the home page, surprised anybody bothers.

The forum I quite like the look of is (dare I say it) the fighting cock, simple to read layout, and I like the custom smilies. Shame about the posters and content though!

Let's see if he can get back to form first.

Glad he's back but that's not even half the battle

Trouble is that he's going to be in the final year of his contract next season.

Imagine if he hits form next season but rejects a new contract and leaves to join Spurs on a free next Summer. :uhoh:

Trouble is that he's going to be in the final year of his contract next season.

Imagine if he hits form next season but rejects a new contract and leaves to join Spurs on a free next Summer. :uhoh:

but looking at it the other way, imagine us giving him a bumper 5 year deal and him turning out to no get anywhere near the form he had...

The Rod's Dad just retweeted an article saying City are keeping tabs on Spurs target Jay Rodriguez.

Despite what Koeman said I can't see much other than him moving on.

His camp seem to have been happy to have his name mentioned with other clubs pretty much all the time he was out injured. Canny operators.

What club is going to pay £20m for a player out all season with an injury and out of contract in 12 months?

Seriously?

If he was a decent human being, he would sign a 2 year extension and stay for the next season. After getting paid mental money for doing nothing for over a year

Edited by Batman

The Rod's Dad just retweeted an article saying City are keeping tabs on Spurs target Jay Rodriguez.

His camp seem to have been happy to have his name mentioned with other clubs pretty much all the time he was out injured. Canny operators.

I really wish Dads would keep their opinions silent on these matters....

Deal ! Without doubt.

i still cling to the hope he is a decent guy who feels he owes the club who have nursed him back from serious injury at least another season. But that hope fades reading stuff like this.

I'd look at it more as we owed him - after all, he was playing for us when he got injured. If I got injured at work and was unable to return for a year, I'd take their money and then continue looking for a better job that pays more.

I'd look at it more as we owed him - after all, he was playing for us when he got injured. If I got injured at work and was unable to return for a year, I'd take their money and then continue looking for a better job that pays more.

Surely, being a professional footballer. His injury is an accepted risk of the trade?

His silence is so deafening that I doubt he wants to stay.

His agents have clearly been busy planting stories in the press. He has always seemed quite a sensitive player mentally IMO and I'm not sure at this stage in his career a move to a big club would be in his best interests. Could ruin him (if not already ruined).

I think that it is best for his career that he signs a new deal and sticks around for at least 1 season, there is no way that we can let him run out his contract.

If he pushes for a move this summer, he has been incredibly badly advised. He'd be ruined as a player, another Rodwell or Sinclair in the making. - although sinclair seems to be making an attempt to get back on track after 3 years of zilch. Also his reputation would be in tatters - let the club get you fit for a year, rake home the money, and never play for them again as you want to leave after all their help.

Think we are the safety bird for Jay Rod while he is eyeing up that stunning beauty who may or may not make his night, if the lights go up at 2am and he has failed then he is off back to his safety bird.

Spurs a stunning beauty? :scared: More like an ugly cow but with lots of money.

What club is going to pay £20m for a player out all season with an injury and out of contract in 12 months?

Seriously?

If he was a decent human being, he would sign a 2 year extension and stay for the next season. After getting paid mental money for doing nothing for over a year

A mega rich Man City needing to buy home based players for domestic and European registration due to only having 2 left in the summer (Joe Hart and Richard Wright)

Richards, Sinclair, Lampard won't be there next season and Milner might not be there next season

I'll assume they'll renew Wright's contract for being an all important home grown player as well as 3rd choice goal keeper that never plays

Funny thing is if he does go to City he'll be getting paid even more money to do nothing for even more years :lol:

My mate even suggested they'll try and get Bertrand! Just trying to wind me up I think

Edited by Saint IQ

I thought he was supposed to be training with the first team this week?

That's what they tell the children !! Really doubt if we'll see him in action again this season, things seem to have not progressed as planned, unless of course he was off visiting the facilities at Manchester City or wherever it's supposed to be today. Time seems to be drawing on for him though, maybe next season.

That's what they tell the children !! Really doubt if we'll see him in action again this season, things seem to have not progressed as planned, unless of course he was off visiting the facilities at Manchester City or wherever it's supposed to be today. Time seems to be drawing on for him though, maybe next season.

I suspect if he can run and we've got nothing to play for in the last match he'll get 5 minutes in injury time at the Etihad. Of course, Saints being Saints we'll probably have to use the third sub before that, like when Le Tiss didn't get his Premier League goodbye.

Many players are linked with many clubs all of the time. The bloke has not kicked a ball in anger for a year. Until he proves his fitness a club would be barking mad to buy him.

Many players are linked with many clubs all of the time. The bloke has not kicked a ball in anger for a year. Until he proves his fitness a club would be barking mad to buy him.

I've seen stranger things. Man City in particular need to add English players to their squad, as they're short at the mo. I think they've resigned Richard Wright as 1051205350th choice keeper, just so they have an english name on their squad list. What with Milner not signing a new deal yet, Sinclair off in the summer, Richards out of contract, Dedrik Boyata too....they are in desperate need to add English names. Not that they'll play them, just so they'll be able to submit a squad list.

It'll be exactly like Rodwell and Sinclair all over again. They were never signed by City to be anything other than squad fillers to ensure they met the requirements. As much as the FA PL think this is helping, along with FFP, it's just creating an even more ****ty situation.

If Jay does go, then he is a complete and utter idiot who has just ****ed his career down the drain. But at least he'll have some extra $$$

I've seen stranger things. Man City in particular need to add English players to their squad, as they're short at the mo. I think they've resigned Richard Wright as 1051205350th choice keeper, just so they have an english name on their squad list. What with Milner not signing a new deal yet, Sinclair off in the summer, Richards out of contract, Dedrik Boyata too....they are in desperate need to add English names. Not that they'll play them, just so they'll be able to submit a squad list.

It'll be exactly like Rodwell and Sinclair all over again. They were never signed by City to be anything other than squad fillers to ensure they met the requirements. As much as the FA PL think this is helping, along with FFP, it's just creating an even more ****ty situation.

If Jay does go, then he is a complete and utter idiot who has just ****ed his career down the drain. But at least he'll have some extra $$$

If it is just for roster purposes they could just buy a couple of cheap league two English players rather than pay saints a lot more for a player they have no intention of playing. Bet pompey would sell them some of their "star" players for a few hundred thousand.