Rodriguez has returned - BREAKING: NEW CONTRACT SIGNED

Saint-Armstrong

Excellent news. Hopefully he can find his form again. Hoping people give him time, he was very much a confidence player and was frustrating at first, it took him quite a while to get into any real goalscoring form but was brilliant when he got going.

Absolutely brilliant news and changes so much for the club's future. Seems like a huge black cloud has been lifted and brilliant rays of sunshine have appeared.

Congratulations to Jay and to the Club.:)

Even if we lose a few i'd think Mane and J-Rod as the wide attacking midfielders will be great next year - if we could get Tadic back to where he was at the start of the year or find a real no 10 type , plus add a striker with movement such as Austin or Bamford then BOOM !

Probably, but you'll still get the usual ''Oh he only signed because he was injured and we had no real competition'.

Yep. I'll wait until Clyne or Morgan or someone of that ilk sign before we can remove that tag.

Anyway, let's hope he hasn't lost too much with the injury. He'll be a vital player for us next year if fit.

Hopefully it's not the same situation as it was for Shaw where he signed and left anyway...albeit for £30m.

Aside from that, really nice to have him sign!

That wasn't the same situation at all. He signed a new deal in the summer of 2013, and left in the summer of 2014. So we had another year, on a bigger contract, which allowed us to sell him for a much bigger fee.

Whatever happens in a years time, we're in a much stronger position.

Clyne up next followed by Morgan and Victor signing new 5 years contracts...........:D

I'd just be happy with Wanyama in all honesty. I'm already resigned to losing the other two and i think the money we'll get from them will drastically improve out squad.

Very little I expect, he's got his contract, he must have kind of got used to limited playing time and no other bunch of fools are going to give us anywhere near 12 million £ for him so it must be carry on as you were.

I'd sell him for half of that TBH.

Well you obviously haven't been listening to the forum experts today then, apparently he's just what we need for some reason or other, something about one cross that landed on Pellè's head against Spurs defence, one of the worst in the PL might I add and certainly the worst in the top half of the league. .

Bit of a gamble as we don't know if he will be the same player as before he got injured. So many players get that and are never the same after. Personally I would of waited until next season, see how he get's on in pre-season and the early games. If he does well and looks like he is over the injuries sign him up. To give someone a new deal and presumably a pay rise when they haven't played for over 14 months seems a bit crazy to me.

If he get's back to himself then its a great signing. But if he doesn't we have wasted money. Hence why it is a gamble imo. Fingers crossed it pays off as he is exactly the type of player we have been missing.

Bit of a gamble as we don't know if he will be the same player as before he got injured. So many players get that and are never the same after. Personally I would of waited until next season, see how he get's on in pre-season and the early games. If he does well and looks like he is over the injuries sign him up. To give someone a new deal and presumably a pay rise when they haven't played for over 14 months seems a bit crazy to me.

If he get's back to himself then its a great signing. But if he doesn't we have wasted money. Hence why it is a gamble imo. Fingers crossed it pays off as he is exactly the type of player we have been missing.

We'll have to see, Jay was all about pace, if he's lost only a fraction of it he may be diminished somewhat. No reason for him

to have lost anything really.

leave off, Shane guarantees us 4-6 goals per season, if we could get another 20 like him we'd be set for a title push next season imo :thumbup:

Edit: Good news bout Jay I've always like jay i always thought the rumours of him leaving this year was bull :thumbup:

I very much hope this doesn't stop us looking for the kind of forward players we need. Really can't rely on him being anywhere near what he was (in my opinion).

So why offer him a FOUR YEAR DEAL? He's fine, if there was any doubt he wouldn't have been offered it in the first place, pretty sure we'd already fulfilled our last contractual obligation to give him a new deal a year ago, and that isn't the contract he signed.

So why offer him a FOUR YEAR DEAL? He's fine, if there was any doubt he wouldn't have been offered it in the first place, pretty sure we'd already fulfilled our last contractual obligation to give him a new deal a year ago, and that isn't the contract he signed.

Well it's just a 3 year extension really(time wise that is), I'm sure he'll be just great anyway. To me he just can't be much worse than anything that we have already, he's quick and brave and doesn't spend all afty on his arse appealing to the ref. In fact he even scored sat on the ground last season.

Lol, so if we hadn't signed him up all we'd have seen on here would have been - ''Bad news, club can't keep anyone, we're going down, we're not showing any ambition''

And as he has signed up, we hear (probably from the people who'd have said the above, I might add): '' This is a gamble / I would have waited / hope we don't stop looking for another player / We can't rely on him anymore / Doesn't mean much with him extending his deal''

Couldn't make it up, this place is classic sometimes.

Well this is a surprise. I just heard on TalkSport and was whooping in the car on the way home.

If he returns as good as he was, this is a cracking bit of news, and it also could symbolise to Clyne etc that Saints is the place to be.