Gaston Ramirez

Dalek2003

We will never know, but I am confident Gash has cost us a whole lot more, since he has hung around the club like a rotten fart for years.

Switch a few words around and I think this works for you...

We will never know, but I am confident I have cost us a whole lot of wasted time reading my negative drivel, since I have hung around this forum like a rotten fart for years.

It really is painful to read your posts of the last 10 years. Cheer up ffs Alpine.

I wish he'd just p*ss off.

Most expensive mistake in Saints history.

Maybe not the most expensive, but Delgado must have been the biggest mistake. The hype was ridiculous and he really couldn't be bothered. At least Ramirez seemed to try. Happy memories of WGS when asked about Delgado, replying that he had a yoghurt about to expire and that was a bigger worry. About 40 seconds in.

Never seen him not try. He's never been a lazy player whether on form on not.

Do you still think he has something to offer our first team? You are in a vast minority if so. It's bizarre the way you refuse to write him off when it's so blatantly obvious he will never cut it for us. Yet Players like Long who have contributed 5 times what Gaston has over the last couple of years still get larger negative comments from you.

Footballers should have a clause in the contract that if they don't make the match day squad their wages are reduced that week.

I'm guessing that's why you get basic wage, and then add ons for apperances, goals etc.

So I would imagine the total sum of Gaston's contract, including all the clauses, would have been a meaty amount - but his basic wage without any clauses was probably modest.

I'm guessing that's why you get basic wage, and then add ons for apperances, goals etc.

So I would imagine the total sum of Gaston's contract, including all the clauses, would have been a meaty amount - but his basic wage without any clauses was probably modest.

I wouldn't presume a player bought for £12m+ signs a contract with a newly promoted club where he isn't guaranteed a very good basic wage. Had he been on a modest amount he wouldn't be at the club right now.

What makes anyone think we are going to sell Ramirez? He is out of contract in June, he is free to talk to other clubs now, if someone is willing to sign him then he will probably go with no fee, and no paying up his contract.

I didn't say that it's a quote from an artcle that i was discrediting.

Another detailed article in the Bologna paper today - http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/bologna/bologna-pandev-ramirez-1.1661152. Basically, if I have understood the text correctly, the club remain unwilling to alter their offer. Gaston's agent has returned to Italy today but had not moved his position either. It suggests unless there is any movement, either Gaston will see his Saints contract out, or he will have to look at the other offers (no mention of 'Boro or Swansea). Bologna are looking at other options. Another piece yesterday explained that Bologna's offer was final because Gaston's career had gone backwards at Saints, including the Hull loan. No idea about the veracity of any of this, though it sounds as if the journo spends his time buying lunches for Bologna's equivalent of Les Reed.

So it looks like this ridiculously over paid flop , is hanging out for more money rather than a move to further his career . Doesn't quite tie in with the Gastonettes assertion that he really tries hard & is clearly talented . He's been nicking a living off us for years & thankfully we only have 6 more months to put up with the useless lump . Why doesn't he sign for them with a clause to double his money based on certain criteria ? After all , the Gastonettes keep telling us that he's suited to the Italian game .

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

He's one of the biggest disappointments I've ever had whilst supporting Saints. Having seen a fair bit of him the season before we got him I was ****ing buzzing. Thought we had a lad who would go on to become a genuine world class player. Really don't know whats happened to him. He's got all the tools to be able to succeed but he's been a major flop :(:(

So it looks like this ridiculously over paid flop , is hanging out for more money rather than a move to further his career . Doesn't quite tie in with the Gastonettes assertion that he really tries hard & is clearly talented . He's been nicking a living off us for years & thankfully we only have 6 more months to put up with the useless lump . Why doesn't he sign for them with a clause to double his money based on certain criteria ? After all , the Gastonettes keep telling us that he's suited to the Italian game .

This. Was far more interested in sponging off us while taking ridiculously long to recover from trips to play for Uruguay.

We didnt pay Osvaldo for 5 years.

And we won't Gaston either as he had a four year deal. Also convenient to forget we got loan fee and wages by Hull last year.

Lad has talent, just a shame I don't think he will ever realise it now- with us or anyone else.

Clearly the answer is that Saints should lead the way by insisting all players move to zero hour contracts - it's the only way to ensure that we don't end up with a squad full of reprobate spongers.

Or Gaston for that matter he's been here for 3 years and 5 months, with 12 months at hull in between.

He was at Hull a bit less than 12 months if we are being pedantic. September to June would probably count as 10, seem to recall he was actually back with us before the end of last season.

Oh dear. The clutching at straws on here trying to reduce the apparent magnitude of the total utter waste of f**king time this individual has been, is kind of sad..

Nobody is really contesting that he hasn't provided a good return on investment for the club. All I'm querying is why you're blaming him for it? As far as I can see, he has a contract, the club have never complained about his conduct - either directly, or by leaking stories - and both parties are honoring their agreement. Isn't that a good thing? Isn't that what everyone bleats on about whenever a player tries to force a move away?

Basically, you have to choose: you can either whine about players who don't honor their contracts by trying to leave, or you can whine about players you want gone who elect to stay - but it's hypocrisy to do both.

It hasn't worked out for Gaston, but Saints took the risk. Mistakes in football cost money, but please don't blame Gaston, he wanted to be a huge success, but it didn't happen.

He knows he's not wanted by Saints, but he has until the end of the window to negotiate or maybe he wishes to wait until the Summer.

He's doing nothing more than we all would do in his position. His family is also probably settled in Southampton.

Nobody is really contesting that he hasn't provided a good return on investment for the club. All I'm querying is why you're blaming him for it? As far as I can see, he has a contract, the club have never complained about his conduct - either directly, or by leaking stories - and both parties are honoring their agreement. Isn't that a good thing? Isn't that what everyone bleats on about whenever a player tries to force a move away?

Basically, you have to choose: you can either whine about players who don't honor their contracts by trying to leave, or you can whine about players you want gone who elect to stay - but it's hypocrisy to do both.

Fair point. He hasn't worked out, which is a shame, and almost certainly not what he would have chosen.

This. Gaston has done nothing wrong, it was Cortese that gave him a stupid contract and Gaston has simply honoured it.

Only one person to blame for the Gaston and Osvaldo debacles, and that is Nicola Cortese

That's a hell of a lot longer than anyone in their right mind would ever want to spend there.

This is true, we should all have a great deal of sympathy with Gaston and the trauma he must have suffered living in Hull. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, not even Gaston's mate Alpine. Hull City of Culture 2017.

[OK, confess I have never been to Kingston upon Hull, went very near it once when we crossed the Humber Bridge]

Oh dear. The clutching at straws on here trying to reduce the apparent magnitude of the total utter waste of f**king time this individual has been, is kind of sad..

if we are talking of someone being an utter waste of time then maybe you should consider changing your username to Gaston Saint.

I wish he wouldn't sign for another English club, especially a Championship one. He's clearly not suited to the EPL, yet is definitely a talented player who will do well in the right league. If he went abroad, Italy again maybe, he could play in their highest league and would do well. Sticking in England means he'll be warming the bench of an EPL club or playing in the second tier. Seems a waste.