Gaston Ramirez

Dalek2003

Boro fans loving him ! "And Ramirez. Wow. What an absolute signing this guy is already turning out to be. I can't stop watching his goal. It's like time just froze as the ball came to him, he had all the time in the world just to take that down, square up his body and place it right into the top corner. He was running at players, getting himself involved, looking for the killer pass. He won a penalty in which he forced the defender into a stupid tackle as a last ditch attempt or he had a clear sight of goal."

And that's why he's not a consistent enough Prem player - because he needs it. Glad he's getting a game, but he's not good enough at the moment to play for Saints regularly.

With the new TV deal if Boro get promoted and want to keep him I'd be surprised if they couldn't outbid anyone who would realistically want him in Italy or Spain wages-wise...

Quite, people don't seem to have grasped how much the new Prem tv deal gives PL clubs compared to all but the most successful continental European sides.

Boro fans loving him ! "And Ramirez. Wow. What an absolute signing this guy is already turning out to be. I can't stop watching his goal. It's like time just froze as the ball came to him, he had all the time in the world just to take that down, square up his body and place it right into the top corner. He was running at players, getting himself involved, looking for the killer pass. He won a penalty in which he forced the defender into a stupid tackle as a last ditch attempt or he had a clear sight of goal."

He doesn't get that time in the prem and there in lies the problem

And that's why he's not a consistent enough Prem player - because he needs it. Glad he's getting a game, but he's not good enough at the moment to play for Saints regularly.

I think that the original boro poster was implying that he made it LOOK like he had all the time in the world."It was like time just froze" might have given you a clue on that. Perhaps he is now playing for a coach that knows how to use him. Only time will tell.

Edited by St_Tel49

I think that the original boro poster was implying that he made it LOOK like he had all the time in the world."It was like time just froze" might have given you a clue on that. Perhaps he is now playing for a coach that knows how to use him. Only time will tell.

Jesus Christ, he isn't good enough for the Prem. Billy Sharp looked good for us in the Championship and scored plenty of goals at that level. Not sure why people think Gaston is a special case just because he's foreign and came with a big billing. The fact he was pretty poor for Hull last year, to the point that he ended up on the bench, should hint to you that he's clearly not suited to the Prem.

Playing well tonight. Good goal

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

My mate who's a Boro season ticket holder recons Gaston has been running nearly every game he's played in so far , That goal takes Boro top!

Commentary from the BBC "Wow. What. A. Goal.*Gaston Ramirez*strolls through the Wolves defence far too easily, plays a clever one-two with George Friend and curls a lovely ball into the back of Carl Ikeme's net.

That is quite a finish."

If only the 3 Saints managers had realised what a talent they ignored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to show the benefit of a decent run in the team.

He was a bit unlucky with injury and never really suited our style.

Commentary from the BBC "Wow. What. A. Goal.*Gaston Ramirez*strolls through the Wolves defence far too easily, plays a clever one-two with George Friend and curls a lovely ball into the back of Carl Ikeme's net.

That is quite a finish."

It's the Championship he can't hack it in The Prem. Doesn't get same space and time.

Starting to show the benefit of a decent run in the team.

He was a bit unlucky with injury and never really suited our style.

You can say unlucky......our team at Staplewood may call that differently.

He didn't get a run because he was **** even at Hull!!!

It's the Championship he can't hack it in The Prem. Doesn't get same space and time.

Not saying he is good in the PL but isn't it often said you get more space and time in the PL than the Championship which is more in your face and aggressive?

Often a player clicks at a certain club at a certain time

Be interesting how he gets on should boro go up and he stays, compared to our first year back up. He did well that season IMO

Pretty crap there after. Much of that is because he is in no way a Poch type of player.

Often a player clicks at a certain club at a certain time

Be interesting how he gets on should boro go up and he stays, compared to our first year back up. He did well that season IMO

Pretty crap there after. Much of that is because he is in no way a Poch type of player.

Or Adkins, Koeman or Bruce have a search back on Koemans statements on him. He couldn't be arsed yet now he is playing for a contract or back to Bologna on half the money.

What I don't get is how is lauded on here by some as "always showing great effort when he's played" or "you can never fault his effort". Err what? When was all this effort? As far as I can he's sat on his Arse for 60k per week, consistently performed way below his maximum for 2-3 years......but yet still seen as under appreciated by many on here.

Is it because he's always compared to Osvaldo, who was without one of the biggest ****s in world football thus making Gaston look like an absolute grafter in comparison? I honestly don't get it.

Not too late to offer him an extension. If Koeman goes in the summer (in the event he doesn t want to commit further) , why not give him a new lease of life here. Majority of the time its a confidence thing, he had less game time here, couldn t contribute as his confidence was low.

So to be clear every time he pulled on a Saints shirt I had great expectations and cheered him to do well. He let us down couldn't be bothered. Feigned injuries etc yes he looks good in Champ but why????

I find it bizarre how excited people get when he's playing against players everyone knows he's supposed to be MUCH better than anyway.

Not too late to offer him an extension. If Koeman goes in the summer (in the event he doesn t want to commit further) , why not give him a new lease of life here. Majority of the time its a confidence thing, he had less game time here, couldn t contribute as his confidence was low.

Yep, I'd offer him an extension. Great idea after years of doing nothing in the premiership I'd definitely tie the club down to another year or 2 of 60k a week on the back of 2 goals at a level lower than what would be required for us.

Yep, I'd offer him an extension. Great idea after years of doing nothing in the premiership I'd definitely tie the club down to another year or 2 of 60k a week on the back of 2 goals at a level lower than what would be required for us.

To be fair it'll probably take him another 10 years on the slippery slope until he ends up in Scotland.

To be fair it'll probably take him another 10 years on the slippery slope until he ends up in Scotland.

Haha I knew the moment I put that, someone would pick up on it. Genuine error but no edit feature unless I sign up and pay the fiver! Too tight for that

Some of the comments are so annoying when Gaston has a good game. :lol:

Lets be honest, any player can have a good game. Cook was brilliant for Bournemouth against us, but in general he's an average player. Gaston played very well last night but for anyone watching the game you'd have seen that he was allowed far too much time on the ball to turn and make a decision, time that he never did and never would get in the PL. He's a very good player and a talent for sure but he is useless against a team who press and in a league where he can't stroll about a bit. (although he did put in a shift last night tbf but was knackered and subbed at the end)

I wish people would stop moaning when he has a good game elsewhere tbh. He's not suited to our league at all, proven even more so when he failed massively to make an impact at Hull.

Good luck to the lad, but I hope some of our fans get over him soon. ;)

Jesus H Christ.

Why don't we find ten other players that have managed to score three goals in the second tier and offer them contracts too.

I wish, as much as anyone, that GR had worked out. But if this is a serious suggestion you need your head read.

What we need is a truly objective view of Gaston on here. Alpine?

lol. I can't wait. I think it is just nice to see at least one player leaving Saints and actually benefiting (other than financially). Well done Gaston. If you do get promoted, I suspect you will get a good reception back here next season. But please don't score....

lol. I can't wait. I think it is just nice to see at least one player leaving Saints and actually benefiting (other than financially). Well done Gaston. If you do get promoted, I suspect you will get a good reception back here next season. But please don't score....

I agree and wish him all the best. It wasn't his fault that it didn't work out for him here. I don't believe that he was lazy or that he feigned injury. He just wasn't suited to our style and possibly not the Premiership either. He isn't the first and wont be the last. He can play though and it is good to see him getting games and being appreciated.

The last couple of pages of this thread remind me of a Jasper Carrot joke.

He once said he wouldnt like to survive a nuclear war because he couldnt stand the prospect of CND protesters running round saying "TOLD YOU SO !!!"

Gashton failed spectacularly to convince 3 Saints managers and the Hull City manager of his ability / suitability to play at PL level and in their systems. End of.

I agree and wish him all the best. It wasn't his fault that it didn't work out for him here.

**** me , of corse it was his fault . Who else was at fault ? He is not good enough . End of, it's nobody else fault . He wasn't given the rough end of the stick , he wasn't left out for political or any other reason . He is not good enough , that's it .

It is nobody else's fault .

**** me , of corse it was his fault . Who else was at fault ? He is not good enough . End of, it's nobody else fault . He wasn't given the rough end of the stick , he wasn't left out for political or any other reason . He is not good enough , that's it .

It is nobody else's fault .

It's not his fault he's not good enough is it.

I agree and wish him all the best. It wasn't his fault that it didn't work out for him here. I don't believe that he was lazy or that he feigned injury. He just wasn't suited to our style and possibly not the Premiership either. He isn't the first and wont be the last. He can play though and it is good to see him getting games and being appreciated.

W...T....F...........

He couldnt hack it for us, so took ages to recover from "injury", then made a miraculous recovery everytime there was a game in Montevideo so much so that he was training and playing within a couple of days of flying there, but bizarrely needed 2 months everytime he came back.

F**k off with the bullshine that it wasnt his fault. He's been the biggest waste of money in Saints history (not corrected for inflation..)