Gaston Ramirez

Dalek2003

Heard from another players parent.. But yeah... My reaction was kind of similar. Seems very odd...

Just thought I'd post though, might be interesting to some.

You get told a lot by "another players parent" !?

Heard over the weekend that we offered gaston a new 2 year deal before he went on loan to Boro.

Him and his agent declined, but now he's going to struggle to get his work permit renewed or something along those lines as he hasn't played enough games for

Gaston and his agent have both come running back with tail between their legs but the club having none of it.

Trust me RK has never rated him from day 1 and neither has Les reed so someone's stringing you along

Why do people still think he could do a job for us? I watch him from time to time when there is nothing else on as he is still our player (just) and am interested to see how he get's on, but no way do I want him back. We've all waited and waited for him to come good, and he hasn't. If people want to look at things, look at his time at Hull. Squad: 25, Starting eleven: 11, Substituted in: 11, On the bench: 3, Suspended: 3, Injured: 4. Played a total of 984 minutes with 1 goal and 3 assists. For a play maker (and a bit of a luxury one) that really isn't good enough. His 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games (774 minutes) for Boro shows that he is doing well at this level, even with some mediocre performances.

Trust me RK has never rated him from day 1 and neither has Les reed so someone's stringing you along

Not sure where you heard this. RK rates him. He didn't want to loan him to Hull last season.

Not sure where you heard this. RK rates him. He didn't want to loan him to Hull last season.

So why was he loaned to Hull? And also, why was is he on loan at Boro?

'He is not in the plans for the future of the club.' - RK. Are those really the words of someone who rates him?

For what reasons?

That's where my asthma started. Never had a problem before, 48 hours in hong kong did the job beautifully, hacking like a 60 a day man until we escaped to bali a week later. The hotel had to get the doctor out and give me oxygen.

Edited by scotty

You get told a lot by "another players parent" !?

Haha does seem that way doesn't it? It was all within the same conversation. This persons family are honestly the most honest people, and nicest you'll know. I see no reason as to why they'd lie, but who knows? Be interesting to see what happens come the summer.

That'll keep this thread going for another month..........shall we list all the players who score dozens of goals in the championship who aren't good enough for the Prem? Because, based on his playing history, that's exactly the basic description of Gaston.

Kyle Lafferty scored tonight. So did Lewis Dunk. Can someone please start threads about how brilliant these players would be if only they'd had a chance in the Premier League.

Kyle Lafferty's going to be tearing up the Euros in the summer, you won't see Gaston doing THAT. ;)

If Gaston has become their best player and they are eulogising about him (which they are), then that rather says a lot about Boro and the standard of opposition in the Championship. I've seen comments like "Saints must be scratching their balls" etc and that Boro should sign him up ASAP. They seem not to be asking why he is on loan. He's doing well and has scored against Cardiff, Wolves, QPR and Huddersfield but that's not exactly your typical Premier League team.

Think he is more than capable of doing a job for us, certainly not a lot between him and Tadic.

His biggest problem was his wages, we can't afford to have a squad player on £65k/week.

He's capable, he showed it in his first season with us, however it hasn't worked for him here. He didn't fit Pochettino's system. Given a chance I think he could do well for us, but he's not going to be so lets move on.

Gaston's clearly a quality player, so not surprised he's scoring for fun in Championship.

Sadly it hasn't really worked for him at Saints and he definitely doesn't fit the way Saints play under Koeman, not Potchettino before him.

If he makes a success for himself at Middlesborough in the Prem next season i won't hold any grudges barring just hoping he doesn't score against us.

Gaston's clearly a quality player, so not surprised he's scoring for fun in Championship.

Sadly it hasn't really worked for him at Saints and he definitely doesn't fit the way Saints play under Koeman, not Potchettino before him.

If he makes a success for himself at Middlesborough in the Prem next season i won't hold any grudges barring just hoping he doesn't score against us.

Good summary. I only come on this thread because I was sorry it did not work out for him here (because of our formation / style under RK largely) and wish him all the luck in the world with Boro but I don't think for a moment it would be good to have him back. That said, if his Boro record was all we had to go on I have no doubt those writing him off would be rubbishing Tadic instead and saying Gaston is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at ;-)

Gaston's done nothing remotely comparable to Tadic in their respective time here.

they both scored 5 goals in their first seasons at the club. Gaston did it in less games.

you do talk some real twaddle some times

Gaston got 3 assists, Tadic 7

but yeah, nothing at all remotely comparable between the two

:lol:

Edited by Batman

they both scored 5 goals in their first seasons at the club. Gaston did it in less games.

you do talk some real twaddle some times

Gaston got 3 assists, Tadic 7

but yeah, nothing at all remotely comparable between the two

:lol:

I'll just gloss over the impact of Tadic's goals compared to Gaston's for your sake, but last season, his 5 goals were against Man U (A), Arsenal (H and A), Chelsea (A) and in the 8-0 against Sunderland. We won 4 of those matches, and drew the other away to the team that won the title. Every one of the six times he's scored this season we've won and not conceded a goal. In contrast, Gaston scored his goals in two defeats, two home draws and a win at home to Newcastle. The season after, one league goal in a defeat at Everton.

Tadic played in a side which qualified for Europe, Gaston one which finished in the bottom half. Not REALLY a comparable level of success.

Plus as you've said, Tadic had more than twice as many assists.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-riverside-stadium-huddersfield-town-3045456.aspx?

Clever turn from Gaston for the Pen, and nice free kick, second goal was very well finished after good work closing down....looks confident, good on him,

I always thought he wasn't physically strong enough but the Championship requires more physicality if anything.

Confidence really does seem an issue. Good to see him have it back. Maybe if he signs for them after they come up we'll see the real Gaston.

What's the excuses going to be next year if he playing in the prem?

We signed a player who at the time was one of the most exciting youngsters in world football and let him rot

Why didn't we try to get the best out of him. Players like ward prouse who only has a quarter of Ramirez football ability gets chance after chance whilst the blind supporters trash Ramirez for not being able to cut it whilst he's not getting game time.

Absolutely mental .

I'll just gloss over the impact of Tadic's goals compared to Gaston's for your sake, but last season, his 5 goals were against Man U (A), Arsenal (H and A), Chelsea (A) and in the 8-0 against Sunderland. We won 4 of those matches, and drew the other away to the team that won the title. Every one of the six times he's scored this season we've won and not conceded a goal. In contrast, Gaston scored his goals in two defeats, two home draws and a win at home to Newcastle. The season after, one league goal in a defeat at Everton.

Tadic played in a side which qualified for Europe, Gaston one which finished in the bottom half. Not REALLY a comparable level of success.

Oh come on. You can't blame Ramirez for scoring in a loss against say...QPR because Yoshida ended up falling over and allowing them to score.

And also LOL at you counting penalties and league cup goals in Tadic's tally. If things were reversed you'd have those fact up in big neon lights.

And finally, do you not see the contradiction in blaming Ramirez for not scoring important goals before then pointing out that he was playing in a far worse team that quite simply, lost more matches than the one Tadic has been playing in?

As I say, I'd have liked to see Ramirez get given a run of games but hey-ho. Pochettino and Koeman are the experts so I'm happy to defer to their opinion. Got nothing against Gaston though and wish him well.

Think we could do with him for a handful of games a season but for the 60k a week he's costing us it's not worth it and he hasn't been fit enough or consistent enough to justify a place in the starting 11.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he can still make a contribution for a team in the Premier League and it wouldn't surprise me if he does - he is clearly a very talented footballer.

I know one thing though - we'd be nicer to watch in the final third if he was still about.

Think we could do with him for a handful of games a season but for the 60k a week he's costing us it's not worth it and he hasn't been fit enough or consistent enough to justify a place in the starting 11.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he can still make a contribution for a team in the Premier League and it wouldn't surprise me if he does - he is clearly a very talented footballer.

I know one thing though - we'd be nicer to watch in the final third if he was still about.

That is of course assuming that he hasn't given away possession on the halfway line. :thumbup: