Breaking News: Fifa officials arrested.

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

The Italians are still smarting over the 2002 WC. TBH they probably have good reason to, but saying it was fixed - well, unless there is evidence, that is quite brave. Unless they want to be sued so that it can be decided in court. If FIFA take no legal action then it probably isn't libellous.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1884/north-america/2010/09/21/2130136/infamous-south-korea-italy-world-cup-2002-referee-byron

Surprise Surprise Blatter wins

time for UEFA to walk out if they have any balls

UEFA, with the US and the Aussies should walk.

And tell all those no mark tinpot associations like Chad, Gabon, Narnia and the Cook Islands to crack on chaps, you've got your precious Sepp. Good luck squeezing more money out of him from a World Cup without us.

Set up a world tournament for 2018 in Australia or USA, and fu ck the world cup off. Get Coke and Visa on board and Brazil and co would follow too.

And leave Sepp and his acolytes from Zaire, Westeros and Sudan to put on their own World Cup.

And tell all those no mark tinpot associations like Chad, Gabon, Narnia and the Cook Islands to crack on chaps, you've got your precious Sepp. Good luck squeezing more money out of him from a World Cup without us.

Set up a world tournament for 2018 in Australia or USA, and fu ck the world cup off. Get Coke and Visa on board and Brazil and co would follow too.

And leave Sepp and his acolytes from Zaire, Westeros and Sudan to put on their own World Cup.

This. Someone has to lead the walk out though... will take balls, but the moment the big boys pull out of it, everything else will follow. Other nations, sponsors etc. Please, please, can we do this...

This, time to form another world football organisation. UEFA and the U.S. only need to get Brazil and Argentina on side and the rest will follow.

This should happen - but I doubt it will.

This is spot on for me. **** em

Jellyfish Dyke has said the FA will do f*ck all on their own. Point of principle, it seems the FA themselves are more interested in money than the sport.

Not really. It would be idiotic to go it alone and would achieve nothing. They need cooperation from the rest of uefa to have any impact.

Not really. It would be idiotic to go it alone and would achieve nothing. They need cooperation from the rest of uefa to have any impact.

Why does everything have to be political? FIFA are gangsters, we should have nothing to do with them. If no-one else follows, f*ck them.

What more do they have to do for us to pull out. Mass genocide? Jellyfish Dyke still wouldn't have the balls.

So you don't actually want to see anything change at FIFA, just for the FA to make a gesture. Fair enough, that's clear.

Blatter wins. What great news. He will enact reforms, that is superb. Celebrations all round, let the bells ring out!

Because what now has to happen is that the rotten core has to be untangled. Lackeys will get instructions and the complex structures in place will need to be taken down.

And all the time, the FBI, NSA, Fraud Squad & GCHQ et al will all have wire taps and bugs everywhere.

The Lackeys will have read Jack Warners' words, they will know that if more sh1t hits the fan it will come their way not to Teflon Septic, some will be quietly fingered (on the collar unlike those already in the Jail Showers), it will only need one to turn and there will be plenty.

Meanwhile for FCPA & Corporate Governance Laws in the US, Teflon will still be the "Responsible Corporate Entity" which makes it easier to stick him with a low level but fatal dose of non-compliance.

Having Teflon Septic in the Chair is the best thing that could have happened if the World ever wants to nail HIM.

Meanwhile, Russia will go ahead, but it gives Septic the chance to show he has seen the error of his ways and negotiate a way out of the contract with Qatar, who promptly mail the FBI the bullets they need once the Yanks let them know they'd re-instate the contract under set conditions.

Yeah I watched the Lego Movie tonight, Cloud Cuckoo Land. However I DO believe that the only way they can nail Blatter is under US Compliance legislation, (or contempt of court) as with Al Capone, with Organised crime it matters not what you get them with, just that you get them

This.

CB Fry for FIFA president

So you don't actually want to see anything change at FIFA, just for the FA to make a gesture. Fair enough, that's clear.

I would prefer FIFA to run the sport properly and fairly. They don't. Us pulling out might accelerate the falling of the House of Cards. If it doesn't, then personally, I would prefer us to have no part of it.

I would prefer FIFA to run the sport properly and fairly. They don't. Us pulling out might accelerate the falling of the House of Cards. If it doesn't, then personally, I would prefer us to have no part of it.

Probably a good idea not to rant on about how other people "don't have the balls" etc when your recommended course of action is to run away from the problem at the first opportunity. Brave stuff.

FIFA has always been shіt hot at threatening immediate expulsion for any country where they deem government interference with football administration.

So we can expect them to expel USA and Switzerland any day now.

you admire blatter's balls.

he says he now forgives everyone who has shown hate towards him in the last week. Mainly European federations/associations

Nah soz mate I don't particularly admire Blatter's balls... :smug:

FIFA has always been shіt hot at threatening immediate expulsion for any country where they deem government interference with football administration.

So we can expect them to expel USA and Switzerland any day now.

Such actions would be consistent with FIFA statute 17-1 requiring that each member of FIFA " shall manage its affairs independently and with no influence from third parties." On the other hand, that provision can also be interpreted as not prohibiting governments from prosecuting people who work for FIFA members who break the law. I assume they are going to adopt this later reading. If FIFA were to threaten the USA with expulsion on these grounds, they would be committing a whole new crime--some variation of extortion or obstruction of justice or both--under American law and instead of just a few individuals all of FIFA could be held criminally responsible. I would be very surprised if Blatter thinks he would pay hardball (a baseball expression not a genitalia expression) with the US government like that.

Probably a good idea not to rant on about how other people "don't have the balls" etc when your recommended course of action is to run away from the problem at the first opportunity. Brave stuff.

Yeah so as he said, a gesture.

Pulling out of FIFA is tackling the problem head on, not running away, in my opinion.

Hypo, it's called having principles. Ask David Gill, he's got them, or was he just making a 'gesture' as well.

Pulling out of FIFA is tackling the problem head on, not running away, in my opinion.

Hypo, it's called having principles. Ask David Gill, he's got them, or was he just making a 'gesture' as well.

In what way does that tackle the problem? It would only tackle the problem if it made any sort of difference which quite obviously it wouldn't. Just say for a moment that England do what you say. We pull out of the world cup, the rest of the world laughs and then moves on without us. What then?

If the "problem" is England being in FIFA then yes your plan tackles that and no mistake.

If, as I believe, the problem is ever so slightly more complicated that that then it will remain entirely untackled.

Have a medal for being like the bestest at having "principles" and stuff, though.

He seems completely oblivious to all that is wrong with FIFA. I despair. It is 2015 and we have this buffoon and this bent and busted organisation running the biggest sport in the world. How does it happen in this day and age?

Democracy...that's how it happens. Promise enough to fools and they'll vote for you. You can be dishonest as you like but the

greed of simpletons will always get you where you want to go. No person with an IQ of less than say 90 should be allowed to vote for anything important.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Like PMQs, I would refer you to my earlier post.

Fifa is a discredited organisation, especially while Blatter is at the helm, and this scenario does seem tempting.

But you always have to be careful what you wish for.

Without the controlling hand of a global governing body, football will devolve into rich man's anarchy.

Pulling out of the World Cup or acting unilaterally will hand power to the clubs; club who do not like international matches or tournaments because they have to release their players for them.

If the countries affiliated to Uefa (and remember, Uefa is a confederation and while its members can form a voting block, Uefa itself has no votes at the Fifa table) pull out, Uefa will kow-tow to the powerful clubs who play in its prime competition - the Champions League.

Football will then be run by the most powerful clubs, for their own benefit and with the backing of TV to fund a Kerry Packer circus- style breakaway competition.

Would you like to take the risk that Saints will be one of top clubs on the inside of the tent peeing out, instead of on the outside of the tent trying to pee in?

Never mind, the billions of scarfers and shirt-buyers in the Far East will love it.

I don't agree. I don't think they will get rid of international matches.

So you're quite happy to participate in FIFA competitions that are run by corruption, dishonesty (Korea v Italy 2002, look it up) and naked greed.

Personally, I would rather we had nothing to do with it. Doing nothing just lets them carry on regardless.

Like PMQs, I would refer you to my earlier post.

Fifa is a discredited organisation, especially while Blatter is at the helm, and this scenario does seem tempting.

But you always have to be careful what you wish for.

Without the controlling hand of a global governing body, football will devolve into rich man's anarchy.

Pulling out of the World Cup or acting unilaterally will hand power to the clubs; club who do not like international matches or tournaments because they have to release their players for them.

If the countries affiliated to Uefa (and remember, Uefa is a confederation and while its members can form a voting block, Uefa itself has no votes at the Fifa table) pull out, Uefa will kow-tow to the powerful clubs who play in its prime competition - the Champions League.

Football will then be run by the most powerful clubs, for their own benefit and with the backing of TV to fund a Kerry Packer circus- style breakaway competition.

Would you like to take the risk that Saints will be one of top clubs on the inside of the tent peeing out, instead of on the outside of the tent trying to pee in?

Never mind, the billions of scarfers and shirt-buyers in the Far East will love it.

The idea that Blatter is our saviour is laughable.

So you're quite happy to participate in FIFA competitions that are run by corruption, dishonesty (Korea v Italy 2002, look it up) and naked greed.

Personally, I would rather we had nothing to do with it. Doing nothing just lets them carry on regardless.

When did I say do nothing? It is you suggesting that effectively we do nothing other than an utterly meaningless gesture that won't change a thing. I'm saying that we should do something meaningful along with other European nations. We should work on a coordinated boycott with others that would have an impact and would force change.

If the "problem" is England being in FIFA then yes your plan tackles that and no mistake.

If, as I believe, the problem is ever so slightly more complicated that that then it will remain entirely untackled.

Have a medal for being like the bestest at having "principles" and stuff, though.

Have a medal for being a sarcastic c*nt.