Breaking News: Fifa officials arrested.

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

When did I say do nothing? It is you suggesting that effectively we do nothing other than an utterly meaningless gesture that won't change a thing. I'm saying that we should do something meaningful along with other European nations. We should work on a coordinated boycott with others that would have an impact and would force change.

I absolutely agree with that 100%. It's what we do if that doesn't happen that I'm talking about.

So what so you propose then? You haven't answers the question. Say we pull out and then everyone shrugs their shoulders and carries on. Then what?

I'll be quite happy that we don't have anything to do with a corrupt FIFA. Wouldn't bother me one bit.

Jellyfish Dyke has said the FA will do f*ck all on their own. Point of principle, it seems the FA themselves are more interested in money than the sport.

He is right Independent action would encourage FIFA bans on players coming to the premier league and allow Spain Italy and others remaining in FIFA to displace us on worldwide TV this would effect the FA's own income and our domestic football would suffer. It is right that he remains careful and any action needs to be at least Europe wide to have any lasting effect.

Platini says that UEFA will decide what's to be done at their meeting on 6th June, day of the CL final.

Some member federations have apparently asked that UEFA quits FIFA. Don't know if there'll be a vote on it though, probably just discussions which will no doubt end up with the status quo being maintained.

Platini says that UEFA will decide what's to be done at their meeting on 6th June, day of the CL final.

Some member federations have apparently asked that UEFA quits FIFA. Don't know if there'll be a vote on it though, probably just discussions which will no doubt end up with the status quo being maintained.

UEFA can't boycott as a whole. Next world cup is in Russia, Spain voted for blatter and I am sure I have read that France did too.

such a shame

UEFA can't boycott as a whole. Next world cup is in Russia, Spain voted for blatter and I am sure I have read that France did too.

such a shame

Indeed they did, then again Prince Ali wasn't any sort of alternative really, I mean a Jordanian prince in charge of world football....Even Blatter was probably the better choice.

Indeed they did, then again Prince Ali wasn't any sort of alternative really, I mean a Jordanian prince in charge of world football....Even Blatter was probably the better choice.

Why exactly? Have you seen the ideas he wanted to implement? He would have been excellent for football.

Because the majority of people who voted for him were Asian and African and blatter has given them a load of cash which are effectively legal bribes to continue to vote for him.

Beat me to it! Spot on Hypo. It would have been like turkeys voting for Christmas if they'd turned on Uncle Joseph....

Because the majority of people who voted for him were Asian and African and blatter has given them a load of cash which are effectively legal bribes to continue to vote for him.

Isn't Prince Ali the VP of the Asian federation, you'd think his own people would vote for him wouldn't you. I was kind of surprised that he only got 73 votes actually what with the scandal and all.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Isn't Prince Ali the VP of the Asian federation, you'd think his own people would vote for him wouldn't you. I was kind of surprised that he only got 73 votes actually what with the scandal and all.

Surely they never voted for Blatter to stay on the gravy train? Surely not.

In your opinion, you boring c*nt.

I haven't seen any support for your dopey idea on this thread.

Or anywhere in England. Or across the whole of humanity.

Yours is a stupid idea that won't happen. Accept it, move on.

Hypo, it's called having principles.

Have a medal for being a sarcastic c*nt.

In the words of the great Joe Kinnear, you're a c*nt.

In your opinion, you boring c*nt.

What I like about you is just how you believe in having principles.

2018 up for grabs I hope

Very unlikely that they will take the 2018 away from Russia. Qatar however is a different matter.

What is strange is that he went through with the election last week, he must have known then what he does now, and could have saved all of that farce. Total and utter ******.

I listened to Mick Huknell on the radio yesterday .

And he made same salient points about Qatar , which I agree with

Set aside the corruption. But the World Cup has brought thousands of jobs for the poorly paid over there . If that was scrapped now it would have an impact on thousands on innocent people .

What about those that lost their lives due to dodgy health and safety issues . I believe Qatar should be allowed to keep the World Cup . It shouldn't be just about the corruption all aspects should be considered

Set aside the corruption. But the World Cup has brought thousands of jobs for the poorly paid over there . If that was scrapped now it would have an impact on thousands on innocent people .

What about those that lost their lives due to dodgy health and safety issues . I believe Qatar should be allowed to keep the World Cup . It shouldn't be just about the corruption all aspects should be considered

It would impact on the Asian construction workers from the sub-continent who are treated like slaves and might get their passports back. Not bad at all.

There is no way he'd leave if no one had anything on him. Someone's been singing like a canary I expect

That's the first thing that came to my mind. Hopefully they can take 2022 away from Qatar now, and the sooner the better before more slave labourers die.

Good Riddance to bad rubbish

First denying your number 2 paid 10m to the CONCAF countries to vote for South Africa for 2010 just before an official letter was released showing it happened was the final straw having ignored all corruption to date then denied this latest revelation it is difficult to argue you didn't lie and you didn't know what your deputy was doing?

So either he was covering up or he is totally incompetent either way I believe it is the sponsors who finally pushed for his removal.

Great news. The man operated on his own planet

I think the Russia World Cup is very safe. Keeps UEFA onside to a degree and all that

Can see the 2022 going to Australia or the States. Unless of course, Platini enters and wins the race to take over

Edited by Batman

Made sure he got elected, then announces he's resigning but the new election won't be until between December and March '16.

Just enough time for him to empty the skeletons out of the closets, and sweep all the evidence under the carpets.

I don't think it will make a difference to the hosting of the world cups because both are well into the construction stages and it would probably cost them too much to cancel at this time. Australia will probably get it in 2026 and we might in 2030.

Tough sh!t, I would love it if it gets moved to the U.S. don't give a moments thought to that corrupt Middle Eastern sh!t hole.