Sadio Mane

max_saints

They've warmed to the idea. I had a look on redcafe.net over the weekend and they want Mane in January FFS.

He's a world-beater all of a sudden and they are drooling over a front three of Martial, Memphis and Mane.

Cockroaches the lot of them.

Cockroaches they are. What sort of fans would have completely flip their view on a player? I'm sure If he were to join them he'll quickly become a whipping boy there though, cheered when he's substituted, slagged off all game with their forums full of petty comments such as "what a waste of mane" "I wish he'd f*ck off" "get rid of him now" not to mention labelling him the worst player since Eric Djemba-Djemba. The Cockroaches.

People getting carried away again. Just as people got carried away in his few few weeks saying that he was ''non-league'' standard, people now saying he's one of the best players in the world is the opposite extreme to that.

He's a very good player for us, very dangerous at this level. Let's stop it there.

Cockroaches they are. What sort of fans would have completely flip their view on a player? I'm sure If he were to join them he'll quickly become a whipping boy there though, cheered when he's substituted, slagged off all game with their forums full of petty comments such as "what a waste of mane" "I wish he'd f*ck off" "get rid of him now" not to mention labelling him the worst player since Eric Djemba-Djemba. The Cockroaches.

Exactly it's just like all those people who said Michael Antonio would never be good enough to play in the championship let alone join a PL team .....

If the big boys come in for him then tell them £50 million no less.

Then use the money to buy 3 young players that have similar potential and repeat the process.

good solution all round.

After all... MU don't mind spending that sort of money on players, they'd hardly miss it, and it'll give our transfer kitty a real £ boost.

On the other hand ....it would be a real compliment to SFC if he was happy to stay.

Mane fits the Southampton FC model perfectly.

Buy for £5m - £12m, keep for 2-3 years, sell for £20m - £30m.

Its inevitable.

There is a lad in my middle lads football team who is a Celtic fan because of his dad & grandad. Talking last week to his dad & never realised Celtic's top player is on £30k pw. Ours is £60k pw. The 6 above us in the league pay £100k+ pw.

That's why we can sign Forster, Wanyama & Van Dyk.

Agents, players & media know this & that's why we will always lose players to teams who pay bigger salaries. They may all say its about ambition, but truth is, its about the cash.................................................

To be fair to all involved, if United come in Jan with a £25m+, £100k/w bid, Sadio will be gone...

so who could we we bring in for lower teams / abroad of similar qualities...? Eden Hazard..? ;-)

..seem to recall that's what people said after we parted company with Lambert..and Lallana...and Shaw..and Lovren (No! forget I said that - it wasn't difficult at all ).

but in general ...it hasn't worked out too badly so far....has it ?

To be fair to all involved, if United come in Jan with a £25m+, £100k/w bid, Sadio will be gone...

so who could we we bring in for lower teams / abroad of similar qualities...?

Eden Hazard..? ;-)

I very much doubt that would be enough to tempt Saints to sell their best player mid-season. He'll probably be sold summer 2016 for a huge price, especially as the new 2016-2019 TV deal will inflate transfer fees even more.

I'm not saying we'll get this price... but is Raheem Sterling at £49m really significantly more effective than Sadio Mane? Mane has given Chelsea the runaround in three games now, he is a huge threat to any defence in this league.

so who could we we bring in for lower teams / abroad of similar qualities...?

Eden Hazard..? ;-)

If Mane carries on in the vein of form that he has shown so far this early in the season, then there is no way that Man Utd will be not be paying through the nose to prise him away from us. If anybody else comes in and there is an auction for his services, then so much the better.

Who else is out there to replace him? Some other player just like him playing for a minor club in Europe or Africa whose potential has not been spotted yet, but who will already be on our radar. It isn't the first time that we have identified players whose value has shot up after we have polished them and put them in the limelight of the PL and it won't be the last.

If Mane carries on in the vein of form that he has shown so far this early in the season, then there is no way that Man Utd will be not be paying through the nose to prise him away from us. If anybody else comes in and there is an auction for his services, then so much the better.

Who else is out there to replace him? Some other player just like him playing for a minor club in Europe or Africa whose potential has not been spotted yet, but who will already be on our radar. It isn't the first time that we have identified players whose value has shot up after we have polished them and put them in the limelight of the PL and it won't be the last.

“We have another player in the academy who is showing even better promise than Sadio,” - Source

This selling are best players and buying cheap alternatives abroad may be great when it works but it's not sustainable. It can't keep working forever, would be a massive move by the club to keep him for a while longer.

We do it because it is sustainable.

And really don't understand why it wouldn't be. It's happening at football clubs all over - say Celtic, or Feyenoord - so what's the problem?

The problem is if we keep replacing the core of our team we will eventually find a group that don't work together. Even if it works for the next 2 or 3 transfer windows eventually the replacements won't be good enough. Is that such a hard thing to see?

I really don't think it is a plan to keep replacing players. It just happens because other clubs want them and because their contract are running down to the point where, if they aren't going to sign a new contract we are better off selling rather than letting them go later for nothing. I am sure they would much rather keep the likes of Mane and Wanyama. But the club have to live in the real world. We are not alone in this. It happens to very club that has players that other teams want.

The problem is if we keep replacing the core of our team we will eventually find a group that don't work together. Even if it works for the next 2 or 3 transfer windows eventually the replacements won't be good enough. Is that such a hard thing to see?

The life cycle of any football team will mean that is going to happen anyway.

If you'd rather we only bought players that the richest clubs won't touch with a bargepole then fine, but we'd likely be a sh it team.

Producing a team every season with two or three players the top four want is a great way to maintain us as a club in the top ten.

There isn't any other strategy that will do that any better, if you accept as you need to that we will never try and match Champions League wages.

Seriously, our current strategy is the most sustainable we'll get to.

When he goes (not January I hope) he will break the £30m barrier. We should be asking for £40m IMO. Especially from Utd.

Mane out £40m

Lallana and Nick Blackman in £10m each.

If Martial is worth 60m and Man U were prepared to pay that for him, we should be demanding the same amount for Mane.

I am also a bit pi**ed at all the gossip of Mane to MU....and some of the monks who write these comments in their tiny closters, think that £20 million is a big fee.:lol:

I think Sadio will stay (at least in the short term), but if he holds his present form, and does move ....I'd want nothing less than a new club record fee for him. :admin:

Mane fits the Southampton FC model perfectly.

Buy for £5m - £12m, keep for 2-3 years, sell for £20m - £30m.

Its inevitable.

There is a lad in my middle lads football team who is a Celtic fan because of his dad & grandad. Talking last week to his dad & never realised Celtic's top player is on £30k pw. Ours is £60k pw. The 6 above us in the league pay £100k+ pw.

That's why we can sign Forster, Wanyama & Van Dyk.

Agents, players & media know this & that's why we will always lose players to teams who pay bigger salaries. They may all say its about ambition, but truth is, its about the cash.................................................

Noone needs that much money though, they are already paid a ridiculous amount at saints, so is it all down to greed?