January Hcdajfu time?

simo

We watched Townsend again last night apparently....Alan Nixon doesn't think we'll pay £14m for him though...!

Why do we need to watch him.....he plays ...occasionally in the same league as us!

Our goalkeeping coach watches him play for the national side - if we don't know by now what he can and can't do then we are in worse shape than I thought transfer wise.

Been ranting about Shelvey for ages on here - so he may not fit our profile so thats worked out well lately. We need a niggly bastard or two to spice up our easy middle.

Why do we need to watch him.....he plays ...occasionally in the same league as us!

Our goalkeeping coach watches him play for the national side - if we don't know by now what he can and can't do then we are in worse shape than I thought transfer wise.

Been ranting about Shelvey for ages on here - so he may not fit our profile so thats worked out well lately. We need a niggly bastard or two to spice up our easy middle.

Works hard, looks like a leader on the pitch, hard to play against, scores goals. And still 23 I think.

C'mon Les. Do the right thing.

Shelvey is exactly what we need in midfield, energy, grit, bit of bite, speed, agility, goal threat, english, young. Absolutely every box ticked.

I'd say that this signing would transform us, it could have such an obvious effect on the side.

Shelvey a good player, but am I not right in thinking he's not a particularly nice bloke (putting it mildly) and his arrogance levels are up there with Ronaldo's? Is he really someone we'd want in the dressing room?

Well as I'll probably not be inviting him round for tea in the forseeable future I'll go for his value to the team rather than whether he's a nice bloke or not.

I saw an interview he did this season where he seems to have addressed his issues. He said he realised he needs to totally focus. He hired his own dietician and cut loose a lot of his entourage. He came across as someone that really wanted to up his level of professionalism. I was impressed.

I think we could really do with a guy in the centre of the park that actually wants to get forward and shoot. Cant remember the last time we had that threat instead of going wide all the time.

Why would Swansea be selling?

Because he's a massive ****. His attitude this season has been appalling and, like Wanyama, he seems to have a very high opinion of himself without being able to back it up. Capable of scoring a couple of goals from distance, which is quite a valuable thing I accept, but he offers very little else besides that. I don't think he's particularly good value at 10 million and he isn't what we should be looking for in this window anyway. Summer is the time for big changes, and if we can get a striker in now then that's all we need to see us safely through to the end of the season

Because he's a massive ****. His attitude this season has been appalling and, like Wanyama, he seems to have a very high opinion of himself without being able to back it up. Capable of scoring a couple of goals from distance, which is quite a valuable thing I accept, but he offers very little else besides that. I don't think he's particularly good value at 10 million and he isn't what we should be looking for in this window anyway. Summer is the time for big changes, and if we can get a striker in now then that's all we need to see us safely through to the end of the season

You don't think we need a right back?

Shelvey a good player, but am I not right in thinking he's not a particularly nice bloke (putting it mildly) and his arrogance levels are up there with Ronaldo's? Is he really someone we'd want in the dressing room?

He is a risk but so was Victor. At least with Shelvey he's already done the 'Top 4' thing at Liverpool, didn't quite cut it but plenty good enough for us. Would be a big upgrade on Victor and give us much more forward momentum. Might prefer Palace and Pardew but then that may put him back with a crowd of friends in S London who he wants to avoid.

I think we'd have a decent chance and he's the type of nasty character we need, Saints are far too easy to play against at present. Crucially, he also gets forward and has a point to prove. As someone said, can see him combining well with Clasie, Romeu or Davis. JWP can get experience in the Championship and Wanyama can be a sub to close games out in the last 15 minutes as he's nowhere near good enough for Southampton Football Club at present as a starter unless his mindset changes.

This the type of signing the fans want to see to get us of this spiral - come on Les, get a bid in.

We need to improve RB, CM, AMC, Winger and striker.

But NEED, to stay up this season...nothing.

Agree with those but to ensure we finish and get points we need a right back and a pacey goal scoring striker like Remy.

If we had a right back we would have at least 4 points more.

Shelvey although a prize twunt is exactly what we need in our middle. He can tackle, pass well, create and score goals we do not have anyone capable of shooting like him. I don't believe we will go for him as we have enough rocking the boat but I like him as a player.

WATFORD IN TALKS FOR MARIO SUAREZ

Sky sources understand Watford are in advanced talks with Fiorentina for midfielder Mario Suarez.

The deal for the Spain international is believed to be a loan with a view to a permanent move. Suarez has been on the fringes of the team in Florence after joining the club from Atletico Madrid.

Shelvey would be a big upgrade on Victor

He really wouldn't.

JWP can get experience in the Championship

I'm at a loss why some people say this. Ok, he shouldn't be starting every game for Saints but he has shown he is good enough to play in the Premier League. Playing in the Championship doesn't gain him experience, he already has a lot of experience at a higher level for 3 seasons. Many have written him off at 21, an age when Lallana and Schneiderlin hadn't played above the Championship. Ward-Prowse is one of the best central midfielders in his age group in the Premier League. Loaning him to the Championship also means Saints have one less first team player. How do you propose that is filled without bloating the squad?

we need a right back

Why have you written off Cedric? Out of sight, out of mind?

I don't see the club signing a right back to move ahead of him in pecking order.

WATFORD IN TALKS FOR MARIO SUAREZ

Sky sources understand Watford are in advanced talks with Fiorentina for midfielder Mario Suarez.

The deal for the Spain international is believed to be a loan with a view to a permanent move. Suarez has been on the fringes of the team in Florence after joining the club from Atletico Madrid.

We were linked with him in the summer - think he would do a decent job, a player with proper experience and calibre.

Why have you written off Cedric? Out of sight, out of mind?

I don't see the club signing a right back to move ahead of him in pecking order.

Who says I have - its when he is injured, off form, knackered etc Martina is not the answer plus I am not 100% he can cope with the Premiership.

Maybe we will give Stephens a go.

Pardew is in for both Shelvey and Austin.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

& Remy, apparently.

We do our business outside of the spotlight of the media. Apparently.

If Palace get these guys, and we don't show the ambition to improve the squad with similar quality, there may well be pitchforks and torches turning up at St Mary's.

Leicester have just signed Demari Gray from Birmingham, a very highly rated, young winger. Fee was undisclosed but reported for about £3.5 million. A bit annoying as we were linked with him previously, and he really looked a prospect and I think that fee if it's true will be a real steal in hte long run.... not bad at any rate for an English player.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/04/leicester-sign-demarai-gray-birmingham

If Palace get these guys, and we don't show the ambition to improve the squad with similar quality, there may well be pitchforks and torches turning up at St Mary's.

We definitely do need to be making some waves this window, its apparent to Koeman and everyone else that we need real quality, and we know we have the funds for it.

Ronaldinho's brother/agent says he's speaking to several clubs in England. Yes, he's 35 and erratic, but I'd play him every time over Davis, Tadic or JWP in our 3 behind the striker. Please Ron, make it happen, it would be wonderful!

Don't talk nonsense man . With the injury records of Remy & Austin , coupled with the wages they'd want , I'm glad we're not splashing the cash like that . Ask yourself why Shelvey is available , why Curtis , like Monk & Laudrap before him have had issues with him . If palace sign those 3 they really are entering the madhouse . One maybe worth the risk, but all 3 is lunacy

Mate I give you full props as I have just checked out last summers chat as I mentioned him as well then and found the following:

Your Input

Nov 2006

Bit late to talk about transfers now, I know, but this fella was the chap Twente purchased to replace Tadic.

@OptaJohan: 23 - Hakim Ziyech has been involved in 23 of @fctwente's last 24 Eredivisie goals. Superb.

Our Dutch Friends Input:

Originally Posted by ADutchSaint

Ziyech is not a winger tho, he's a classic attacking midfielder and im surprised no club in Europe picked him up this summer. By far the best attacking midfielder atm (last season as well) in the Eredivisie, that kid has everything. He's creative, has pace, great technical skills and a very good shot in both legs really. Im 100% convinced that he's going to be a class player in a few years and if i was Koeman, i would pick him up if there's some budget left in the winter cause the current squad could use a player like Ziyech.

He wont be cheap tho

Thread: Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

by van Hanegem

Replies

Views

Twente needs to sell as they are in financial...

Twente needs to sell as they are in financial trouble. They do have some great players who are up for grabs but they're not yet as good as Tadic. Ziyech is an attacking midfielder with high potential...

Ziyech is the best attacking midfielder in the Eredivisie at this moment but if he's up for the PL? Tadic looks like a bodybuilder compared to Ziyech... ;) It would be better for Ziyech to stay in the Eredivisie for one more season before he leaves the Netherlands. And when he does leave I guess he would better take a chance in Spain or Italy.

According to the Dutch newspaper AD Koeman wants striker Sebastien Haller from FC Utrecht when Mané leaves. Yup, another player from the Eredivisie... :)

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/11264/TransferTalk/article/detail/4218865/2016/01/05/TT-Ook-Chelsea-en-Bayern-willen-Mane-Van-Gaal-niet-bereid-Fellaini-te-verhuren.dhtml

Ziyech is the best attacking midfielder in the Eredivisie at this moment but if he's up for the PL? Tadic looks like a bodybuilder compared to Ziyech... ;) It would be better for Ziyech to stay in the Eredivisie for one more season before he leaves the Netherlands. And when he does leave I guess he would better take a chance in Spain or Italy.

According to the Dutch newspaper AD Koeman wants striker Sebastien Haller from FC Utrecht when Mané leaves. Yup, another player from the Eredivisie... :)

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/11264/TransferTalk/article/detail/4218865/2016/01/05/TT-Ook-Chelsea-en-Bayern-willen-Mane-Van-Gaal-niet-bereid-Fellaini-te-verhuren.dhtml

Do you rate Haller?

Do you rate Haller?

Yes, I quite like Haller and I would like to see him play for Feyenoord. However, Ajax is also looking for a striker and they do have the cash to pick him up for 6 or 7 million euro's.

FC Utrecht picked this guy from a second division club in France for as little as 500K and it turned out very good for them. Haller is a clever center forward with some nice skills and he keeps his cool in front of the goal. But then again, the Eredivisie is way behind when it comes to defending and pace compared to the PL so it will be a lucky shot when Koeman is seriously interested...

Its not really their story, they are merely rehashing the story from other sources and link to them.

Easily short circuited, doubt if their salarial mass is very high anyway. Far too much is made of FFP, clubs who want to get round it seem to do it with ease.

I seem to remember an interview with steve parish saying their wage bill has risen from 52 million last year to 70 million this year. Quite a jump

Ziyech is the best attacking midfielder in the Eredivisie at this moment but if he's up for the PL? Tadic looks like a bodybuilder compared to Ziyech... ;)

Comparing Tadic with Ziyech is pretty silly, totally different players. Tadic always has been a physical guy and always used his technique and physique in his play. Look at games from him at the Olympics with Serbia and compare it with his years at Groningen, Twente or even now. His play style is exactly the same and still uses the same tricks simply because he doesnt have the pace and feet to do otherwise.

Ziyech on the other hand does have pace and his feet are a lot quicker as Tadic for example, so physical strength is a lot less important in his game. Ziyech reached his ceiling in the Eredivisie and needs to move abroad as soon as possible.

If you want to compare players you should probably compare Ziyech with Eriksen. Ziyech is physically better (more pace and stamina) as Eriksen, who's doing pretty good at Spurs so i dont see why Ziyech wouldnt be ready for a move to the PL. If you ask me, from all the dozens of players that moved to the PL from the Eredivisie over the years i have the least amount of doubt about Ziyech. And people only doubt about him because he doesnt play at one of the big clubs in Holland, same thing happened with Virgil who wasnt even good enough for the top clubs in Holland according to everyone else...

And Haller would be a waste of money really, i dont get why people rate him so high. Slow on the first yards, slow feet, not explosive, not that great with the head and doesnt have a great shot. Most goals he makes even come from penalty's, he's decent in link-up play but thats about it. Then i would pay a few million more and get Selke from Leipzig (now that would be a investment that makes sense) or give Atletico a call and get Baston, who might be even cheaper as Haller. Plenty of young strikers around who have a lot more to offer then Haller.

I seem to remember an interview with steve parish saying their wage bill has risen from 52 million last year to 70 million this year. Quite a jump

Swiss Ramble had it at about (and that's a total figure) 46 million for the year ending 2014. Since then they've signed a couple but I doubt it's much over 60 million in total so that the player element would be below the 60 million threshold where only restricted increase (against TV revenues anyway) can be applied. Don't forget any player trading profit can be re-invested as can increased commercial revenue.. This is one of the strange things about FFP, as long as your player salarial mass is less than 60 million (for the current season, there'll be another base hike for next season) you can increase it by as much as you like. Investors can fund losses of up to 105 million over 3 seasons provided that they increase equity. If they're in FFP grey areas they just need to sell Bolasie, which they'll probably do anyway.

Debuchy on loan through to the summer would improve us in that position. What's the latest with us being linked to a return loan of Chambers? That seems to have gone quiet.

Well firstly we need to either sign or get rid of one of the two domestic loans that we already have and that may not be so easy, we need Stek but doubt if we'll sign him on a permanent deal and Caulker...well he's Caulker ain't he. If Arsenal are selling or releasing Debuchy what cover would that leave them at RB other than Chambers, I don't know all the minor details of their squad.

Well firstly we need to either sign or get rid of one of the two domestic loans that we already have and that may not be so easy, we need Stek but doubt if we'll sign him on a permanent deal and Caulker...well he's Caulker ain't he. If Arsenal are selling or releasing Debuchy what cover would that leave them at RB other than Chambers, I don't know all the minor details of their squad.

Isn't Big Sam after Caulker? Hopefully.

Whilst I get the whole "sustainable model" approach I do think that we went backwards over the summer because we seemed to go for quantity over quality. VVD and Clasie (they will both be very good) are the exceptions. Cedric, Martina, Juanmi are just squad fillers and not great at that. We will never know the real story behind the scenes and never know exactly who we target but when your club has sold 4 players for 20-25m and another 2 for 12-16 the lack of any signing up towards the 20m is basically short changing the fans. I dont expect 15-20m signing in January but if we do not sign a couple in that region in the summer we will be heading back down to The Championship because everyone else around our size are doing so/will likely do so. The numbers sound big and in literal terms they are but they are all relevant to the income which significantly increase next year. I think most Saints fans would agree that Wjineldum for 15m is a steal and if he was in a better team he would be even more effective.

Its clear that Wanyama and Mane will be off in the summer and we should get near to 50m the pair. I would be very disappointed if that does not buy 3-4 players rather than 6-7.

What we need this month is Austin and Townsend. But I'm not hopeful.......

Swiss Ramble had it at about (and that's a total figure) 46 million for the year ending 2014. Since then they've signed a couple but I doubt it's much over 60 million in total

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/11/eagles-steve-parish-crystal-palace-interview

"The annual wage bill last season was £52m. “This year it will probably be somewhere in the region of £70m,” says Parish through a whisper. “There are regulations, cost control measures and targets we have to hit, and we were close with ‘issues’ in that respect."

Edited by Verbal Kint

Comparing Tadic with Ziyech is pretty silly, totally different players. Tadic always has been a physical guy and always used his technique and physique in his play. Look at games from him at the Olympics with Serbia and compare it with his years at Groningen, Twente or even now. His play style is exactly the same and still uses the same tricks simply because he doesnt have the pace and feet to do otherwise.

Ziyech on the other hand does have pace and his feet are a lot quicker as Tadic for example, so physical strength is a lot less important in his game. Ziyech reached his ceiling in the Eredivisie and needs to move abroad as soon as possible.

If you want to compare players you should probably compare Ziyech with Eriksen. Ziyech is physically better (more pace and stamina) as Eriksen, who's doing pretty good at Spurs so i dont see why Ziyech wouldnt be ready for a move to the PL. If you ask me, from all the dozens of players that moved to the PL from the Eredivisie over the years i have the least amount of doubt about Ziyech. And people only doubt about him because he doesnt play at one of the big clubs in Holland, same thing happened with Virgil who wasnt even good enough for the top clubs in Holland according to everyone else...

And Haller would be a waste of money really, i dont get why people rate him so high. Slow on the first yards, slow feet, not explosive, not that great with the head and doesnt have a great shot. Most goals he makes even come from penalty's, he's decent in link-up play but thats about it. Then i would pay a few million more and get Selke from Leipzig (now that would be a investment that makes sense) or give Atletico a call and get Baston, who might be even cheaper as Haller. Plenty of young strikers around who have a lot more to offer then Haller.

Thanks for posting on those 2. Good to read.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/11/eagles-steve-parish-crystal-palace-interview

"The annual wage bill last season was £52m. “This year it will probably be somewhere in the region of £70m,” says Parish through a whisper. “There are regulations, cost control measures and targets we have to hit, and we were close with ‘issues’ in that respect."

But as they're under 60 million for the last period of annual accounts they can hike it as much as they like before the next set, in for a penny in for a pound as they say. In fact when you're under the limit it's as best to do it that way.

Well firstly we need to either sign or get rid of one of the two domestic loans that we already have and that may not be so easy, we need Stek but doubt if we'll sign him on a permanent deal and Caulker...well he's Caulker ain't he.

Think its pretty well nailed on that Caulker will be gone very soon, most likely to Palace on a permanent. That's probably why he wasn't in the squad on Saturday. We don't have any say in the matter, Rangers are looking to sell and there is allegedly interest from a few teams.

Think its pretty well nailed on that Caulker will be gone very soon, most likely to Palace on a permanent. That's probably why he wasn't in the squad on Saturday. We don't have any say in the matter, Rangers are looking to sell and there is allegedly interest from a few teams.

why on earth, I dont know