January Hcdajfu time?

simo

Koeman post match saying he is talking to the Board about January.

Why are these talks still happening?!

Should be ready to move by now.

We could infer there is some difference between their two positions - again we can only infer, but it would appear Koeman wants to see more investment in the first team and the board are reluctant.

I can't help but feel we need to make a few moves to turn us around and try to keep us out of a proper relegation scrap. I don't think anybody expected us to be in the situation we currently find ourselves and the board may have to invest or risk taking a massive hit should the unthinkable happen.

I think it's pretty clear Caulker is off, isn't it? Not included in the squad at all for these last couple of games, and what with talk of Sunderland wanting him (for some bizarre reason) it may be that we're talking to QPR to try and get that terminated. I Imagine we'd have to get some sort of payment back on it as well.

The whispers as to potential signings are almost non-existent. Either we're playing our cards even more closely to our chest than usual or there just isn't anything pending, which would be worrying. Or maybe the single signing RK mentioned is being rapidly reassessed internally given our woeful run of form and targets are still being identified never mind sounded out with their club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3392127/Swansea-bid-club-record-12-5m-Burnley-striker-Andre-Gray-desperate-quest-goals-relegation-battle.html

Swansea linked with a move for Gray. Unfortunately he has already played for two clubs this season, so it couldn't actually happen.

Shows how much of a pinch of salt is required with any media report!

The whispers as to potential signings are almost non-existent. Either we're playing our cards even more closely to our chest than usual or there just isn't anything pending' date=' which would be worrying. Or maybe the single signing RK mentioned is being rapidly reassessed internally given our woeful run of form and targets are still being identified never mind sounded out with their club.[/quote']

Well whatever may be the outcome it can't be much worse than last January now can it. Elia and Djuricic, what great signings they were, the Serb looked ok at times to be sure but as he hardly ever played that wasn't very often.

Oliver Burke at Forest is a genuine talent and exactly the sort of young attacking player that we are missing coming through our set up at the minute.

Lewis Cook at Leeds is another player we should be looking at.

Why is nobody talking about Sam Vokes any more? I was just wondering why it had all gone quiet, not really putting his name forward.

Because he's not very good? And people usually refer to him in the context of taking the pîśś -how for some quality goes out the window as long as a player bleeds red and white.

Well whatever may be the outcome it can't be much worse than last January now can it. Elia and Djuricic, what great signings they were, the Serb looked ok at times to be sure but as he hardly ever played that wasn't very often.

Unless of course the striker we get in is just a loanee too !

I've said it for years and will say it again - we should try to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson*. While Swansea are in a weaker position now than they have been in the past, the TV money coming in will embolden them to keep players.

*Probably not in this window

Edited by DuncanRG

I've said it for years and will say it again - we should try to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson*. While Swansea are in a weaker position now than they have been in the past, the TV money coming in will embolden them to keep players.

*Probably not in this window

Imagine thinking we'd sign a player that can shoot from distance.

Martin O'Neill said on BBC he has seen a lot of Demerai Gray as watched Brum a lot this season and if they gave paid £3.75m for him then its a huge bargain.

Certainly seems very cheap for an English player of that potential! Be interesting to see how he does.

Yeah, Bournemouth were offering 7-8 million for him in the summer.

Yeah, Bournemouth were offering 7-8 million for him in the summer.

Apparently those offers were ludicrously incentive based so perhaps the Leicester fee was more up front.

But compared to £10m for Afobe, Gray seems to have far higher levels of potential.

Less than £4m is barely even a risk.

Apparently those offers were ludicrously incentive based so perhaps the Leicester fee was more up front.

But compared to £10m for Afobe, Gray seems to have far higher levels of potential.

Less than £4m is barely even a risk.

If it was a release clause that Gray had then Leicester would have to pay it all up front or come to an agreement with Birmingham over what would be acceptable (but Birmingham can refuse and insist it is all paid up front if they want).

Don't know how much cash we have spare for wages? - maybe we need to cut Gaston loose to free up some ££'s?

But wouldn't that involve paying him anyway? Let's face it few clubs are going to offer him as much as we are giving him for the next 6 months so he's as well to stay right where he is and pass the time sorting himself out for next season.

very little about us in this window.

our resident ITK had a fair bit to say about the club/Koeman but hardly anything on new player(s)

will we bring in the forward Koeman clearly wants?

Reading those posts I can't see the club giving Ron any money to spend!!

We certainly have seen a swing away from the transfer committee so championed before.

Can maybe see a last minute panic from overseas but nothing more. Hope I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just putting a name out there.

Sadio is likely to go this summer, so what about Sporting Lisbon winger Andre Carrillo? If Saints scouted Cedric heavily, they'll have surely seen him plenty of times, and his contract expires this summer so could cost just a big signing on fee.

Leicester offered £12m last summer, so there could be a bit of competition...