January Hcdajfu time?

simo

yeah I thought everyone wanted to pack the squad out with academy boys who can't do any worse than the 1st team (apparently) if we get anyone in we are just blocking the pathway....

Well the other day some were getting all uppity because we didn't sign Demarai Gray for a bargain 3.75 million, now at that price the "board" are extracting the urite. We need to wait and see what we may get under what circumstances before writing them off as a joke I think.

Well the other day some were getting all uppity because we didn't sign Demarai Gray for a bargain 3.75 million, now at that price the "board" are extracting the urite. We need to wait and see what we may get under what circumstances before writing them off as a joke I think.

TBF though, this is the sort of player we should be going for, doesn't break the bank in wages either. It's a missed opportunity.

I suggested signing Shelvey in the summer and was laughed at on here because we couldnt afford his asking price and apparently he'd go to a bigger team.

Well...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/162505/shelvey-to-newcastle-%EF%BF%BD12-million/#97

Swansea fans sound absolutely devastated that Shelvey is on his way out.

If we are only getting one player I'd rather it was a midfielder than a striker. We know we can do alright with Pelle, even if he's inconsistent. Rodriguez MIGHT come back, worth seeing how he is before we spend big. So a striker won't be more than back up.

I think we should/should have bought a replacement for Jrod. If he comes good, great, sell Long, if not we're covered. Hoping he'll be ok is like driving your car without a spare tyre when you've got the ability to put one in the boot.

I agree but we did the same with forster, hoped he'd be ok and loaned someone sh1t to cover it.

No. We did get someone. Sh1t or not. At least we replaced him. If we'd had say, Austin, last season, maybe we'd have finished higher, and maybe we'd still be in the Europa. Maybe. We gambled, and lost.

Koeman's press speak made it sound like we were signing nobody this window. The Board clearly believe that we have enough about us to stay up. The next two games will tell - less than 6 points and we're in big trouble.

Sounds plausible. Next Monday is the 17th January and there's still two weeks of the window after that. It could be a case of wait until then and review the situation.

How can anything think we DON'T have enough to stay up? There's always a chance you might lose every week and go down, but that will because the manager is doing a poor job. This squad very clearly has enough to stay up. We may have lost a couple of good players but we still have a lot too.

Forster, Bertrand, Fonte, VVD, Wanyama, Davis, Tadic, Mane, Pelle and Rodriguez have all proven they can play for a top half team.

Seriously, if anyone thinks Koeman can't keep this squad in the Premier League, how can they defend him with a straight face? I have no problem with anything still thinking he's good, but if you do, you won't be worried about relegation.

Personally I think the manager is being let down by the players he clearly isn't sending them on to the pitch with orders to make stupid school boy errors and switch off . To many players not playing to the level they a capable off forget the players who have left many of those who did well last season are playing below the level of last season that isn't down to the manager but down to the players Fonte, Victor and Mane are all well below par this season and Pelle and Tadic have dropped off their early season form.

I agree but we did the same with forster, hoped he'd be ok and loaned someone sh1t to cover it.

Was there a better alternative? There are not loads of top class keepers available for a season loan or who would sign for us knowing Foster would replace them once fit.

His goals get remembered as a few are good, but he's not exactly a goalscorer. Only compared to our midfielders!

He's an ok player but all the comments I've read suggest he doesn't work that hard and seems a bit of a ****. Can completely understand why we weren't after him.

Likewise. Adding to your comments, he's a very erratic passer. One decent ball that makes him look like Morgan, then three or four **** ones that makes him look like Wanyama.

No. We did get someone. Sh1t or not. At least we replaced him. If we'd had say, Austin, last season, maybe we'd have finished higher, and maybe we'd still be in the Europa. Maybe. We gambled, and lost.

We would have finished higher, he would have stepped up when Pelle went missing for half the season.

Honda wanted by Hammers

The Italian media are linking Keisuke Honda, the AC Milan playmaker, with a possible move to West Ham.

Tuttosport claim the Japan star is close to leaving Milan and Upton Park is a potential destination.

I've said it many transfer windows that I'd love us to sign him, can play anywhere in midfield and can actually shoot from distance. Be annoyed if he rocks up at another PL club outside the top 6.

Honda wanted by Hammers

The Italian media are linking Keisuke Honda, the AC Milan playmaker, with a possible move to West Ham.

Tuttosport claim the Japan star is close to leaving Milan and Upton Park is a potential destination.

I've said it many transfer windows that I'd love us to sign him, can play anywhere in midfield and can actually shoot from distance. Be annoyed if he rocks up at another PL club outside the top 6.

Would love him here.

Yoshi - make a call!

Well Caulker has officially joined Liverpool on loan. Has to rank as one of the more bizarre transfers of recent times.....

Do you remember when Paul Jones went there after they had an injury crisis in goal? A Liverpudlian reporter on talksport earlier who thinks he knows everything about his club complained "A loan player from southampton, that's never happened before and just says it all really". Classic scouse delusion from him, thinks 1992-2004 never happened

Honda wanted by Hammers

Hope we can drive that one through

We could park the relegation talk if it happens

Could be a bumper price though

etc etc