January Hcdajfu time?

simo

Hope we can drive that one through

We could park the relegation talk if it happens

Could be a bumper price though

etc etc

He's not wanted, 29 and only 18 months left on his contract. Wages might be high but nothing a PL club couldn't afford. Probably want the same as what Long is on. So don't think they'd want that much for him really.

As I said Ramirez swap would be good for all partys... Ramirez proven in Serie A and still young. Honda proven internationally but nearing 30.

Do you remember when Paul Jones went there after they had an injury crisis in goal? A Liverpudlian reporter on talksport earlier who thinks he knows everything about his club complained "A loan player from southampton, that's never happened before and just says it all really". Classic scouse delusion from him, thinks 1992-2004 never happened

Plus the fact he's joined on loan from QPR and not us...

He's not wanted, 29 and only 18 months left on his contract. Wages might be high but nothing a PL club couldn't afford. Probably want the same as what Long is on. So don't think they'd want that much for him really.

As I said Ramirez swap would be good for all partys... Ramirez proven in Serie A and still young. Honda proven internationally but nearing 30.

hmm I think it could be the ignition our season needs

I think we've exhausted all other options

Getting on a little as you say but he's no clapped out banger.

His experience could help as we've looked like rabbits in the headlights recently

We need an attacking midfielder who can play 90 mins regularly and score goals. How many times has Honda played 90 mins in Serie A this season and how many goals has he scored? Like Stekelenburg, he was good 4 years ago, but we need players who are good now, like Borja Baston and Denis Suarez,

Honda would be a 'no go' for me, had way too many long term injuries in the past and rumors been going on for years that he had multiple health problems/diseases, which i believe cause he aint the player anymore that i remember. He used to be quick and light on his feet and explosive but thats all gone really.

Played pretty good against Roma last weekend and he's still is a good technical player but i think he would struggle a lot with the pace of the PL, especially if your gonna put him on the field as a attacking midfielder.

Honda would be a 'no go' for me, had way too many long term injuries in the past and rumors been going on for years that he had multiple health problems/diseases, which i believe cause he aint the player anymore that i remember. He used to be quick and light on his feet and explosive but thats all gone really.

Played pretty good against Roma last weekend and he's still is a good technical player but i think he would struggle a lot with the pace of the PL, especially if your gonna put him on the field as a attacking midfielder.

Didn't know that, shame.

So you are saying his engine is not what it used to be ?

Why does that role require pace? Some of the best playing there, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes didn't have any. Van der vaart didn't either. It's more about picking out a pass, timing and finishing isn't it?

Of course passing and finishing is more important in that role and im not saying its required per se, but when your not on the level of a Scholes and you play in a team thats not dominating the ball position every week i think you will struggle, especially in modern day football.

And it worries me if a player like Honda, who did have that quickness/sharpness/explosiveness (what ever you want to call it) in the past but he now plays in one, well i call it a gear, but he doesnt/cant get out of it anymore. So either he has not been in shape for years or something else is going on, combine that with the rumors about him having virus infections and graves disease and all kinds of stuff plus the long term injuries he had in the past, then no thanks. Way too big of a risk for a guy who turns 30 this year.

Would have had him 5 years ago- but we were in the Championship then :lol:

He'd be another Tadanari Lee- would have same impact as Kagawa- almost none.

I don't think he'd be fit for Premier League football. U

He's still rated far higher than Lee ever was hence why Ac Milan got him. Also just because he's Japanese doesn't mean he wouldn't make an impact in this league, Leciester striker seems to be doing well in his first season.

Some person most likely a saints fan with too much time on their hands and also possibly quite stupid has edited his wiki page already......:mcinnes:

I say quite stupid because this is his edit-On 13th January 2016, Haller signed for the Saints for a club record £22 million after Saints matched his £20 million release clause

:facepalm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9bastien_Haller

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/norwich-step-up-sebastian-haller-7129301

:lol: Love the puns, I for one think Honda would help drive us up the table and put us back on track.

I can offer some Insight and Clarity on this Today. He's at a Crossroads in his career, but because he's Fit and can Beat a man, he will strike Accord with fans. Hope he has his Passport, because once he gets to the City, he will be in his Element and will become a Legend.

IF we play like we did last night and on boxing day, then I'm not sure we need any signings.

but we dont have the players to play like that every game. Its like saying IF we play like we did against arsenal...we would win the league....

We really could do with a better striker (if that is possible this window). We missed AGAIN just so many ridiculous chances and that is not a one-off

but we dont have the players to play like that every game. Its like saying IF we play like we did against arsenal...we would win the league....

We really could do with a better striker (if that is possible this window). We missed AGAIN just so many ridiculous chances and that is not a one-off

Mane couldn't finish anything last night - looked like he didnt want to be here to me.

If he didn't want to be here why would he deliberately miss loads of chances? Surely that is counterproductive? Fwiw I have seen nothing from him to suggest that.

Apologies - badly worded on my part...

His overall performance looked like a player who didn't want to be here, didn't track his man multiple times, didn't press when the others were up top, he only came alive when he had the ball. I've seen him putting in a much better shift than last night, not sure what his running stats were in the game.

His mind didn't look focused either, he would have buried the majority of those chances he had last night last season. If he was fully focused he would have scored IMO.

Mane couldn't finish anything last night - looked like he didnt want to be here to me.

Absolutely clattered into Gomes last night in an attempt to reach a through ball first, risking injury and Gomes came off worst! Can't see it, Mane was also one of our hardest-working players v Palace on Sat, along with Romeu and Clasie. He's lacking some confidence at present and needs a goal, hence his decision-making isn't great but he's still causing teams plenty of problems and a goal on Saturday will do him a world of good.

If you want to single out someone recently who has been playing like he didn't want to be here, Victor is your man. Think Victor has a few weeks on the bench until Romeu/Clasie/David get a suspension or knock. In fact, I'd rather have Harrison Reed as the next CM cab off the rank.

Yoshida also made a very bad pass that looked like he was deliberately trying to manufacture a move away from the club. They should be ashamed of themselves...

Yoshida also made a very bad pass that looked like he was deliberately trying to manufacture a move away from the club. They should be ashamed of themselves...

Some utterly hilariously wide of the mark posts these two are. :lol:

Why would a player run so hard to get a ball of an opposition if he wasnt interested?

If anyone who made a bad pass was deemed to be looking for a move, virtually all the football leagues players would be on the market

Some utterly hilariously wide of the mark posts these two are. :lol:

Why would a player run so hard to get a ball of an opposition if he wasnt interested?

If anyone who made a bad pass was deemed to be looking for a move, virtually all the football leagues players would be on the market

Pretty sure the Yoshida post is a **** take on the Mane post........

ah. I see your ridiculous assertion and I raise you that he has a vendetta against saints because he was born in a japanese city that roughly translates as "ports mouth" in english. he's come to saints, laying low and bringing it down it from the inside out.

or maybe he's just not a very good player