January Hcdajfu time?

simo

He's missed a lot of games this season to be fair. QPR have played 28 games and he has played 16 of them. He may have been rested for cup games. He's missed the equivalent of over two months of the season.

10 in 16 in the league. Lots of interest in Austin because he scores goals and even in a crap team last year he scored loads. Plus he is English and his transfer fee won't be much because of his contract running down.

But then on the other hand his contract situation means he will command more in wages and couple that with his injury record there are issues for any club that wants to sign him. Plus he'll want to be first choice...hard to make someone with his injury record first choice as you're putting a lot of money into a player who may not play more than 60% of your games.

I can see him going somewhere in the summer.

Yes two injuries this year but I think you will find he regularily played the vast majority of league games in past seasons so not sure what the "injury record" is and why it's perceived as so bad? I am sure he usually plays a lot higher %age than you describe.

No chance of us signing him though!

Jonjo Shelvey.

Make a bid I say. Has terrific passing ability IMO. Could replace Schneiderlin in that sense. Loves a tackle also. I think he'd be a solid addition to the team, not just squad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35284347

Would be good player wise. But his attitude is dreadful.

Plus we rarely sign players from the PL.

Dont really see the massive fuss about Austin, I cant believe there isnt better options out there for the money ? Added to his reported injury problems.

Dont get me wrong Ill be reasonably happy if he signs but I just dont get the constant clamour to bring him in

18 PL goals in the worst team in the PL last season for £8 million seems like a bargain to me considering Bournemouth are shelling out £10 million for a championship striker and we paid £12 million for Long.

18 PL goals in the worst team in the PL last season for £8 million seems like a bargain to me considering Bournemouth are shelling out £10 million for a championship striker and we paid £12 million for Long.

Out of interest earlier I had a look and Bournemouth's net spend this season (excluding the agreed fee for Iturbe) is around 38 million while ours is the grand sum of 1. 1 Million. I'm not expecting us to throw money around and would love to see our vision of a sustainable club come true with academy gems filling the team but, for now, we are in need of short term investment to maintain our league status. That is exactly what the likes of Austin are. Short term buys to meet a clear need.

Out of interest earlier I had a look and Bournemouth's net spend this season (excluding the agreed fee for Iturbe) is around 38 million while ours is the grand sum of 1. 1 Million. I'm not expecting us to throw money around and would love to see our vision of a sustainable club come true with academy gems filling the team but, for now, we are in need of short term investment to maintain our league status. That is exactly what the likes of Austin are. Short term buys to meet a clear need.

totally agree

We either 'risk' a short term signing for a decent bit of money and spend to get us back up the table so we look like a decent prospect for players to join/not leave in the summer or we sleepwalk to the end of the season and run the risk of being closer to Newcastle United than Man Utd. Damage needs to be repaired after the last close season's efforts.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/charlie-austin/club-after-january-transfer-window

Our odds to sign Charlie Austin have shortened in the last couple of hours for some reason.

It's probably nothing but I hold out slight hope that some ITK has just put a loada money on it. :lol:

It's probably due to many of the other clubs linked to him going on record as saying they will not be signing him!

Bad temperament.

At the moment, I couldn't give a f**k about that in all honesty. We already seem to have a couple of dodgy players in that department. What we need is proven Premier League quality, Shelvey and Austin would both be perfect to come in, bang some goals in and maybe help us finish top 10 again - the extra £m for higher placed finishes is worth it.

You never know, they may also find their "spiritual homes" and stay forever and be perfect angels ... ;)

At the moment, I couldn't give a f**k about that in all honesty. We already seem to have a couple of dodgy players in that department. What we need is proven Premier League quality, Shelvey and Austin would both be perfect to come in, bang some goals in and maybe help us finish top 10 again - the extra £m for higher placed finishes is worth it.

You never know, they may also find their "spiritual homes" and stay forever and be perfect angels ... ;)

And now he has his own chef he must be in peak condition

They are if they think he is going there on a loan. The only way Caulker will leave is if Rangers can sell him. Its just made up nonsense. More plausible are the noises being made about him being sold to Palace or Boscombe.

Koeman saying we aren't closer to bringing anyone in and IF we do then it will just be one player.

He better be a really good player on the level of Schneiderlin / Alderweireld then, or I can see a lot of upset. If it's a bargain basement loan or £3/4/5 mil player they are really taking the mickey.

They are if they think he is going there on a loan. The only way Caulker will leave is if Rangers can sell him. Its just made up nonsense. More plausible are the noises being made about him being sold to Palace or Boscombe.

that went well