January Hcdajfu time?

simo

Charlie Austin - QPR

Hakim Ziyech - Twente

Nir Bitton - Celtic

Sign them and sell wanyama and/or mane....

We would be stronger and up a few quid for the season as a whole anyway...

People need to seriously ask where not just the transfer monies have gone, but also where the record tv revenues for the last few seasons are as well...

Not to mention the fact that next season, the club that comes bottom get a guaranteed £120m.... Cheslsea got circa £90m-95m for winning it last season....

That is guaranteed money!

Make no mistake, we had a fantastic squad last year and the best platform from which to invest since LM was in charge in the mid Eighties.... On current showing, the club have no serious ambition to achieve what they frequently state and are in serious danger of repeating the mistakes of Lowe. Not to mention the glaringly obvious comparison with Villa, a team that sold all their stars and youth players, never recovered, and who have slipped closer and closer to the trap door each year since.

Sign the above 3 players and get on with it board ffs. Taking the fans for a ride unless you show some serious intent/improvement!

A player from Twente. That's what we need.

I'm not saying he will solve all our problems, he will however offer more of a goal and assist threat than Davis and JWP currently do in the AM position and is taller than both of them as well so would add more value to that position than the current players in my opinion. Have him on the bench understudying Davis this season then starting next.

6mil pound for a 22yr old (how much did we spend on Mayuka?) who will grow and the dutch national team have thought enough of to select him for a euro qualifier (he pulled out injured) and are currently fighting Moroccan national team for his representation seems like a good deal all round.

He has also been scoring and assisting this season in a Twente team that has been getting hammered so its not like he is doing it in a good team, imagine what he could do with better players.

Meanwhile... In a city not too far away....

Our little brother club Bournemouth (who by the way, have been penalised for violating financial fair play) are able to trounce our record transfer signing by spending £16.2m on Iturbe as a loan fee.

Honestly, if that happens then the board need to seriously look at themselves, because the fans will! Not because Bournemouth have beaten our record, but because a far smaller club with a worse financial situation that us is able to go out and show some ambition. They have a great chance of finishing above us as it stands.

We have had 2 summers of transfer profit, 2 seasons (plus this one) of record tv revenues.... and we should be all but guaranteed a minimum of £120m next season from tv revenue when chelsea only got £95m for winning it last year....

Where the hell is the money?

What do we "need"?

Arguably a RB, AM, ST. Possibly a wide player too.

We're not going to get them all in Jan, so maybe just a ST...we need to find a solution at RB though (Byram?)

Top scorers in the championship...any of them worth a pop? Can't see Austin going anywhere until he's a free agent in the summer and can pocket himself a nice signing on fee.

Andre Gray Burnley 15

Ross McCormack Fulham 13

Charlie Austin Queens Park Rangers 10

Nick Blackman Reading

Fernando Forestieri Sheffield Wednesday

Alan Judge Brentford

Benik Afobe Wolverhampton Wanderers 9

Moussa Dembélé Fulham

Abel Hernández Hull City

Jonathan Kodjia Bristol City

Chris Martin Derby County

Jordan Rhodes Blackburn Rovers

Bamford wouldn't be an awful shout I don't think for a season long loan assuming we get rid of Caulker....

I saw some of you guys linking to a Sun article, where we were linked with Emre Mor. As a Dane myself, I've been keeping eyes on Mor, and I can only say that he would be an absolute bargain.

This kid has a huge potential, and everybody who watched his debut against Brøndby were wondering why FC Nordsjælland didn't bring this fella before.

He is fast, with great dribbles, and has vision as well. I was really impressed when i saw him the first time, and so were the commentators. One of them actually said "I wanna buy a jersey, that says "I was there when Emre Mor made his debut".

His agent (Of course you always have to look at agents comment with skepticism) has even called him one of the most talented players in Europe.

Okay now I've been sugarcoating this kid enough, but I sure hope that we'll get him.

Some video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7UbIZcDyx4

SSN just reported one of the possible CBs Big Fat Sam wants is Steven Caulker.. QPR want to sell but need an agreement between all 3 parties. Let him go surely? Have Stephens as 4th choice CB he's got to get premier league experience somehow and from Caulkers display against Liverpool he couldn't of done much worse than him and he'll be on 1/5 of his wages if that.

Is there any real point in this type of thread? It's not like Les,Freddy or Kitty come on here for their buying tips.

Similarly, if anyone is down at the pub with fellow Saints fans, please don't waste your time talking about any player WCDAJFU. Unless Les, Freddy or Kat are with you, of course.

Edited by Dark Munster

Demarai Gray signs for Leicester and won't go back on loan. Straight into the first team setup. Huge opportunity missed by Saints in my opinion.

http://mobile.lcfc.com/news/article/demarai-gray-signs-for-leicester-city-2883996.aspx

But why would he want to sign for a club who are 14th and not a club who are 2nd in the league. It's not a missed opportunity if the player doesn't want to sign for you now is it.

Demarai Gray signs for Leicester and won't go back on loan. Straight into the first team setup. Huge opportunity missed by Saints in my opinion.

http://mobile.lcfc.com/news/article/demarai-gray-signs-for-leicester-city-2883996.aspx

He's got potential, but its not a "huge opportunity missed" is it. He's scored a grand total of one goal, with one assist for the mighty Birmingham and now he's up there with Sam Byram as the player to definitely turn around our fortunes.

Is every player we don't sign going to be one we should have but then whoever we

sign could be good but the minute he loses form he will become a waste of time and s h it

Similarly, if anyone is down at the pub with fellow Saints fans, please don't waste your time talking about any player WCDAJFU. Unless Les, Freddy or Kat are with you, of course.

No, you're right. They are probably going to get some unfit, injury-prone, has-been on loan, just because he once got a couple of international caps and is the cheapest player they can get who anybody's heard of.

What's he done in his career to make you so keen on him? Which Birmingham games have you watched this season?

The kid is 19, has electric pace and has huge upside to improve.

Of course he is not the finished but who is at 19?

Let s be honest, if we had someone like that in our academy, we would all be creaming ourselves.

Let s be honest, if we had someone like that in our academy, we would all be creaming ourselves.

So we haven't signed a player that is very quick from Birmingham that we've hardly ever seen play. How will we survive.

So we haven't signed a player that is very quick from Birmingham that we've hardly ever seen play. How will we survive.

We did sign Jonno Quick though, how's he getting on , haven't seen him in the first team for ages, perhaps we're still improving him along with Danny NGuessan though. You can find electric pace on any street corner, the talent that goes with it is a rarer thing.

Why do our resident tools assume that players from lower league clubs, or that just because they haven't watched them, the rest of the forum hasn't either?
Don't get so upset and start making stuff up.

Tell us about all the Birmingham games you watched this season.

So Gray didn't sign for us but how does anyone here know if he wasn't on the radar of our scouting team, or indeed if we actually wanted him to sign and he chose Leicester. Whilst I am not exactly delighted with our recent transfer activity, it is pretty easy to come to the conclusion that we might have been interested in/bid on a player who chooses somewhere else.

More concerning would be that if we did actually offer, he sees Leicester as a better place to go and play as we should be top of that list given what our more recent (last 3-4 years) activity in the market, and approach to playing English players has been.

So Gray didn't sign for us but how does anyone here know if he wasn't on the radar of our scouting team, or indeed if we actually wanted him to sign and he chose Leicester. Whilst I am not exactly delighted with our recent transfer activity, it is pretty easy to come to the conclusion that we might have been interested in/bid on a player who chooses somewhere else.

More concerning would be that if we did actually offer, he sees Leicester as a better place to go and play as we should be top of that list given what our more recent (last 3-4 years) activity in the market, and approach to playing English players has been.

#NoDogsOrEnglish

We probably weren t aware that he was available for that price.

I would hazard a guess that everyone was and a load of teams the size of Leicester in this league went for him, he choose the team in the best position. Like most would in his situation.

:lol::lol::lol:

yet our very recently turned 21 year old James Ward-Prowse gets ridiculous abuse on here :p

one thing i do like we are doing, offering players like Isgrove, Gazzaniga etc new contracts in the hope they improve.

:lol::lol::lol:

yet our very recently turned 21 year old James Ward-Prowse gets ridiculous abuse on here :p

one thing i do like we are doing, offering players like Isgrove, Gazzaniga etc new contracts in the hope they improve.

JWP with Grays pace, now that would be a player...

I would hazard a guess that everyone was and a load of teams the size of Leicester in this league went for him, he choose the team in the best position. Like most would in his situation.

It's probably because Brum ain't far from Leicester and he can still hang out with his mates.

Talk of Steven Naismith going to Norwich the other day. Would be a good signing, PL ready, proven "pain-in-the-@rse" opposition player and can score goals. Floats about a bit like Mane and would be better than someone from a European league no-one has heard of and has a 2 minute clip of general ****** on youtube.

Windows as our French player expert Chieke N'Doye??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pushing 30, first season in a "top flight", not a Saints sort of player really. Trouble with Ligue 1 is that on occasions the standard is so low that it's difficult to get an idea of a player's real ability. You only have to look at the Ayews and all those others at Swansea and Villa to know that.

Might well be capable of giving us a couple of good seasons but might well not.

Pass on him unless the price is ridiculously low I think.

Pushing 30, first season in a "top flight", not a Saints sort of player really. Trouble with Ligue 1 is that on occasions the standard is so low that it's difficult to get an idea of a player's real ability. You only have to look at the Ayews and all those others at Swansea and Villa to know that.

Might well be capable of giving us a couple of good seasons but might well not.

Pass on him unless the price is ridiculously low I think.

Bertrand looked pretty awful in a Villa side.

Shelvey and Naismith? You know what, yes please to both. Exactly the sort of players we need; proven Premier League ability, can both score goals, but happy to get stuck in and give their all and neither would be on 'stupid' wages.

I'd rather we signed them (and Charlie Austin, or am I being greedy?) than anymore players from the Dutch league etc. We have enough of those in the squad, we need players who can come in and make an instant, Premier League level impact.

I thought he made them look better actually, might even have suggested signing him in a similar HCDAJFU version summer 2014 thread actually, probably got slagged off for it as well.:rolleyes:

Zero idea about the latter; but he looked just as bad as everyone else in that Villa side after a couple of games, as their fans also roundly pointed out.

Point being it is sometimes hard to infer much about a player in a struggling side.