January Hcdajfu time?

simo

James Forrest from celtic

saw him play maybe 3-4 times over the summer and start of the season, what with all the rumours about van dijk and then with celtic in europe.

he is very very good. very good with the ball, a real athlete, has an incredible shot that he seems not to even need a run up for. he's a winger - which we need - and at a club we have a good relationship with.

we could move mane to number 10 permenantly, and davis/jwp could either cover the 10 / out wide as backup.

heard it hear first (unless someone else said it before.....obviously)

Forrest really impressed me too when I saw him play for Scotland at Wembley.

Mane is better playing through the middle, sign a winger to free him up there.

I know he polarises opinion, but I reckon Andros Townsend would be an excellent signing.

I'm just going to get my crash helmet on ��.

Guessing he will go to WBA in part exchange deal for Berahino.

Is Remy injured - he wasn't even on the bench yesterday? I really think he would be worth a punt rather than Austin.

Wages maybe an issue but a loan with option to buy would be perfect like Bertrand.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/crystal-palace-aston-villa-southampton-and-swansea-chase-france-international-forward/

Edited by Give it to Ron

He turned down a scholarship from Harvard so smarter than your average Joe. Very decent looking last year

How was he offered a scholarship to Harvard with BBBC at A-Level?!? That's insane, that shouldn't be enough to get you into anywhere in the Top 15 in England...

James Forrest from celtic

saw him play maybe 3-4 times over the summer and start of the season, what with all the rumours about van dijk and then with celtic in europe.

he is very very good. very good with the ball, a real athlete, has an incredible shot that he seems not to even need a run up for. he's a winger - which we need - and at a club we have a good relationship with.

we could move mane to number 10 permenantly, and davis/jwp could either cover the 10 / out wide as backup.

heard it hear first (unless someone else said it before.....obviously)

Did you watch Nir Biton if so what did you make of him - he looked pretty good in the TV games I saw him play in - too weak for Prem?

Played 90 minutes yesterday, including assist for 2nd goal. Is Waljer injured?

squad rotation for xmas schedule.

bit frustrating watching spurs with one absolutely in form first choice RB, and another quality, young and upandcoming RB as reserve, who ends up getting an assist on his occassional appearance

that's where we should be

I'd be annoyed if Byram ends up elsewhere. Should be our type of signing. I know he's moved away from RB but good players do shift positions and I still think he'll move back there. Would be a good option in a few positions, ideal for us. Sick of cheap options from the Dutch league. The championship is a far higher standard.

How many cheap options from the Dutch League have we bought? One?

Would love Sigurdsson still if he can be taken from Swansea. Everything we lack in attacking midfield and think he needs a new lease of life with Swansea seemingly struggling. Great footballer with a great shot.

I doubt we'd be willing to pay wages that Swansea pay him.

Although for players of his quality we should be.

Not exactly HCDAJFU but I see Caulker is being lined up for a permanent move to Palace. Probably not too big an issue if Gardos is close to a return and Jack Stephens is available (I see the OS said that Stephens was not involved for Boro, perhaps they could have mentioned it was because he is back with us). Caulker moving would also free up a loan space if there is any truth in the Chambers rumour.

Would love Sigurdsson still if he can be taken from Swansea. Everything we lack in attacking midfield and think he needs a new lease of life with Swansea seemingly struggling. Great footballer with a great shot.

He'd be well out of our price range. He is one of Swansea's biggest assets so they would likely want silly money for him and would also be unwilling to sell to us from a PR perspective.

What do we think to Jack Grealish? Big questions over his attitude but harness that talent and he might be the attacking midfielder we've all been looking for.

Would be a gamble! Villa fans have not been impressed with him at all, as an outsider looking in he just doesn't seem happy there. And yet a lot of ex pros and the likes of Joe Cole have been raving about him, so there must be something there. I wonder actually whether Villa should make him skipper and see what happens, might ruffle a few feathers but they can't continue the way they are, and it might give him a kick up the arse to not throw his career away.

Gotta be Sam Byram for me too, apparently we bid £4.5M last summer which was rejected, but as his contract is up this summer expect Leeds to let him go rather than let him leave for free this summer.

He is expected to leave Leeds in the January transfer window

He is a solid attack minded RB and can also play RW, is only 22 so fits the clubs philosophy would give Cedric the kick up the backside needed as he currently has no serious competition for his place and would be an option to play on the right of midfield also

We had no idea how Tadic or Pelle would work out, in todays' market they were cheap options, and both have been inconsistent. Martina was the cheapest option, and Clasie although might have potential, is a very very cheap replacement for a player like Schneiderlin.

What sort of players/price tags should we have been going for instead of those three cheap £10m players.

I'd have liked to see Morgan replaced with someone with a higher level of experience than the Dutch league, someone who was fit and could come straight in when everyone knew it was going to be tough without him.

I'd like to have seen us in for Shaqiri, Bojan, Cabaye, Payet. We won't pay these wages it seems, but it's frustrating to not compete with Stoke, Palace and West Ham when we've been above them a couple of years.

None of which are 15 goal a season central midfield leaders.

I'd have liked to see Morgan replaced with someone with a higher level of experience than the Dutch league, someone who was fit and could come straight in when everyone knew it was going to be tough without him.

I'd like to have seen us in for Shaqiri, Bojan, Cabaye, Payet. We won't pay these wages it seems, but it's frustrating to not compete with Stoke, Palace and West Ham when we've been above them a couple of years.

How much are their wages compared to what we're prepared to pay?

Aren't we going round in circles now? I just said above we won't pay those wages. That's the point, it's frustrating that we can't compete with the likes of West Ham, Palace and Stoke despite finishing above them for a couple of years.

No, we're not. How much more are those players on than we're prepared to pay? Or don't you know?

Mane is better playing through the middle, sign a winger to free him up there.

I know he polarises opinion, but I reckon Andros Townsend would be an excellent signing.

I'm just going to get my crash helmet on ��.

I'll put my tin hat on and agree with you :)

I'll put my tin hat on and agree with you :)

i guess the problem with townsend is what we would be expected to pay for his services, but then again.... if naismith is worth 8 mill and he's 30 next birthday

i'd be ok with getting a decent right back and playing cedric as a midfield/winger type player . not as quick as some perhaps but has a decent cross

...only problem with Townsend is we're just getting like every other mid-table team trying short term... Rather than long term development which was what got us here...personally I'd accept a lower league position (as long as we don't get relegated).. And we bought some hope for the future.. Personally think Bamford is a good shout... And see Odegaard needs a club that knows how to develop youngsters :)

No but there aren't many around. I tend to think we can probably improve on Davis for leadership and goalscoring in that position though. Cabaye would have been a good start. But people get obsessed with replacing like for like. We got in a lot of money for two summers so it would be nice to see some bigger signings. Not squad players. Juanmi might be alright, I don't know, Romeu is alright, we got a couple of loans last year, but getting a shaqiri instead boosts the starting 11, not the bench.

Okay so that's fine. Amongst your cliché players such as your mythical 15 goal a season midfield leader how about you thrown the 20 goal a season striker as well? Maybe we could go for both of these as they seem to grow on trees as well. Although I must confess I'm confused as to what you want. On the one hand you're championing the signings of bigger name players dropping in the likes of Cabeye & Bojan as part of your "15 goal a season midfield leader" checklist, even though neither not the other players you mentioned actually are. Yet further up the thread you're expressing how much you'd be dismayed if we didn't sign Sam Byram, who if there is on bill that he fits is the cheaper, unproven squad player signed from a lesser league that you seem so dead set against. Reading between the lines your wish seems to simply contain players who signed for other clubs in the summer and have done a bit better than Okay, or other players you read somewhere might be good.

No but there aren't many around. I tend to think we can probably improve on Davis for leadership and goalscoring in that position though. Cabaye would have been a good start. But people get obsessed with replacing like for like. We got in a lot of money for two summers so it would be nice to see some bigger signings. Not squad players. Juanmi might be alright, I don't know, Romeu is alright, we got a couple of loans last year, but getting a shaqiri instead boosts the starting 11, not the bench.

But the "lot of money" we got in over the last 2 summers has all been spent, Ralphie's honour. We do not have massive stockpiles of cash just waiting to be wasted.

thing is. Stoke (Palace and West Ham) need to look at our way of doing things. We do it the right way, not throw money at it. ffs

9th in the league. Stoke fans must be living in some crazy crazy dream. Not something we could ever achieve, that's for sure. I mean, ninth. Ninth place. Dreamland.

...only problem with Townsend is we're just getting like every other mid-table team trying short term... Rather than long term development which was what got us here...personally I'd accept a lower league position (as long as we don't get relegated).. And we bought some hope for the future.. Personally think Bamford is a good shout... And see Odegaard needs a club that knows how to develop youngsters :)

Dont see how signing a young international with his best years in front of him as short term. He needs a manager who believes in him and will put his arms around him a bit.

Dont see how signing a young international with his best years in front of him as short term. He needs a manager who believes in him and will put his arms around him a bit.

..didn't realise he was only 24 to be honest... Thought he was 3 or 4 years older than that... Maybe we could get both..