January Hcdajfu time?

simo

Chambers isn't guaranteed quality though, he needs time to improve. Personally I don't want to help Arsenal develop players, that wasn't supposed to be the southampton way. If Chambers wants to come back and learn from his mistakes fine. A loan with an option to buy, fine. But a loan to improve and send a better player back to Arsenal? Fck off.

I doubt they paid £16m did they. So selling to us ditches all the add ons. I'd happily see us pay £10m for him, he still has great potential, covers a few positions and christ we need some young English talent again. Saw the article about the dutch league striker saying we also looked at Afobe. Chambers and Afobe in would be a great window. I mean I'd love a playmaker but not many teams seem to bother with that anymore, too risky and you might end up accidentally entertaining.

Just about every club in the league plays with either a second striker or a genuine no 10 except us. We have Steven Davis. Either we're doing something wrong or every other club in the league is

Lots of clubs are struggling with players in the #10 role. What seems to work for many is a second striker. We have Mane who can play behind Pelle and I think that works well for us. I don't mind Mane behind Pelle and Davis on the right.

mane is miles better when played off pelle

him being stuck out wide is killing us

I'd go Big and go French - so either Remy, Batshuayi or Lacazette...

P.s Yes, I know Batshuayi is Belgian but Belgium is basically just a really really really really shît version of France and he plays for Marseille so close enough :badger:

Edited by JxgrSaint

I'd go Big and go French - so either Remy, Batshuayi or Lacazette...

P.s Yes, I know Batshuayi is Belgian but Belgium is basically just a really really really really shît version of France and he plays for Marseille so close enough :badger:

Absolutely no hope of signing Lacazette,he will go to a top European club at some point.

Remy on loan would be ideal imo

Serious question - would you be happy to sell Long and reinvest/gamble?

Tough one. He won't do that every week obviously and there aren't a lot of teams you could play the same way against.

Being honest, we shouldn't sell now especially as Pelle is injured but I certainly don't see Long being a regular starter across his contract and even last night he showed his very rough edges at times.

Worth noting that yesterday was possibly the first real time we played to his strengths, so fair play to Koeman for that.

But Long isn't a very good striker in a possession based game, isn't a good wide player and isn't a reliable finisher. As we have seen the majority of the time in his spell here.

Excellent yesterday though against CBs who hated playing against him. Great to watch.

The other thread was partly a serious question and also partly to generate discussion - which it did!

Edited by Saint Charlie

Nowhere does Koeman say he's out for a few weeks. He said he's been struggling with injury for a few weeks.

Sorry, last night one of the journalists on Twitter said RK had said post match he would miss a couple of weeks.

Here it is:

@SimonPeach: Graziano Pelle will be sidelined for a few weeks with a knee injury, according to Koeman. Cedric will also be absent for #SaintsFC at #WHUFC

Sorry, last night one of the journalists on Twitter said RK had said post match he would miss a couple of weeks.

Here it is:

@SimonPeach: Graziano Pelle will be sidelined for a few weeks with a knee injury, according to Koeman. Cedric will also be absent for #SaintsFC at #WHUFC

Yes just seen that in echo I stand corrected. Before people jump on pelles back must remember he's been injured for a while now. Before that he was brilliant, 9 in 21 games isn't bad at all.

Agree we went through a goal drought last winter but were solid at the back with Morgan shielding the back four so kind of got away with it.

Now the defence is having a comedy **** up every week we need to score more goals ( and defend better).

Without a goal threat we cant mount any sort of comeback when our defence inevitably ****s up.

A striker and a RB is a must. This game proved it.

We won't get anyone though.

get debuchy? arsenal already have chambers and bellerin. maybe we can give them first refusal for wanyama or something. and he can't be as bad as yoshida and martina surely. his wages might be high.

as for striker: austin, remy on loan, or someone like embolo? idek.

Byram , after watching Forest v Leeds I'd take him in Jan, Leeds will cash in

Thought he looked impressive in that game.

Easy to say after he scored and made one tonight, but an Antonio-esque player from the bench wouldn't hurt.

Pace & power. Not sure we got much impact from Gaston or Juanmi off the bench tonight.

What do we think to Jack Grealish? Big questions over his attitude but harness that talent and he might be the attacking midfielder we've all been looking for.

Been thinking this too. Although his attitude is to be questioned.

Bamford's loan is ending. Maybe a punt on him?

James Forrest from celtic

saw him play maybe 3-4 times over the summer and start of the season, what with all the rumours about van dijk and then with celtic in europe.

he is very very good. very good with the ball, a real athlete, has an incredible shot that he seems not to even need a run up for. he's a winger - which we need - and at a club we have a good relationship with.

we could move mane to number 10 permenantly, and davis/jwp could either cover the 10 / out wide as backup.

heard it hear first (unless someone else said it before.....obviously)

I've always thought he'd fit in with our system and style of play . Only question mark would be his spell at Palace and why it went wrong . If he's not a Big time Charlie or a pizz artist I'd take a look , there's a decent footballer in there somewhere .

He turned down a scholarship from Harvard so smarter than your average Joe. Very decent looking last year