Bournemouth 2-0 Saints - Post Match Meltdown

Pamplemousse

I thought it was very magnanimous of the players to put in their first poor performance for a long while in order to give the doom-mongers a much needed run out on the forum. It's not healthy having to keep all the negative thoughts all bottled up for so long. Quick, fill your boots before the next decent run starts.

:)

What a bunch of miserable buggers on this forum. When we were going through our good run everything was rosy. We lost to Chelsea and Bournemouth, who to be fair, were up for it tonight and we all go mental. Tactics were wrong not the players. Sometimes the manager gets it wrong and in this case he did. 10 games left and another good run could be ready to start on Saturday.

What a bunch of miserable buggers on this forum. When we were going through our good run everything was rosy. We lost to Chelsea and Bournemouth, who to be fair, were up for it tonight and we all go mental. Tactics were wrong not the players. Sometimes the manager gets it wrong and in this case he did. 10 games left and another good run could be ready to start on Saturday.

No one is miserable, but that was utter trash heap crap tonight. No other way to paint it up.

Joke of a performance. Just annoys me how we are capable of going on a good run of form, yet equally capable of being terrible for a couple of months. The end result will be midtable; at least we can end the talk of finishing in the top 6 now to save any further disapointment.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

We were outworked all over the pitch for the full ninety minutes, which is disgusting. Our constant square passing in midfield allowed Bournemouth to settle defensively before we ever got near their box.

Mané is a waste of a shirt, and the over the top (apart from Arsenal) praise of Fraser Forster during the good run seems like a distant memory. What the hell was he doing on the second?

Good luck to Bournemouth - they gave us a lesson in effort, commitment and - surprisingly - attractive football.

I thought it was very magnanimous of the players to put in their first poor performance for a long while in order to give the doom-mongers a much needed run out on the forum. It's not healthy having to keep all the negative thoughts all bottled up for so long. Quick, fill your boots before the next decent run starts.

:)

You can be quite a **** when you feel like it, not sure anyone really appreciates a smart arse at a time like this

Outplayed and beaten by the better team. The whole team set up was awful and there seemed no desire to win, and we just can't score enough goals. This has been a very average season with now very little chance of staying in the top half of the table. Isn't it wonderful to be a Saints supporter?

Outplayed and beaten by the better team. The whole team set up was awful and there seemed no desire to win, and we just can't score enough goals. This has been a very average season with now very little chance of staying in the top half of the table. Isn't it wonderful to be a Saints supporter?

Well, I can think of a lot more worse teams to support. It's a bit of a nothing season, but we're due one of those!

you think this has been one of the best season ever?

weird

We are currently 7th in the top flight. If we finish there (or there abouts) that'll be:

a) higher than our average finishing position over the last 5 years

b) higher than our average finishing position over the last 10 years

c) higher than our average finishing position over the last 50 years

d) higher than our average finishing position in the last 100 years

e) higher than our average finishing position since 1885.

Yes, it's probable that we won't finish as high or with as many points as last season, or isn't quite as good as the glory days of the 70/80's , but sheesh stop whinging you bell end.

We are currently 7th in the top flight. If we finish there (or there abouts) that'll be:

Yes, it's probable that we won't finish as high or with as many points as last season, or isn't quite as good as the glory days of the 70/80's , but sheesh stop whinging you bell end.

We're doing ok but it could very easily go either way. My feeling is that finishing higher than 7th is going to need something very special.

We're doing ok but it could very easily go either way. My feeling is that finishing higher than 7th is going to need something very special.

WHU currently winning, making us 6pts behind them...

Funny what two games does...

I wonder if we will get that embroidered under the club badge on our shirts. Sod the stars for titles etc

I've had 24 hours to think about this one now. It was a painful experience for a 500 mile round trip.

First, take nothing away from Bournemouth. They were faster to the ball, hungrier, fitter. They pressed our midfield and forced us into long balls that didn't work.

But the selection was wrong. Targett/Bertrand works! Why mess about with it? Yoshida wasn't bad, but when he plays in a back three, Bertrand needs to get forward which he does less well than Targett, and leaves Yoshida exposed.

And why on earth didn't Davis start?

I would also have kept Austin on the bench. He wasn't too effective on Saturday and I'm not sure he was fit enough. He certainly isn't now.

Pelle wasn't bad when he came on, but wherever Mane's head is, it's not Southampton. Worrying, with Austin now out and Long doubtful.

Yes we were outplayed, but Mike Dean played a big part it that. Their aggressive pressing in midfield was rarely penalised despite tackles from behind. Perhaps we don't fall down enough. In contrast, we were routinely penalised for the slightest touch, for example the free kick leading to the second goal (which I accept was defended very poorly).

Having seen the replay of the Fonte incident before the first goal, yes, he should have put it in Row Z, but after several viewings I think it's marginal whether it was a foul. Could even have been the other way. But Fonte wasn't the one who fell over.

In true Adkins style, a firm blue line is needed. Unless we come out on Saturday with much more energy, resolve and creativity we'll have problems. Sunderland won't be a pushover.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie
M

Stoke winning and now down to 9th :(

That is probably where we will finish now Chelsea are back in the mix and Everton catching up. Maybe we can rise above Stoke but given the ups and downs of this season, 9th would be a fair reflection where we've looked decent and average as often as each.

yeah where is our payet, been saying this now for 2 seasons we do not get enough goals or assists from Davis in the AM role.

we wont get europe this season.

Chelsea are in for a shout of the CL IMO

oh, arsenal and spurs lose

Wenger surely won't be manager next season.

Edited by Batman

you think this has been one of the best season ever?

weird

In comparison to every other season in our history, yes. We've just been very spoilt to come so far so quickly.

Look at it this way - this season we've taken a step back. But how many steps are we ahead of where we were 4-5 years ago? I think we'll improve again next season, get some money in for the inconsistent/disinterested Mane and Wanyama and go again.

In comparison to every other season in our history, yes. We've just been very spoilt to come so far so quickly.

Look at it this way - this season we've taken a step back. But how many steps are we ahead of where we were 4-5 years ago? I think we'll improve again next season, get some money in for the inconsistent/disinterested Mane and Wanyama and go again.

Not a patch on some of the seasons in the 80s.

Or 2003, IMO

That is discounting 1976 onwards, as they are a given

Not a patch on some of the seasons in the 80s.

Or 2003, IMO

That is discounting 1976 onwards, as they are a given

Brett, since 1985 we've finished in the top 10 of the top flight 6 times. If we finish in the top 10 again this season, which there is every chance well will, then it'll be the first time we've done it 3 seasons in a row since 1982 and only the second time we've ever achieved that. As much as many of the mugs on here believe we are a Mega club or the likes of you want to criticise everything the club does and oh how I wish we were Everton, a top 10 finish this season will be a great achievement and will represent the most consistent performance in terms of league position for 34 years. So yes id say it's been a decent season and only a f*ckwit would disagree.

Brett, since 1985 we've finished in the top 10 of the top flight 6 times. If we finish in the top 10 again this season, which there is every chance well will, then it'll be the first time we've done it 3 seasons in a row since 1982 and only the second time we've ever achieved that. As much as many of the mugs on here believe we are a Mega club or the likes of you want to criticise everything the club does and oh how I wish we were Everton, a top 10 finish this season will be a great achievement and will represent the most consistent performance in terms of league position for 34 years. So yes id say it's been a decent season and only a f*ckwit would disagree.

Dell-sized mentality :rolleyes:

Id say it is a decent season too.

Unfortunately the season has not ended yet lets see where we finish before we decide how well the club has done.

I am not fckwit but can see that we are a better run club and have more financial clout than in the past thirty years so we should be hoping for better than we have had in the past for me the season has been a bit disappointing our Europe Adventure was poor we got thrashed when we were beaten in the League Cup and we lost in the third round of the FA Cup our League results have been generally OK away from home but not at St Mary's.

Other clubs are progressing well so there is going to be more competition next season.

Yep, I can't wait to get the home kit with that embroidered under the club badge, sod the stars for winning anything. To me it doesn't matter if we finish 7 th or 15 Th. it is just middling

Chelsea appear to be having a helping hand to achieve a CL place , after ignoring that foul at ours they have now scored a blatant offside "goal" at Norwich.

Forster seems to have reverted to his old brain fade ways that he displayed when he first came here , people weren't too impressed then either !

Chelsea appear to be having a helping hand to achieve a CL place , after ignoring that foul at ours they have now scored a blatant offside "goal" at Norwich.

Forster seems to have reverted to his old brain fade ways that he displayed when he first came here , people weren't too impressed then either !

Too many vested interests in them (and Manure) getting CL

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Absolutely no idea why Forster is getting criticised, he's better than he was before he got injured and the clean sheet record in no way has anything to do with him not having to make more than 2 saves in 4 of those matches.