Forster and Bertrand in the England Squad

Mattio

Shame the defence looks bit cack

But Forster acquitted himself well. And just as when he returned after injury at Saints, the England defence became more assured and confident.

He could not be faulted for Germany's second goal.

It was a good performance but Germany looked pretty half-arsed and still should have been 3-0 up.

Encouraging match but the usual over the top optimism is comical.

We have the opportunity to develop a decent enough team but, as people have mentioned, when the tournament cones around various over-rated no-marks will be squeezed into the team and we won't have the bottle to execute a coherent game plan.

Hodgson is a dreadful manager.

OK, with Hart, maybe so, although I am not sure he is as good as Hodgson makes him out to be. But we will revert to type. We'll have Rooney and Wilshere back in the starting line up and nowt will be different from Brazil.

Hodgson is a dreadful manager.

OK, with Hart, maybe so, although I am not sure he is as good as Hodgson makes him out to be. But we will revert to type. We'll have Rooney and Wilshere back in the starting line up and nowt will be different from Brazil.

dont forget the brilliance of Sterling, to come back in....

Surely Rooney and Wheelchair won't be match fit even if their injuries are better by June? They are rapidly running out of matches to get fit in and prove form. If Woy forces those 2 into the team it will be bad for team morale and cohesion, not only weakening it from a pure footballing perspective. Both have attitude problems in abundance and a sense of entitlement.

While I'd never wish ill health on anyone, I am praying their respective recoveries are drawn out beyond viability for this tournament.

I mean, why don't we exhume Bobby Moore? He was once really good, bugger form. Shoehorn him into the team why don't you?

Edited by adrian lord

as positive as last nights performance was (with a lot of work still to be done) I'm afraid I can't see Hodgson doing anything other than slotting Rooney straight back in as soon as he is fit.

Does my head in, Rooney was brilliant when he first turned up on the scene but those days are long long gone. He should never have even gone to Brazil.

Hart

Clyne Smalling Cahill Rose

Drinkwater Dier

Barkley Alli

Vardy Kane

A 442 variant, this would be my team.

As for rest of squad-

GKs: Hart, Forster and Butland

RBs: Clyne and Walker

LBs: Rose and Bertrand

CBs: Cahill, Smalling, Stones, Shawcross/Jagielka

MIDs: Alli, Dier, Barkley, Drinkwater, Milner, Oxlade, Henderson, Sterling

STs: Kane, Vardy, Sturridge and (Rooney (would tbh have Welbeck for versatility but meh) *sigh*)

No space for Welbeck, Wilshere, Walcott and Lallana

It was tough deciding this not going to lie, Henderson I'm not too content with but didn't fancy Delph- other option was Delph off the top of my head but not fit enough I don't think. Oxlade/Walcott another one- take one, but not both.

I might have forgotten someone significant too lol

My starting 11...

Hart

Clyne Smalling Cahill Bertrand

Dier Drinkwater

Welbeck Alli Vardy

Kane

I agree with most of that, I thought Rose had a great game yesterday and his form for Spurs has been great so I would have him ahead of Bertrand atm, and Welbeck I'm not sure about, maybe Sturridge for me.

I agree with most of that, I thought Rose had a great game yesterday and his form for Spurs has been great so I would have him ahead of Bertrand atm, and Welbeck I'm not sure about, maybe Sturridge for me.

good shout

I think Kane will go on to be one of the best strikers in the world in the coming years

Danny rose was excellent yesterday and poch has turned him into a solid defender.

Hart/Forster

Clyne Smalling Cahill Rose

Dier Henderson

Vardy Alli Welbeck

Kane

Vardy, Welbeck and Alli switch at will between the positions.

There's been a lot of people not liking Welbeck on here but I think he's excellent - unbelieveable United let him go for £16m really.

Poch has been successful because his players are trained from pre-season to be the fittest. He would not have that advantage as England manager.

He is also successful because he gives players a chance and plays them because they are on form not because of their reputation according to the press. If Poch stays in English football and does well with bigger clubs than Spurs, I hope our role in bringing him to this country is remembered.

good shout

I think Kane will go on to be one of the best strikers in the world in the coming years

Agree totally, I'm pretty excited about the prospects of this England side, the only down side for me is that Roy is managing it and does not have the guts to sideline his stalwarts, what I would give to have Poch managing the side!!

He is also successful because he gives players a chance and plays them because they are on form not because of their reputation according to the press. If Poch stays in English football and does well with bigger clubs than Spurs, I hope our role in bringing him to this country is remembered.

There is no reason why Spurs cannot be a big club again they certainly were 50 years ago much more successful than Chelsea and Arsenal in the 1960s.

By the way I always thought Lallana was overated all show and no end product many non Saints fans saying the same

Butland's fractured his ankle. Bad news for England and gutting for such a young keeper, but will also be a big boost for Saints in fending off Stoke. He'll be a huge loss for them.

This, although whilst he's nowhere near as good as Butland, Shay Given is still a top keeper, they've also got a young Swiss keeper who from what I've seen has potential, so they're still a threat for that last european place. Hopefully Butland recovers well, at least it's a break and not a muscle thing so should be a trouble free recovery.

This, although whilst he's nowhere near as good as Butland, Shay Given is still a top keeper, they've also got a young Swiss keeper who from what I've seen has potential, so they're still a threat for that last european place. Hopefully Butland recovers well, at least it's a break and not a muscle thing so should be a trouble free recovery.

Given is incredibly ropey these days. Was in goal for the 6-1 game at the end of last season against Villa and at fault for at least one or two goals. You might as well give up when you lose your place to Brad Guzan!

There you go. Hodgson will be taking Rooney.

Wayne Rooney: Roy Hodgson backs striker for big role at Euro 2016

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35908204

So we can look forward to Rooney not getting anywhere near the ball, hands on his head or hips crying to the ref every time h gets tackled and generally doing half the job Vardy of Kane would do.

F*cking bullsh!t

Rooney 7 goals from 22 PL appearances. Vardy 19 goals from 31. Why wouldn't Roy not start Rooney, stats don't tell the whole picture!!!

Hodgson should have been sacked after Brazil, so really, am not expecting much from him other than the usual dire, dross that we have been served up for the past 20 years. Just wait until Wishere gets back on games, he'll be straight in along with AOC.

Partly the egos we need rid of. I liked seeing a fresh young team, with the emphasis very much on team. Too often it's been all about individuals, even if decent players like Gerrard, Beckham, Rooney, the team has too often been sacrificed.

You see it in the premier leasgue all the time too. Teams with decent individuals and plenty of talent just not doing anywhere near as well as they could or should. It's a team game, Leicester and Spurs have been far better than Man City and Chelsea because of getting that right. England always remind me of the latter, just a mess of individuals not playing for each other and a manager not getting near the best out of them or finding a consistent team.

Liverpool and Suarz would be a better example - flying high with Chomper, struggling without him

Personally I'd like to see Wilshire back to form and fitness and in the team alongside Dier. He has been excellent in recent games for England playing in a deep role.

Rooney IMO also has to go, maybe not start but he is the captain and looked up to by all the younger players, you need his experience.

Hart

Clyne Stones Smalling Bertrand

Wilshire Dier

Alli

Sterling Kane Vardy

All dependant upon form and fitness of course, formation can switch to 4-1-3-2 when necessary.

England are going to get humped tomorrow. Just read on Sky Sports ticker: 'England training for Netherlands with only Forster and Heaton in the squad'. Not a single out field player! WTF is Woy thinking? Will we be playing 'rush' 'keeper? Nearest one to goal can handle the ball?

And, on a more serious note......

My squad for the finals would be:

GK: Hart, Forster, Heaton

Def: Clyne, Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Shawcross, Jagielka, Bertrand, Rose (it will be Stones vice Shawcross)

DM: Dier, Drinkwater, Henderson

AM: Alli, Barkley, Welbeck, Walcott, Sterling, Milner (for versatility)

Fwd: Kane, Vardy, Sturridge or Rooney - depending on fitness

However, I can't see Lallana missing out so expect to him in the squad instead of Drinkwater

As for a starting 11, I don't think Vardy should be put on the wing just to fit him in. It isn't his position.

So,

Hart

Clyne Cahill Smalling Bertrand

Dier Drinkwater

Welbeck Barkley Alli

Kane

(Possibly Walcott vice Welbeck)

Personally I'd like to see Wilshire back to form and fitness and in the team alongside Dier. He has been excellent in recent games for England playing in a deep role.

Rooney IMO also has to go, maybe not start but he is the captain and looked up to by all the younger players, you need his experience.

Hart

Clyne Stones Smalling Bertrand

Wilshire Dier

Alli

Sterling Kane Vardy

All dependant upon form and fitness of course, formation can switch to 4-1-3-2 when necessary.

Do they really look up to Rooney though....

Loyalty to failure?

Also:

Rooney's experience of what? Scoring goals against teams several tiers below England in the world rankings? Failure to progress past the quarter final stages of any competition? Throwing his toys out of the cot when things don't go his way on the pitch?

What exactly does the national side have to lose by having a clean sweep and rebuilding from scratch?

Edited by Mr Biscuits

Edited by St_Tel49
Misread original post!!! :(

Id love to c a new dynamic england but as long is Roy os there it wont happen, hes even on about taking shaw wtf, so baines, shaw, milner, wiltshire, rooney, aoc why not take barry as if i remember he was golden boy for s africa, if shaw's not fit, pretty much a given he'll take gibbs over ryan

Probably a deal with Nike where he has to. Same way managers can't stop saying Barclays premier league.

I'm not even sure if I'm joking.

Will be interesting to see if the "Barclays" references go away from next season the way the "Premiership" ones haven't after 9 years.

Id love to c a new dynamic england but as long is Roy os there it wont happen, hes even on about taking shaw wtf, so baines, shaw, milner, wiltshire, rooney, aoc why not take barry as if i remember he was golden boy for s africa, if shaw's not fit, pretty much a given he'll take gibbs over ryan

But Gibbs wasn't picked for this squad, Bertrand and Rose were. As for a new dynamic England well didn't we see that on Saturday. Honestly, people just slag off Hodgson for no good reason.

But Gibbs wasn't picked for this squad, Bertrand and Rose were. As for a new dynamic England well didn't we see that on Saturday. Honestly, people just slag off Hodgson for no good reason.

Yes we did see a new dynamic England on Saturday. and it was wonderful and lovely to see and I would love to see it continue. However we have a manager who will not drop players that he has decided need to be in the squad no matter how they are currently playing.

So you can expect a return to the dross we have seen before as soon as these players return from injury. With the trio of young, hungry strikers we saw on Saturday there is no need to choose Rooney yet again.

Milner looks crap, loads of mistakes so far.

Yep, another overrated favourite of Roy's.

Tonights game is more like the International friendlies we are use to. I don't get it, pick your best side and get em use to playing together as near as damn it.