Jack Wilshere.... .oh really ?

david in sweden

By an absolute country mile.

Just like Bertrand was better than any full-back we had when we got him on loan.

Wilshere is a very gifted player, he needs a run of games to improve his fitness. Wenger has him in and out of the side even when fit. Reckon he could be a great loan signing.

Perhaps but he is just one firm tackle away from another injury...

What is funny on this thread is the number of posters who think he is rubbish and not good enough to play for us:scared:

I don't disagree that his stock has fallen somewhat in recent years, but if we were able to sign him on loan then it would be a real coup. To suggest otherwise is bonkers!

Having him alongside Davis/Hojbjerg in the middle would be absolutely brilliant, but I'd be worried about upsetting the squad's equilibrium by bringing in a highly paid star on loan in what is by far our best stocked position. How would you feel if you were Ward-Prowse or Reed?

EDIT: That's on the assumption that he would play in the middle of the diamond rather than the base. If we think he can shield the back four I'd be over the moon, because we haven't replaced Wanyama.

Edited by DuncanRG

Having him alongside Davis/Hojbjerg in the middle would be absolutely brilliant, but I'd be worried about upsetting the squad's equilibrium by bringing in a highly paid star on loan in what is by far our best stocked position.

How would you feel if you were Ward-Prowse or Reed?

It's our best stocked position but I think only Hojbjerg and Davis are good enough at the moment.

^ yep, Hojberg is the least likely of any of the CMs to miss out.

He'd displace Davis, JWP, Clasie and at a push Romeu (playing as deep playmaker at the base of the diamond could work against teams we should be beating, or at the tip against better teams) because when fit he's better than them.

At his best he'd improve pretty much any midfield in the league, but that's the IF and why he's being loaned. It's a similar position to Jay Rod for us, Jay Rod back to his best would be a guaranteed starter for us, just like Wilshere would be for Arsenal.

I posted the OP ....just because I saw the item on a site, but I was surprised, not to say shocked ..... by so many mixed responses that came.

I did a straw poll from comments up until now....and it looked like this.

20 people .....said he would be a very good loan acquisition and would take him (and especially if Arsenal subsidized his wages).

22 more said very negative things (bad influence, continually injured, etc) ......say no more !

28 others made comments, but didn't express a definite opinion (they were the don't knows)

One thing we can be sure of, that (in the unlikely event of him coming to us) ...for better or worse....he'd cetainly get " a lot of attention " on this Board.

Edited by david in sweden

He wouldn't be. Be honest.

Wilshere is better than JWP, Romeu and Reed and probably Davis

That's why he is at Arsenal and on what could be deemed as a phat wad of a weekly wage.

I would prefer a decent player that can play most of the games than one that is amazing but only plays a few.

I posted the OP ....just because I saw the item on a site, but I was surprised, not to say shocked ..... by so many mixed responses that came.

I did a straw poll from comments up until now....and it looked like this.

20 people .....said he would be a very good loan acquisition and would take him (and especially if Arsenal subsidized his wages).

22 more said very negative things (bad influence, continually injured, etc) ......say no more !

28 others made comments, but didn't express a definite opinion (they were the don't knows)

One thing we can be sure of, that (in the unlikely event of him coming to us) ...for better or worse....he'd cetainly get " a lot of attention " on this Board.

The only benefit for us is short term. For Player and Parent Club the long term positives are a given. I'm hoping this is twaddle as it would be ratifying our position as lovely little Saints.

I can take the player sales and bi-annual coaching but wet nursing players for other clubs that we are competing with puts us firmly in our place.

He seems to live off a reputation built on the odd good performance every bluemoon followed by loads of time in the treatment room and bucket load of bang average performances. A decent player who is massively overhyped. He also seems like a bit of a tit if I'm honest.

Edited by doddisalegend

id take wilshere on loan if there was a potential option to buy tho

We helped bertrand and we might be able to fix wilshere

If the guy had minutes then he could be decent

But i wouldnt get him on loan if we couldnt buy him at the end

I dont want to help arsenal

id take wilshere on loan if there was a potential option to buy tho

We helped bertrand and we might be able to fix wilshere

If the guy had minutes then he could be decent

But i wouldnt get him on loan if we couldnt buy him at the end

I dont want to help arsenal

With you on that.

Utterly clueless is anyone who compares Mané to Titus Bramble trying to skill it past Messi.

Wow. That comment really has rankled you hasn't it, and to think it was a clear attempt at humour as well given he had a bad game. I was a mane fan. Let it go mate. Xx

Our south coast Sherlock is on the case...

Alex Crook ‏@alex_crook

Checked out rumours of a Jack Wilshere move to the south coast. Seems #saintsfc and #afcb both unlikely destinations #deadlineday

Alex Crook ‏@alex_crook

Now being told #afcb HAVE registered an interest in Jack Wilshere #afc #deadlineday

Good to see the reports that Glass Jack won't be coming to us to get in the way, (maybe if were managed by Woy there would have been a chance).

Anyway lucky for him as having watched a few of those player funnies saints put up, there would have been a good chance that Romeu would have snapped him in the first 10 minutes of training.

Our south coast Sherlock is on the case...

Alex Crook ‏@alex_crook

Checked out rumours of a Jack Wilshere move to the south coast. Seems #saintsfc and #afcb both unlikely destinations #deadlineday

Alex Crook ‏@alex_crook

Now being told #afcb HAVE registered an interest in Jack Wilshere #afc #deadlineday

I suspect Bournemouth's press team are trolling him :lol:

Him going to crustal or bummouth, to me shows the difference in mentality compared to Joe Hart. Seems like the east optu H to me instead of Benfica or someone else abroad.

Agree. If Roma wanted him, he'd get a chance to show how good he really is and the type of league might allow him to have a full season unhindered.

Guess he'd rather **** about than see if he actually is any good when not surrounded by the likes of Ozil, Cazorla, etc.